Wiki Posts
Search

What should be my next truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i ran an jammin x1 for a year and i bought it used and i never had a driveshaft wear. i had a rear one bend a little when i first got it but it suffered a huge hit. i replaced all driveshafts when i converted it to an x2 about 2 months ago and the only reason i did was because they had a little bow in them, not worn out or anything just a little bowed. i still have them and i would use them it one bent or anything like that but not all drive shafts wear. now outdrives are another story i had huge notches out on my outdrives and the new lightened ones are even worse. but i think more than anything is how you drive your buggy or truggy if you are wide open all the time and drive it hard it will wear.
Are you kidding me, Jammin cvd pins have the highest wear of anything I've ever seen. To add to that, you have to buy the whole damn cvd when it comes time to replace.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
Are you kidding me, Jammin cvd pins have the highest wear of anything I've ever seen. To add to that, you have to buy the whole damn cvd when it comes time to replace.

I concur.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
I concur.
Note that I used to have a Jammin truggy... and didn't put it on the "recommended" list.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Note that I used to have a Jammin truggy... and didn't put it on the "recommended" list.

ya we've been there.......Done that...........NO thx.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Hmmmm... where's my popcorn? Time for all the Fanbois to come out of the woodwork.

Seriously, pick something with parts available at your local hobby shop.

Or plan to keep parts on hand. EVERYONE breaks SOMETHING once in a while, even the pros.
You should look no further then the statement above. But to add to it. I would see who the fast guys are at your track. This will give you somewhere to turn to when you need setup help or part support.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default XT8 F.T.W

I dont see why anyone would go for anything but a Mugen, and Xray or a Kyosho for that matter. Personally got the Xray cuz side by side to a Losi it makes it look like a toy. I went through this dilemma millions of times when I was shopping around. But dont ever forget that set-up accounts for everything and so does driver experience and talent. So given that fact, why not go with the most durable and highest quality truck?

I have seen them ALL in person. I have driven an RC8T a D8T a Losi and an XT8 '09. My personal experience is this. All of the above with the exception of the XT8 has wore out or broken something on an unusually regular basis. And the Xray handles so precisely that it'll surprise you.

Who says Xray hasnt won races? The truck is not popular here in the states because we are a nation of brainwashed drones who buy whatever everyone else buys...namely Losi/AE. In Germany, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Thailand, Israel, Greece, Switzerland and many other countries...Xray dominates and is the preferred model to race. So case in point...Its good for the whole world and is recognized by the whole world BUT here in the states? Something disproportionate about that... no? lol.

To tell you the truth I even like the D8T plastics better than the Losi's. The price doesnt justify the truck. I mean unless you're a sponsored driver and all your parts come free then by all means go for it with my support too! But, dont make a mistake and think you have that luxury. Spend the money once, not 3times over

You wont be disappointed....Go Xray.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Is Xray sticking with there same truggy for next year, i guess there is no talk about a redesign, like the x808 2010?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i havent had to replace anything on my jammin except one a-arm because i stripped the plastic where the shock screw goes. i never do anything to it but race it. i broke alot of the old 13mm shocks but once i got the 16mm ones i havent broke or wore anything out. outdrive are the only problems i have had. i dont take it easy on my stuff either if something is going to break its going to break when i drive it. i like the low low maintenance on it, i change diffs ever 6 races or so and shocks i hardly every change them and i have never not finished a main except the one time my servo burned out(it was $15). also i have only replaced bearing once. and i race almost every week. but that yalls opinions and yall can have them but i know when yall dont finish a race i will be.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Silver(Stiffest) spring on a OS.28 is Improper stall on the clutch no matter What shoe you run.

Front Drive shafts wear on Every car....due to the nature of thing's we tend to run a lighter center diff fluid and that leads to the front tires diffing out which equals greater wear on the front shaft......the losi being at an angle Further increases the wear....Add a Tq monster .28 to that combo and the front shaft's wont last too long...ESPECIALLY if they aren't lubed properly.
I was running smart diff front and rear, with a Kyosho 3 shoe setup, and yes the wear onthe front drive shaft is more than others do to being on an angle, add a 28 to the mix and........
Old 12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default truggy

get a thunder tiger tomahawk truggy
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Obviously I would recommend the Tamiya 801x. The truggy is very competitive and extremely well built. Customer service is also top notch. With A-Main now stocking the parts, you should never have any issue getting what you need.
If not, I would at least stick with the Japanese made kits. In my opinion, the build quality, fit/finish, and parts quality are far superior to the Chinese and Taiwanese made kits. X-Ray is also top quality.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
Obviously I would recommend the Tamiya 801x. The truggy is very competitive and extremely well built. Customer service is also top notch. With A-Main now stocking the parts, you should never have any issue getting what you need.
If not, I would at least stick with the Japanese made kits. In my opinion, the build quality, fit/finish, and parts quality are far superior to the Chinese and Taiwanese made kits. X-Ray is also top quality.
Amen
Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
i was wondering if the new a-arms are better? i have heard that the old ones broke very easy but i have only talked to 3 people that ran them. but thats the only complaint i have heard about them, they look very good and built well but i was wondering if the new arms are better or are the new ones they were talking about even available yet?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Is Xray sticking with there same truggy for next year, i guess there is no talk about a redesign, like the x808 2010?
No the xt8 is going to stay the same (2009 specs) for 2010. They dont need to change it to tell you the truth. Its a great truck.

As for the tamiya, I always loved tamiya stuff...Im very curious as to how that thing drives but the only downside is the 15mm shocks. Every other kits has 16mm big bores. But ya Lutz is kickin a$$ with it but hes an excellent driver.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i was wondering if the new a-arms are better? i have heard that the old ones broke very easy but i have only talked to 3 people that ran them. but thats the only complaint i have heard about them, they look very good and built well but i was wondering if the new arms are better or are the new ones they were talking about even available yet?
The new arms are much better. I have had very good luck with them. They should be availible in the very near future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.