Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to CONTROL your Nerves??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I race and I get the shakes but its only when I am in a higher potential finishing position than I normally am in the mains. Once I enter the top three Its all I can do to control myself and stay calm.
I do race better when there are other trucks around me as it forces me to hold a tighter line and generally the shortest at that. grace under pressure is there but the minute the others are gone its like a rush to get to the next ones for some more bumping and prodding.
Placement heats have no effect on me at all. the mains are where it can get a little sketchy. It all comes down to state of mind and not getting too psyched up.
When on the track I am totally in tune with my truck right down to being able to hear my motor over the others. I do wish the announcer would forget my name though as anouncement of positioning usually starts the down hill run for me.
Either way this sport is a blast and I think being nervous just shows the want and drive to be good and not fail which is natural human nature. competition brings out the best in some and worst in others.

Two shots of Jack will cure anything, just ask the medicine men of the old days
Old 07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by token
Yeah but your not Ty or Jesse!
And your not adam drake. Your token. As simple as that.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

[quote=KWT-NITRO;6678734]Hi guys,
i would like to know how you guys stay cool and calm yourselves down before a race?? my first international race experience was the 09 FEMCA in Kuala lumpur and man i shaked like an earth quake i messed up the first 3 minutes of each heat because of this.

any suggestions, advices, tips??[quote]

get yourself a relaxtion cd or better yet a relaxation hynosis cd

i was skeptical bout this, but my wife bought one for me 12 months ago and it was the best $30 spent, theres many different ones round. have a look thru your local music shop
Old 07-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

couple adult bevreges works for me
Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use to get so worked up just trying to stay quick that I was always crashing. I would be really fast in practice. But would do horrible in qualifying and my mains. I would constantly overdrive my car and crash while trying to keep up. I finally figured out to just slow down on my driving a little and pretend I'm practicing while I'm qualifying. Now I'm one of the quickest guys at my track. I'm not the quickest but I'm working on it. When I am doing well while driving I get the shakes. I was racing one weekend and I was leading my qualifier I got the shakes so bad that the guy next to me was getting nervous from me shaking.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mracer
I am like everyone else. I don't think there is "cure" for it. However, the very best thing I ever found to do was block everything else out. (it took me some time before I could do this) Get in your head that you are out there to just drive the track and nothing else....you are not racing anyone etc. Concentrate on your car and your line, and let everyone else do whatever. You are just there to get your car around the track without wrecking etc. And try not to get caught in any meaningless battles with someone. At first this will make you a little slower but as you do it more you will get faster and faster

Hope this helps
U have to show up for a race first!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think this guy has it sussed{about 1.40 minutes into video}
Nerves not a chance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq49Qfv-j3k
Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by natb333
I think this guy has it sussed{about 1.40 minutes into video}
Nerves not a chance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq49Qfv-j3k
That vid had me in stitches!!!

Wonder if it works LMAO!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude236
I understand that, but when I talk about my Losi, I rarely compare my truck to any pros. Nor do I suggest products based off of what the pros use. My OPINIONS come from my experience.

I have always run Losi, since the XX stuff, I run OS because I ran OS since I was 12, I run Hitec because of you guys.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by token
I understand that, but when I talk about my Losi, I rarely compare my truck to any pros. Nor do I suggest products based off of what the pros use. My OPINIONS come from my experience.

I have always run Losi, since the XX stuff, I run OS because I ran OS since I was 12, I run Hitec because of you guys.
Ya i see what your saying. I run hb cause i like it. I mean you like losi i like hb. everyone has their opinions.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hi guys,

some poeple might think that this thread is worthless because it has no technical issues or quetions but i think controlling your nerves and stayin cool while racing will help alot. who doesn't sweat, feel sick, shake while going up the drivers stand for an important heat/ sub final or a 60 minutes Amain?? i know i do i try my best to keep everything under control but man its hard.

i would like to know how you guys stay cool and calm yourselves down before a race?? my first international race experience was the 09 FEMCA in Kuala lumpur and man i shaked like an earth quake i messed up the first 3 minutes of each heat because of this.

any suggestions, advices, tips??

cheers

Ali
chewing gum, its as old as competition RC racing.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Dang it Ananda... you took the words out of my mouth!!
In college I learned that chewing gum, especially in class, increased your brain activity 20% !! which is great considering i only use about 5% of my brain!!

Seriously though.. give it a try, it will help you concentrate more efficiently!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Imagine How Fast Adam would be with a good D8 Buggy to run.. LOL
Old 07-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoosterXp
In college I learned that chewing gum, especially in class, increased your brain activity 20% !! which is great considering i only use about 5% of my brain!!

Seriously though.. give it a try, it will help you concentrate more efficiently!
Then why do so many air heaeds chew gum?? Or would they be vegetables in the corner if they didn't chew gum? LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RoosterXp

Pro Losi driver told me about this 15 years ago LOL it just helps you take the edge off loosen up and just drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.