Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to CONTROL your Nerves??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default How to CONTROL your Nerves??????

Hi guys,

some poeple might think that this thread is worthless because it has no technical issues or quetions but i think controlling your nerves and stayin cool while racing will help alot. who doesn't sweat, feel sick, shake while going up the drivers stand for an important heat/ sub final or a 60 minutes Amain?? i know i do i try my best to keep everything under control but man its hard.

i would like to know how you guys stay cool and calm yourselves down before a race?? my first international race experience was the 09 FEMCA in Kuala lumpur and man i shaked like an earth quake i messed up the first 3 minutes of each heat because of this.

any suggestions, advices, tips??

cheers

Ali

Last edited by KWT-NITRO; 12-04-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can feel your pain!!!
I usually do really well my first heat and get progressively worse as the day goes on!

I race my best when I have no chance of winning!
Once I know I dont have any chance at winning I turn some of the best laps of the day but I just cant get rid of the nerves until there is no hope
Old 12-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Ativan....ask your DR.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ziggy007
Ativan....ask your DR.
+1 that stuff works, but the best medicine is jsut being prepared and having confidence in your equipment. If my engine is tuned and my car is working top notch them I am always cooler and much more prepared. Another thing I like to do is to drive the track a few times and then walk the track paying special attention to where I am having problems. The track can look completely different from the drivers stand than when you are on the ground walking it. Show up to open practice the day before and get your car dialed in setup, tires, engine tuning etc. The best way to calm the nerves is to be prepared and find confidence in it. If all else fails take a deep breath and pray.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

man thats what am talking about, sometimes its only a control practice but you still feel the pressure rising and rising and no way to cool down, i know its the idea of racing, the adrenalin rush and all but sometimes it gets overwhelming so you start driving like $h.t and loose postions, and after its all messed up, you start running like you normally do, we need to know how to run at our top from the beggining. am not a full time rc driver neither at the same level of some of the guys in here, so i think i could learn from you guys alot of things to manage this issue.

cheers

ALi
Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Talk sh!t on the drivers stand maybe that will help. JK
Old 12-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It wouldnt be as much fun without the adrenaline pumping (nerves) What you need to do is figure out a way to enjoy the adrenaline and still drive good! Me I cant drive good no matter what, but I'll be damned if the Rush isn't the best part
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

yea thats always fun, just start joking and bullshitting with your buddies or whoever.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 that stuff works, but the best medicine is jsut being prepared and having confidence in your equipment. If my engine is tuned and my car is working top notch them I am always cooler and much more prepared. Another thing I like to do is to drive the track a few times and then walk the track paying special attention to where I am having problems. The track can look completely different from the drivers stand than when you are on the ground walking it. Show up to open practice the day before and get your car dialed in setup, tires, engine tuning etc. The best way to calm the nerves is to be prepared and find confidence in it. If all else fails take a deep breath and pray.
Hey Frank,

ill ask about the Ativan, and thanks for sharing your experience. and about the breathing thing, sometime i breath deeply where other drivers find no more Oxygen in the air
Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
It wouldnt be as much fun without the adrenaline pumping (nerves) What you need to do is figure out a way to enjoy the adrenaline and still drive good! Me I cant drive good no matter what, but I'll be damned if the Rush isn't the best part
man the rush is there the night before the race so dont worry about loosing that part of the hobby.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i get the rush espially in 1/8 nitro buggy and i just stand on the drivers stand and think of something to relex me and take my time around the track,
and afterwards when im tune espially when its a close battle i my hand will shake but it does run in my family .
Old 12-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaz240
+1 You got it right....... for me it aint about winning, its about getting the adrenaline going even if I get rattled on the stand. Winning is nice but it aint what Makes me happy. It's about that rush of getting in the groove and staying in it as long as I can.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Staying Cool Calm and Collective on the stand comes with Year's of experience and not much more....some do it regardless of the skill level that are at....but most do away with the hand shakes and nerves after the first year or so i would say.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not appropriate

Last edited by Jaz240; 12-04-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Not appropriate
Old 12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Prophet

yea but u can get addicted to that if u try that but i know what u mean i used to smoke when i was a teen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.