Wiki Posts
Search

How to CONTROL your Nerves??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
About a 6 pack off beer as qualifying starts.. Then another beer every hour, will keep you nerves clamed down.. I doubt you drive any better, but you won't be nervous..
Old 07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the things best to do is to get mentally focued before the race by thinking about being smooth and poised while on the stand.. go over the layout in your head a few times..mentally driving it.. while you are up there chew gum.. it helps distract you from wandering because of it repetitiveness and last but not least control your breathing... slow semi deep breaths instead of short irratic breaths keep your heart rate from spiking... one other thing I like to do is play racing games like grand tourismo and do a 30 min race and not think about anything else while racing.. it will build your focus and concentration
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like to have about two shots of Whiskey about 30min before the main, not enough to get you buzzed but it calms me down. We call it liquid driving lessons
Old 07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
I like to have about two shots of Whiskey about 30min before the main, not enough to get you buzzed but it calms me down. We call it liquid driving lessons
Amen to that, brother!!!
Glad to see I'm not the only one.
I prefer Crown, myself.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

crown n 7 ought to do the trick.

maybe some alone time
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by McFly505
Amen to that, brother!!!
Glad to see I'm not the only one.
I prefer Crown, myself.
must of read my mind.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I thought this was all BS until I had my first official race. I had been on the drivers stand plenty of times during practice and I was fine. Just driving and having a good time. BUT race day (4th of July) something was different, I walked onto the drivers stand and I was shaking. I did not stop till after the 1st qualifier was done. I could not believe it!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
I thought this was all BS until I had my first official race. I had been on the drivers stand plenty of times during practice and I was fine. Just driving and having a good time. BUT race day (4th of July) something was different, I walked onto the drivers stand and I was shaking. I did not stop till after the 1st qualifier was done. I could not believe it!
LMAO

Welcome to the Club

and come on guys, all the advices are alcohol related, what if i dont drink??
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
LMAO

Welcome to the Club

and come on guys, all the advices are alcohol related, what if i dont drink??
Smoke weed. haha. Ya seriously some people like me are still under the drinking age.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Smoke weed. haha. Ya seriously some people like me are still under the drinking age.
I posted the beer fix as a joke, although it can calm you a bit. The best thing to do to calm nerves is race as often as possible, it will get better as time goes on, until you lead for the first time, then you get nervous again.. Best thing to do is keep your head about you, don't over think things, and just put in the laps you're comfortable putting in..
Old 07-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

I posted the beer fix as a joke, although it can calm you a bit. The best thing to do to calm nerves is race as often as possible, it will get better as time goes on, until you lead for the first time, then you get nervous again.. Best thing to do is keep your head about you, don't over think things, and just put in the laps you're comfortable putting in..
Ya i dont care i was just giving yall a hard time. Really i dont get that nervous. when my adrenaline starts going i do better. I raced dirt bikes for 9 years and i love the feeling of the heart pumping
Old 07-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man, you aint lying about that. It was just quals, but I started third and the first two trucks got hung up in the first turn. Looky here, I am leading the race 5 sec into it. Boy, I did not know what to do. It was like someone put my car on a totally different track! Too crazy.. Needless to say, I flipped the truck over and three trucks passed me. Then the major shakes went down to minor ones, lol.

Here is a vid my wife recorded for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmSonvgYwDY

Last edited by Sein; 07-06-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sein

Here is a vid my wife recorded for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmSonvgYwDY

I think that track is meant for 1/10 scale, or even minis!! That thing is tiny!! Whats that stuff laying all over it??

As for nerves, lol, I even almost tripped and fell down the steps of the drivers stand a couple times my nerves were so bad hehe
Old 07-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9

I think that track is meant for 1/10 scale, or even minis!! That thing is tiny!! Whats that stuff laying all over it??

As for nerves, lol, I even almost tripped and fell down the steps of the drivers stand a couple times my nerves were so bad hehe
looks like carpeted dirt track i guess
Old 07-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

I do all my possible to have fun. This is how I'm faster. I focus on my drive lines, not on other's behaviour. If I do a mistake I take it like a game: I laugh from myself. RC cars shouldn't be something too serious, I remember I'm here to have a good time and this calms me down. The more calm you are, the smoother you drive, the faster you go. Sometimes I imagine being alone on the track, as if nobody was around me, in my world. In other occasion I joke with my neighbors. This also helps, as well as breathing slowly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.