Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
6 1.3 front 35wt
8 1.3 rear 30wt
That's what I'm running was have a bad time with my chassis slapping big time this setup really help also turning was very good in and out
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
That's what I'm running was have a bad time with my chassis slapping big time this setup really help also turning was very good in and out
i like the 8hole 1.3-40wt front and 8 1.3-30wt in the rear..
Old 09-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcq
Hello

I am new with Serpent Cobra. This summer I have running with this buggy but stil now I have the same problem like I started this season. Can you help me a little with setup. The biggest problem I have, I cant control my end of the car when I accelerate he is slipping to side. One thing help is to do the end of car more harde. But we have very bumpy track so this is bad decision. Can you advice what set-up I have to use.

One more thing what bearing I could use for more lasting. I enžvent try BOCA ceramic and AVID all of them is not work more when 1-1.5 hours off running in the rear of model DIFF and c-hub.

Thanks
Hey RCQ,

I'm not 100% which end of the car your talking about. But if it comes around on you when you get on the throttle typically you soften up the rear. This summer we were on pretty loose and rough tracks where I actually dropped down to a 2.3 rear sway bar and it kept the back end in check. Car still rotated very well.

As for the bearings, if you don't have the Aluminum rear hub carriers I highly recommend them. Once I put them on mine I stopped going though hub bearings every race. Also stop using Simple green on everything too, oops.

I use AVID bearings, rubber shielded. Make sure the rubber is towards the elements and they have held up really well. Other then that I don't know what to tell you. Bearings are a wear item, your going to go through them regardless. If you take them apart and clean and re-lube after every couple of races they will last quite a long time, but eventually you will replace them.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:04 AM
rcq
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Goomba_7
Hey RCQ,

I'm not 100% which end of the car your talking about. But if it comes around on you when you get on the throttle typically you soften up the rear. This summer we were on pretty loose and rough tracks where I actually dropped down to a 2.3 rear sway bar and it kept the back end in check. Car still rotated very well.

As for the bearings, if you don't have the Aluminum rear hub carriers I highly recommend them. Once I put them on mine I stopped going though hub bearings every race. Also stop using Simple green on everything too, oops.

I use AVID bearings, rubber shielded. Make sure the rubber is towards the elements and they have held up really well. Other then that I don't know what to tell you. Bearings are a wear item, your going to go through them regardless. If you take them apart and clean and re-lube after every couple of races they will last quite a long time, but eventually you will replace them.
Hello

Yes I try to softer the rear of car with extended wheel base its not help. And try different diff oils. I am starting to think maybe I did mistake with building the Cobra. Now its look like Mission impossible to drive Cobra. My running time with Revo 3.3 is two circle better then with Cobra (running 30min).

Yes I understand what bearing is wear items. But when I see other guys is running 5 race and bearing is good condition, I have to chande every race. Thats why I triing to find another way to look after the bearing.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcq
Hello

Yes I try to softer the rear of car with extended wheel base its not help. And try different diff oils. I am starting to think maybe I did mistake with building the Cobra. Now its look like Mission impossible to drive Cobra. My running time with Revo 3.3 is two circle better then with Cobra (running 30min).

Yes I understand what bearing is wear items. But when I see other guys is running 5 race and bearing is good condition, I have to chande every race. Thats why I triing to find another way to look after the bearing.

Thanks
Can you give us you current setup that your running and maybe we can find something there that is the problem.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 AM
rcq
Tech Adept

Can you give us you current setup that your running and maybe we can find something there that is the problem.
There is some: RCQsetup is last what I try and IGAsetup is setup from guy what he find the best for his driving stile
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RCQ setup.pdf (137.9 KB, 175 views)
File Type: pdf
Iga setup.pdf (144.8 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by rcq; 09-02-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcq
There is some: RCQsetup is last what I try and IGAsetup is setup from guy what he find the best for his driving stile
Here is a couple things I would suggest to you to try with either setup.

1. Run a shorter camber link in the front such as the 2A location. With a long link in the front it can hook around a lot easier.

2. Run Less anti Squat, so the rear arms are more parallel to the ground. this could allow the rear end to dig in more by shifting weight rearward.

3. Run the Option 2 or 1 Ackerman bar it will reduce the amount of exit steering.

4. Run -1º of camber all the way around. With as much as your using this alone could fix your problem. Might want to try this first before changing anything.

5. Lay down the rear shocks more. Almost all summer I was in the #3 hole on the tower and the B hole on the arm to calm the rear down.

That's all I got for ya. Remember to only change one thing at a time so you can feel the difference. but it may take a combonation of a few of these to make it work.

I would highly suggest trying Chad Phillips setup or J. Whiting setup. Once I went to Chad's setup I was completely happy with the car and it stopped me from thinking about switching brands again. If you need either one those setups let me know, I can get them to you or refer you to the pages in the forum.

Good Luck RCQ, I hope we can get you through this speed bump.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

here ya go guys.. got my serpent for sale

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...bra-parts.html
Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcq
What rebound are you running in the shocks? In the rear run no rebound to let the weight transfer to the rear so it start stable. And if you are trying to tighten up the rear move the rear hubs forward and drop to a 2.0 rear swaybar. Try them 1 at a time and see what they do.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
What rebound are you running in the shocks? In the rear run no rebound to let the weight transfer to the rear so it start stable. And if you are trying to tighten up the rear move the rear hubs forward and drop to a 2.0 rear swaybar. Try them 1 at a time and see what they do.
That will work indeed. Also another thing that worked for me was to leave everything as is and change the rear inserts to #5 ones for 3.5 deg rear toe.....loose rear end problem solved.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 AM
rcq
Tech Adept

1. Run a shorter camber link in the front such as the 2A location. With a long link in the front it can hook around a lot easier.

2. Run Less anti Squat, so the rear arms are more parallel to the ground. this could allow the rear end to dig in more by shifting weight rearward.

3. Run the Option 2 or 1 Ackerman bar it will reduce the amount of exit steering.

4. Run -1º of camber all the way around. With as much as your using this alone could fix your problem. Might want to try this first before changing anything.

5. Lay down the rear shocks more. Almost all summer I was in the #3 hole on the tower and the B hole on the arm to calm the rear down.

That's all I got for ya. Remember to only change one thing at a time so you can feel the difference. but it may take a combonation of a few of these to make it work.

I would highly suggest trying Chad Phillips setup or J. Whiting setup. Once I went to Chad's setup I was completely happy with the car and it stopped me from thinking about switching brands again. If you need either one those setups let me know, I can get them to you or refer you to the pages in the forum.

Yes give me Chad Phillips or J.Whiting Setup. If we will have good weather I will try to do changes you suggest for me. Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All that he said and play with front toe, if you have alot of toe-out try between 0-1.5 deg of out. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Great info guys. Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcq
Yes give me Chad Phillips or J.Whiting Setup. If we will have good weather I will try to do changes you suggest for me. Thanks
sent you a pm.. rcq... jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.