Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m.velder
Do you guy's have test results about the shocks mounted behind the reartower?

Gr Michel
I was thinking about doing this mod about a month ago now I think, can check the previous posts.

I can see that it spreads the weight out longer which in theory would potentially make the car a little lazyer, and help in the rough stuff. Essentially it's kind of like giving it a longer chassis. That's what they are really doing, just changing the weight distribution, they aren't changing any of the suspension pick up points.

IMO the car is really good through the rough stuff already so that's why I never went through the mod. And a little birdy told me straping on a BCE Chassis makes it even better .
Old 08-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Goomba_7
I was thinking about doing this mod about a month ago now I think, can check the previous posts.

I can see that it spreads the weight out longer which in theory would potentially make the car a little lazyer, and help in the rough stuff. Essentially it's kind of like giving it a longer chassis. That's what they are really doing, just changing the weight distribution, they aren't changing any of the suspension pick up points.

IMO the car is really good through the rough stuff already so that's why I never went through the mod. And a little birdy told me straping on a BCE Chassis makes it even better .
Heard the same thing about the BCE chassis. Might have to order one this upcoming week.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

you also got grind 6mm out the rear hubs and arms to get stuff back far enought
Old 08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I cant see how the BCE chassis will help, without loosing the rear center drive shaft, as it is too short already, and the update was only 1mm longer, I think.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dal
I cant see how the BCE chassis will help, without loosing the rear center drive shaft, as it is too short already, and the update was only 1mm longer, I think.
from what i understand it just stiffer
Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dal
update of what chassis, there has not been an update chassis for the serpent, are you talking mugen
Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I heard the bce chassis was going to be 3mm longer, with the length added to the rear.
Thats why I sugested the drive shaft would pop out, but it has not been made yet, so maybe they changed their mind.

Yeah the serpent.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dal
I heard the bce chassis was going to be 3mm longer, with the length added to the rear.
Thats why I sugested the drive shaft would pop out, but it has not been made yet, so maybe they changed their mind.

Yeah the serpent.
You are mistaken there. Bill and I have worked on the chassis from the start and I got him going on the idea to make the product in the first place. While I run for Serpent America, I think the chassis material on the stock chassis is a little on the soft side. When Bill made the first chassis I tested, it was completely stock dimensions with different pocketing and of course billet material. It was WAY stiffer than the stock plate and wore a ton better. I ran that plate for as long as I could before a hard hit at a race bent/broke the entire front of the car and bent the plate. He's on the final product now as the prototype needing fine tuning for fitment and finish. The final products will not be longer. I'll have a production plate shortly to give some feedback.

Also, the 811 is already quite long compared to other cars.

Heck, right after the Worlds, when I went to South Carolina and raced against Maifield, we put our cars side by side. My car was almost full short and his car was a good 5mm shorter than mine, wheelbase wise. And that was with him running the BCE longer plate made for the Worlds for the RC8B.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm holding out for the hard anno chassis whenever that thing surfaces.

I'm really happy with my buggy right now though. It's the best it's ever felt. The setup I have is perfect for my style.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

you guys should have the hard plate with in a month form what i understand they got a limited number in the first order and the team guys ate them up.

i still have the stock plate on my car but imo it just to soft and way to much flex.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
you guys should have the hard plate with in a month form what i understand they got a limited number in the first order and the team guys ate them up.

i still have the stock plate on my car but imo it just to soft and way to much flex.
i am waiting on a new chassis also....... jeremy
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I have an electric rcm s811 for sale.. Almost ready to run. Pm me if interested
Old 08-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
i am waiting on a new chassis also....... jeremy
They show as in-stock at AbsoluteHobbyz ...

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=6432
Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

well i tested a few new things today on are cars we been pretty much running the same set up for a few months now.

out of all things i tryed today the 6 hole front piston showed the most promise and will be doing more testing with those.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by porkchop
well i tested a few new things today on are cars we been pretty much running the same set up for a few months now.

out of all things i tryed today the 6 hole front piston showed the most promise and will be doing more testing with those.
Charles what 6 hole pistons were you running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.