Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
???? 6 hole front 56 6 holes with 35 wt
and 8 56 8 holes and 27.5 was out 30 ????? kind of confused chops........... i assume the 56 is a #56 drilled hole?? gota busta the chops once and a while... jeremy
it was way to late at night lol
6 hole white front with 55 drill bit
8 hole white rear with 55 drill bit
Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
it was way to late at night lol
6 hole white front with 55 drill bit
8 hole white rear with 55 drill bit
i was just bustin the chops.. all good you will find alot of my mistakes on here also... new setups this weekend.. so far testing they seem really really good.. see how race day goes.. jeremy
Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t
#56 is actually 1.1811mm.....

while ago I made this drill chart for us mugen guys. looks like you serpent guys would have more use for. mine includes hole circumferences as well. enjoy...i think.
Oops Looks like I need to click the google link and not just read the abstract. Thanks for the chart.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

well got 3 weeks on the car now.. here is how my race day went.. getting the car set up to my liking.. jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy-medals.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well got 3 weeks on the car now.. here is how my race day went.. getting the car set up to my liking.. jeremy
Might as well switch brands, as it's all downhill from here

Congrats! How do they feel compared to your previous rides?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mthird
Might as well switch brands, as it's all downhill from here

Congrats! How do they feel compared to your previous rides?
thanks.. i feel more connected to them.. they accelerate faster... react faster.. just more my style of driving... i still have a few little things to work on but the setup is about 90-95% to my liking... jeremy
Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

thanks.. i feel more connected to them.. they accelerate faster... react faster.. just more my style of driving... i still have a few little things to work on but the setup is about 90-95% to my liking... jeremy
Can you post what you have so far of your setup?

1airborne
Old 08-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It certainly accelerates faster and has quicker on-power steering, but what I was lacking in my prior ride was the lap to lap and race to race consistency. I can push the car really hard and have it react in an expected fashion.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1airborne
Can you post what you have so far of your setup?

1airborne
i will go thru the buggy tonight or tomorrow and get it posted up... need some family time tonight but i will get it posted asap.. jeremy
Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i will go thru the buggy tonight or tomorrow and get it posted up... need some family time tonight but i will get it posted asap.. jeremy
Thank you , and I know what you mean.

1airborne
Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

ok got some time to tear down the buggy... the normal setup sheet is to big for tech.. if someone wants a standard copy send me a pm.. or if someone can size it to fit here i will send it to them to post on here.. also i used the webbed bladders in the shocks.. jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy-buggy-setup-8-20-11.jpg  

Last edited by J.Whiting; 08-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys this past weekend I raced with Alan Burton at our local track. We had a hell of a run but I saw one thing I was lacking. My buggy was a little better through the outer high speed sections of the track, but his was better on the low speed in-field, which is really what counts on this track. He would erase any gains I could make on the outer parts of the track and then some. I didn't have the low speed off power steering he did. I need a little more, but don't really know what to change...lol. So with this being said I'm running the front :

camber links at B on the hub and 5 on the tower
Front shock 4 on tower and A hole on arm.
Running 10 deg caster hubs
5K diff oil in front
Shock is 8 hole with 37.5wt

The buggy was great and was super fast, but just need a little more in all the tight 180 sections. Never really noticed it till I had to run with Alan.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Hey guys this past weekend I raced with Alan Burton at our local track. We had a hell of a run but I saw one thing I was lacking. My buggy was a little better through the outer high speed sections of the track, but his was better on the low speed in-field, which is really what counts on this track. He would erase any gains I could make on the outer parts of the track and then some. I didn't have the low speed off power steering he did. I need a little more, but don't really know what to change...lol. So with this being said I'm running the front :

5K diff oil in front

The buggy was great and was super fast, but just need a little more in all the tight 180 sections. Never really noticed it till I had to run with Alan.

Our truggies were acting similar so we put a softer sway bar in the front, and a stiffer one in the rear, after that the car could rotate on a razor blade, made a huge difference...
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Our truggies were acting similar so we put a softer sway bar in the front, and a stiffer one in the rear, after that the car could rotate on a razor blade, made a huge difference...
I'm already running a 2.3 front bar with a 2.5 rear bar.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx

5K diff oil in front

1-A on the front camber link and in the rear 1-B will give the car a lot more turn in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.