Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OBMIT
$29 freight for 2 x shock caps
now that's funny.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OBMIT
$29 freight for 2 x shock caps
that is because we only ship priority international and 29 is the minimum charge.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
that is because we only ship priority international and 29 is the minimum charge.
I really don't know why. I've purchased a couple of things now from Absolute and it's taken longer to get to me than stuff from Amain. A lot bag Amain but I've never had a problem and their shipping is cheaper than getting things delivered locally here in Aus.

I'm not blaming Absolute either because they probably feel they are using the best service. When it leaves their door how would they know unless customers complain right? My advice to Absolute, ditch the priority shipping and it's ridiculous minimum cost and go with a cheaper option. Or at least give your international customers options like Amain does when it comes to shipping. You'll get a hell of a lot more sales especially on the smaller/lighter less expensive items where shipping can turn out to cost more than the item you are selling (as it currently stands).

Just my 2c worth. I'd like to buy more from Absolute, but the shipping inflexibly restricts me from doing so. Also things don't get here any quicker using that service, actually slower in my experience.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John.
I really don't know why. I've purchased a couple of things now from Absolute and it's taken longer to get to me than stuff from Amain. A lot bag Amain but I've never had a problem and their shipping is cheaper than getting things delivered locally here in Aus.

I'm not blaming Absolute either because they probably feel they are using the best service. When it leaves their door how would they know unless customers complain right? My advice to Absolute, ditch the priority shipping and it's ridiculous minimum cost and go with a cheaper option. Or at least give your international customers options like Amain does when it comes to shipping. You'll get a hell of a lot more sales especially on the smaller/lighter less expensive items where shipping can turn out to cost more than the item you are selling (as it currently stands).

Just my 2c worth. I'd like to buy more from Absolute, but the shipping inflexibly restricts me from doing so. Also things don't get here any quicker using that service, actually slower in my experience.
HI John,

Thanks for the info i will pass it along to Joe. I can tell you it isn't us that takes longer as we always ship same day or following day when someone orders. IF you are in Western Au, it will take longer than A-main as we are on the opposite of the country which is even farther away than A-main.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default General assistance

hey, guys....I have an 811 that I have never ran (original one) that I am going to start running because I am not happy with my TKI2....I already have the new radio servo tray coming in from serpent usa.....is there anything else recommended?
BTW, pm me if you want two KYOSHO Tki2's, lololol
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
hey, guys....I have an 811 that I have never ran (original one) that I am going to start running because I am not happy with my TKI2....I already have the new radio servo tray coming in from serpent usa.....is there anything else recommended?
Just out of interest, why didnt you like the MP9?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will take them 2 TKI2's off of your hands if your giving them away.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lilja
Just out of interest, why didnt you like the MP9?
I DID like it, it ran great, but I forked over $900 for each buggy with the understanding that it already included all of the Hop Ups (WC edition) only to find out that the front dogbones pop out of the cups with very little use....AND that the cars driveline wears out quickly. I normally would not switch brads like this, but I had a brand new serpent that I never ran, and i put it on here to sell and NO ONE would buy it for less than $300....so i thought.....HMMMMMM maybee I should just try this serpent out....so that is what I am thinking of doing....lol
Old 07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

I DID like it, it ran great, but I forked over $900 for each buggy with the understanding that it already included all of the Hop Ups (WC edition) only to find out that the front dogbones pop out of the cups with very little use....AND that the cars driveline wears out quickly. I normally would not switch brads like this, but I had a brand new serpent that I never ran, and i put it on here to sell and NO ONE would buy it for less than $300....so i thought.....HMMMMMM maybee I should just try this serpent out....so that is what I am thinking of doing....lol
i suggest you take a proper look at the mp9 thread. you can stop it from happening. my tki1 drive line hasnt been touched in over a year..
Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Smile I know what you are saying, but.......

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
i suggest you take a proper look at the mp9 thread. you can stop it from happening. my tki1 drive line hasnt been touched in over a year..
I have solutions....
1. Buy Agama cups (not free)
2. Buy Fiorni CVD's (not free)
3. Buy Kyosho CVD's (not free)
4. Buy TKI1 Dogbones (what was the point of getting the 2 version, then?)
5. Put the Kyosho away, try the other buggy that i have (that comes with CVD's already) and see if it suits my driving style (the kyosho works well for me, driving-wise). If the other buggy suits my driving style and doesent have major issues (like the TKI2 Driveline does), then sell the Kyosho and problem solved.

The WORST thing that could happen in scenario 5 is that I run the Serpent and i dont like it. If that happens, I can just sell it and get the Band-aids for the Kyosho.

Like I mentioned before, I like how the Kyosho drives, but there are alot of buggies out there that cost alot less and that drive well. if I am paying a premium for a vehicle, it is because I want it to have been FIGURED OUT before I buy it.....Looks like a buttload of people are having issues with the Driveline and that just is dissapointing....If I paid like $500-600, i would not have minded.

I expect to routinely replace driveline parts due to wear, not because they pop out mid-race.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

I have solutions....
1. Buy Agama cups (not free)
2. Buy Fiorni CVD's (not free)
3. Buy Kyosho CVD's (not free)
4. Buy TKI1 Dogbones (what was the point of getting the 2 version, then?)
5. Put the Kyosho away, try the other buggy that i have (that comes with CVD's already) and see if it suits my driving style (the kyosho works well for me, driving-wise). If the other buggy suits my driving style and doesent have major issues (like the TKI2 Driveline does), then sell the Kyosho and problem solved.

The WORST thing that could happen in scenario 5 is that I run the Serpent and i dont like it. If that happens, I can just sell it and get the Band-aids for the Kyosho.

Like I mentioned before, I like how the Kyosho drives, but there are alot of buggies out there that cost alot less and that drive well. if I am paying a premium for a vehicle, it is because I want it to have been FIGURED OUT before I buy it.....Looks like a buttload of people are having issues with the Driveline and that just is dissapointing....If I paid like $500-600, i would not have minded.

I expect to routinely replace driveline parts due to wear, not because they pop out mid-race.
just buy a rear chassis skid plate that will limit up travel and prevent it

anyway this is a serpent thread, serpent talk only mr
Old 07-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
I will take them 2 TKI2's off of your hands if your giving them away.
LOL, they arent turds....I cant just poop them out, haha! Thanks for the offer, though.:-)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

...Seriously, thoug.....I imagine that many of you guys have been running the 811 for some time.....what are the achilles heels of the buggy? Anything I should look out for? Stock up for? LMK
Old 07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

...Seriously, thoug.....I imagine that many of you guys have been running the 811 for some time.....what are the achilles heels of the buggy? Anything I should look out for? Stock up for? LMK
just bearings and cluch bells
Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LOL, they arent turds....I cant just poop them out, haha! Thanks for the offer, though.:-)
I have an rc8b, rc8t ft, sc8(converting to 1/10 scale electric), monster gt, jato 3.3, xtm xt2,xtm mammoth mt,rc18t, sportwerks turmoil for your choice of trades :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.