Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wheelie master
do the clutch bells wear out quickly?
yes sir
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
I DID like it, it ran great, but I forked over $900 for each buggy with the understanding that it already included all of the Hop Ups (WC edition) only to find out that the front dogbones pop out of the cups with very little use....AND that the cars driveline wears out quickly. I normally would not switch brads like this, but I had a brand new serpent that I never ran, and i put it on here to sell and NO ONE would buy it for less than $300....so i thought.....HMMMMMM maybee I should just try this serpent out....so that is what I am thinking of doing....lol
Really?? SOB! I wasn't really planning on buying a buggy until next season, but I love the Serpent truggy so much, I would have bought the buggy had I known you were selling so low!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wheelie master
do the clutch bells wear out quickly?
Not if you have the right gap. I have ran 1 clutch bell for almost a year. You just have to keep checking the gap.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Same on the club bell.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

ok got my buggy built this week.. got a few test laps next to my house.. all seems good so far.. looking like tomorrow will be the shake down day at the track... the car seems to handle very nice.. got most of the hop-up parts paul suggested.. jeremy
Old 07-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
ok got my buggy built this week.. got a few test laps next to my house.. all seems good so far.. looking like tomorrow will be the shake down day at the track... the car seems to handle very nice.. got most of the hop-up parts paul suggested.. jeremy
The difference was startling for me, Jeremy. I literally picked up 2 seconds per lap and more importantly the spread on my lap times went from 2s down to .5s.

The upgrades I purchased were the front/rear brace, webbed bladders, low roll rear block, optional rear-front block, springs, and sway bar. I've got around $800 into it, but now it's bullet proof. After 2.5 gallons I've had to replace 2 bearings. That's it. All of the **spare** parts sit in the same box the OD parts did (those were tough as nails, too).

Last edited by mthird; 07-30-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Clarified wording
Old 07-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Originally Posted by mthird
The difference was startling for me, Jeremy. I literally picked up 2 seconds per lap and more importantly the spread on my lap times went from 2s down to .5s.

The upgrades I purchased were the front/rear brace, webbed bladders, low roll rear block, optional rear-front block, springs, and sway bar. I've got around $800 into it, but now it's bullet proof. After 2.5 gallons I've had to replace 2 bearings. That's it. All of the other parts sit in the same box the OD parts did (those were tough as nails, too).
got all that stuff.. thank to paul.. car felt good so far.. tomorrow will be the day.. i think things will be just fine.. just have to get a feel for it.. lots of bigger races the next 6 weeks for me.. hope i get a fell for the buggy fast.. again thank to all for the responses... jeremy
Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had an extraordinary amount of luck, but got my first ever win in RC. Matt Allen in 2nd place was also driving a Serpent.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had an extraordinary amount of luck, but got my first ever win in RC. Matt Allen in 2nd place was also driving a Serpent.

AWESOME! CONGRATS on your podium finish guys! * Warning: these snakes may strike without warning Keep those wins coming boys.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Now I know why you called me back! Awesome job! Give me a call later tonight.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

ok on to the buggy.. car was very good out of the box.. car has great forward bit.. good acceleration.. good brakes... i did find with the setup i have in it the car over rotates... i did not change anything today while at the track.. i just wanted to get a good feel for it.. now i know what i want to change for my driving style... qualified 3rd finished 3rd... car was stable and did what i wanted for the most part.. i only have an hour on this car so far.. ran 6 sec. faster than with my other car for a qualifier.. with a really blown out track.. good things to come.. jeremy
Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Ran the serpent buggy last night at a night race. Man night races are perfect for the summer time. Serpent ran great all night long and a stiffer spring in the rear seemed to settle it down in the bumps. I lost a screw in the rear tower camber link with 3 mins left looks like a 3x18 or 3x20 screw will allow a locknut on the other side. Overall the car was great very controllable and looks good everywhere on the track. the more I drive it the more I like it. Can't wait for the truggy...
Old 07-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
Ran the serpent buggy last night at a night race. Man night races are perfect for the summer time. Serpent ran great all night long and a stiffer spring in the rear seemed to settle it down in the bumps. I lost a screw in the rear tower camber link with 3 mins left looks like a 3x18 or 3x20 screw will allow a locknut on the other side. Overall the car was great very controllable and looks good everywhere on the track. the more I drive it the more I like it. Can't wait for the truggy...
i have everthing captured buggy and truggy
Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are all the 811 kits that are available now the 'EVO' kits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.