Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIFEPO4 RX 6.4V BATTERY

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Angelo or RUUNE the packs that are in the US, are not the ones that fit the D8? And Angelo you said before that the 1400 mah"larger" packs will fit the d8 box but are a tight fit. Correct or not? I would rather lose 100mah and have the smaller pack but if the bigger 1 is the only 1 avail to me now I will take it. I know I can get 1 shipped from over seas but would rather not thats why I want to know which 1 ruune has.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Guys dont Stress

sorry ive been away for a while in china on business with henergy so i havent been around .

Dont worry about the voltage drop this happens even with lipo the drop for lipo goes from 8.4volt full charged to 7.4v nominal voltage but because its over the 6.6 volts range it requires a regulator .

The lifep04 fully charged is 7.4 volts and nominal voltage constant is 6.4volt .

The servo motors get damaged in time not the electronics as the elec's can take up to 9V.

so dont look into it so much with the 7.4v to 6.6 .

we have run 1 hour and above amains the voltage has gone from 6.6v to 6.1v so not much of a drop at all still keeping your high torque and speed of the servo

I hope this helps you guys out
Old 09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Guys dont Stress

sorry ive been away for a while in china on business with henergy so i havent been around .

Dont worry about the voltage drop this happens even with lipo the drop for lipo goes from 8.4volt full charged to 7.4v nominal voltage but because its over the 6.6 volts range it requires a regulator .

The lifep04 fully charged is 7.4 volts and nominal voltage constant is 6.4volt .

The servo motors get damaged in time not the electronics as the elec's can take up to 9V.

so dont look into it so much with the 7.4v to 6.6 .

we have run 1 hour and above amains the voltage has gone from 6.6v to 6.1v so not much of a drop at all still keeping your high torque and speed of the servo

I hope this helps you guys out

Thanks for the comment angelo - it is still somewhat unclear to me what the risk of toasting the servos is in the few minutes during which the LiFe voltage is above 6.5V-ish, ie the first few minutes of discharge. Is the solution to only partially charge the LiFe pack to 6.7/6.8V?

thanks!

I'm really interested in these as regulators are a pain to deal with (either interferences for switching ones or heat for linear ones) but I want to make sure what I'm getting into.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Thanks for the comment angelo - it is still somewhat unclear to me what the risk of toasting the servos is in the few minutes during which the LiFe voltage is above 6.5V-ish, ie the first few minutes of discharge. Is the solution to only partially charge the LiFe pack to 6.7/6.8V?

thanks!

I'm really interested in these as regulators are a pain to deal with (either interferences for switching ones or heat for linear ones) but I want to make sure what I'm getting into.

Thanks,

Paul
I will tell you again the risk is zero, the pack will drop to 6.6V when a load is applied... my plane servos I have run for years at regulated 6.6V... the servo's in my Showtime are over 5years old...

Sup Angelo, how was China!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Can someone please get back to me about purchasing 1 of these or my question.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Angelo,

I will receive my batts from Trey soon ...

Just a question, do the LiFEPO technology needs a cut-off "take care" or something ?, i mean, how low the voltage can go without screw the pack ?,

thanks !
Old 09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Angelo,

Just a question, do the LiFEPO technology needs a cut-off "take care" or something ?, i mean, how low the voltage can go without screw the pack ?,

thanks !
I'll get them out to you on Monday. Also you do not need a cutoff. You can run them down without fire hazard! I bought a pair of 2500mAh 2S LiFe hard packs (I think they're 25C), with the intent on testing them with starter boxes and for buggy/truggy use. Additionally, I'm tinkering with the idea of ordering some 5S LiFe packs in the 5000 to 6000mAh range for buggy/truggy racing, sans cutoff. The interesting thing is the LiFe cells tend to be smaller than the LiPO cells of similar capacity.
Regarding the D8... Unless you need the hump pack, I have what you need!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

I need the hump pack and prefer the 1300=smaller 1 over the 1400 for my D8. Anyone got the 1400 in the D8 without too much hassle? If the 1400 is all I can get but it still fits I will take it.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Angelo.....hit me up. You have my email, or PM me. Thanks, PINKY
Old 09-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Angelo,

thanks !
Hello Brother Pato

No need to worry about cut off voltage only lipo needs this lifepo4 does not as they use different materials even though they are from the same family of lithium ion techonology .
Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Angelo is there any of the smaller hump packs in the US now? If not can you direct me to 1, for the D8.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by malik
Angelo is there any of the smaller hump packs in the US now? If not can you direct me to 1, for the D8.
Smaller hump packs for now are only available from me and me only .

if you want one please email me at [email protected]
Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

guys remember this .

Lipo is 8.4volt fully charged but once a load is applied it drops to its nominal voltage 7.4 volt

Life po4 is 7.4volt fully charge and once a load is applied its drops to nominal voltage of 6.4 volts.

this applies to all battery types .

so dont look into it to deep .

I hope this will make you all understand .

regards Angelo
Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
guys remember this .

Lipo is 8.4volt fully charged but once a load is applied it drops to its nominal voltage 7.4 volt

Life po4 is 7.4volt fully charge and once a load is applied its drops to nominal voltage of 6.4 volts.

this applies to all battery types .

so dont look into it to deep .

I hope this will make you all understand .

regards Angelo
Angelo, did you realise this was your 666 post. Scary.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
Angelo, did you realise this was your 666 post. Scary.
No i didnt realise man .now its my 667 lucky you told me dude .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.