Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8IGHT 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

guys, couple of questions !

car kit fuel tank comes with original blue fuel tubing and there's a white one too.
When I should be replacing those tube, when i use the nipple kit, do i have to change the whole fuel line to white one's ? any differences between the white and blue one's

many told me the rear needs a lot of attention due to flex chassis.
what must i do ? what should i check ? how many gallons ? change the bearings ? change the rear bulkhead ?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Ummmm Page 158 of this thread has no links??
Right. RJ says, "link to page 158" not "link on page 158."

It's ok. I do stuff like that often.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

If anyone needs the nitro stuff from the car PM me. I just converted a brand new 2.0. body, fuel tank, linkage, clutch, etc...
Old 04-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I have run them this past weekend at 2 different tracks. The amount of mid-corner stability is amazing. No more checking up. It drives and rolls all the way around the corners. Another driver also picked a lot of overall speed with them. His and my race pace and fast laps are faster compared to races before at the same track.

Additionally we are running the bump steer up. Handles woops and bumps better. Another team driver there did not have the incline hubs/spindles and he had a harder time thru the woops comparably. He is generally a faster driver then I and I had come close to lapping him in a 20 minute main.
Were you running the 10 degree or the 12 degree carriers? I was running the 12 degree carriers and I feel I lost some initial turn it. 90 degree sweepers and on power turning was improved but on hairpin or 180 degree turns the car didn't come around as fast. When I switched to the new spindle and carrier I kept my toe out at 2 degrees. I ordered the 10 degree carriers so I'll see if that helps. Also it looks like from the setup sheets that the team drivers were using the 10 degree blocks on the EU car.

Last edited by slow; 04-27-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slow
Were you running the 10 degree or the 12 degree carriers? I was running the 12 degree carriers and I feel I lost some initial turn it. 90 degree sweepers and on power turning was improved but on hairpin or 180 degree turns the car didn't come around as fast. When I switched to the new spindle and carrier I kept my toe out at 2 degrees. I ordered the 10 degree carriers so I'll see if that helps. Also it looks like from the setup sheets that the team drivers were using the 10 degree blocks on the EU car.
All of us are running the 10 degree. That is odd though that you lost turn-in with the 12 degree. Usually more castor has the opposite effect then would have. But, that is what I always felt in TC on-road. Try the 10 degree blocks, they will definatly improve steering and also make sure you run the bump steer up.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
All of us are running the 10 degree. That is odd though that you lost turn-in with the 12 degree. Usually more castor has the opposite effect then would have. But, that is what I always felt in TC on-road. Try the 10 degree blocks, they will definatly improve steering and also make sure you run the bump steer up.
Ya, I wish they would have sold the spindle/carrier set with the 10 degree instead of the 12 degree carrier. But 12 degree makes sense for the fast and flowing Euro tracks. I thought less caster equals less on power and more off power while more caster equals more on power and less off power.

Do you think the increased weight of the aluminum spindle/carrier is more a of a factor in increasing on power steering than the 5 degree incline? I would think the Losi guys would be testing a plastic version versus the aluminum version.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slow
Ya, I wish they would have sold the spindle/carrier set with the 10 degree instead of the 12 degree carrier. But 12 degree makes sense for the fast and flowing Euro tracks. I thought less caster equals less on power and more off power while more caster equals more on power and less off power.

Do you think the increased weight of the aluminum spindle/carrier is more a of a factor in increasing on power steering than the 5 degree incline? I would think the Losi guys would be testing a plastic version versus the aluminum version.
Less castor will increase initial response, but the actual steering is less on corner entry in my experience.

The main thing the incline does is make the center of the corner more predictable(not want to rotate). Before the corner entry and exit may have been ok, but the center was skecthy. Now it is not. The car steers an even arc around the entire corner.

The wieght of the hubs is not the factor in the effects of the hubs, the incline is the complete factor. I have asked them about making a plastic version, depends on demand.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

I have also tried the standard bub/spindle back-to-back with the incline. A definate noticable difference. I couldn't put the incline back on the car fast enough.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

If I order the 10degree hubs LOSA1734 do i need to order spindles as well or will stock plastic ones work?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

cornerspeed - thanks.

KThatcher - you need to get the spindles too. The stock spindles won't work with the inclined carriers.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

cornerspeed- have you been running the 10 degree of 12 or both?

NVM, I need to real all the page before posting hehe
Old 04-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacerScott
cornerspeed- have you been running the 10 degree of 12 or both?

NVM, I need to real all the page before posting hehe
Just the 10 degree. The 12 degree is only for really fast Euro tracks.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

On my 2.0 and I have been having problems with clutch bell issues. I have the King Headz extended motor mount and if I set the mesh like I would normally do with the stock mount, or set it almost as tight as I would for my electrics, it always strips the clutch bell in a weird way. When I inspect my clutch bell before the main I noticed the contact patch of the spur seems to chip off the teeth in a way. Not completely stripped and barely noticeable without looking at it closely, but the clutch bell has about .1mm removed from the clutch bell, and when I move my finger across 1 of the teeth I could feel the different in height. This happens with both the Losi normal bells, Losi HD, and Robinson Racing clutch bells. I have about 6 of them like this.

I was told that since I am running the steel flywheel I have to use the included, larger flywheel collet. I used a new collet that came with the car with the steel flywheel so I was wondering if that would of been the problem. I have the collet on but wanted to know if anybody else had this problem before? It's hard to explain and I dont think anybody could notice a difference if I took a picture of it, but it does make the mesh considerably looser to the point where I wouldnt use the clutch bell. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default mesh

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
On my 2.0 and I have been having problems with clutch bell issues. I have the King Headz extended motor mount and if I set the mesh like I would normally do with the stock mount, or set it almost as tight as I would for my electrics, it always strips the clutch bell in a weird way. When I inspect my clutch bell before the main I noticed the contact patch of the spur seems to chip off the teeth in a way. Not completely stripped and barely noticeable without looking at it closely, but the clutch bell has about .1mm removed from the clutch bell, and when I move my finger across 1 of the teeth I could feel the different in height. This happens with both the Losi normal bells, Losi HD, and Robinson Racing clutch bells. I have about 6 of them like this.

I was told that since I am running the steel flywheel I have to use the included, larger flywheel collet. I used a new collet that came with the car with the steel flywheel so I was wondering if that would of been the problem. I have the collet on but wanted to know if anybody else had this problem before? It's hard to explain and I dont think anybody could notice a difference if I took a picture of it, but it does make the mesh considerably looser to the point where I wouldnt use the clutch bell. Thanks in advance.
does your spur gear have a bad tooth ,and is the spur gear running in the middle of the clutch bell or or on the edge
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamlosi906
does your spur gear have a bad tooth ,and is the spur gear running in the middle of the clutch bell or or on the edge
The spur gear is almost new, not even 2 gallons on it, and the entire car by the way. The spur looks fine and true. Everytime the the gear has full contact to the clutch bell, sometimes I put it on the inside, most in the middle, and some on the outside, same thing. Right now the spur is 1mm in from the outside of the clutch bell. The clutch bell was shimmed properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.