Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyota 2jz
hi all just got done putting my mp9 tki2 together.i have a couple of questions.the front hub carriers bind and do not feel free at all.also the steering feels the same way.i re adjusted the akerman plates to get them as free as possible but its not happening for some reason.

any input would be greatly appreciated!
Squeeze your plastic ball ends a little , guaranteee they are tight ;-
Old 11-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Guys, I'm looking at picking up a new TKI2 and was wondering if the forward battery mount is included in the kit or an option (*KYOIFW423*) ? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
Guys, I'm looking at picking up a new TKI2 and was wondering if the forward battery mount is included in the kit or an option (*KYOIFW423*) ? Thanks in advance.
Pretty sure you would have to buy that separately.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Off-Road-Buggy
Old 11-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hi guys ,,, i have the mp9 tki2 wc i got in march. my car has about maybe 6 races on it bec i live in jersey we didn't run much bec of the weather. i regreat spending 900 on this kit now. all 4 shock bodies the anodizing stuff is comming off . if u spend that much money on a kit stuff like that should neaver happen . Befor i got my mp9 i had a xray and a mugen truggy none of the shocks looked like that. But don't get me wrong the car is unbleavible over my 808 2010 spec buggy. i called kyosho america and sent them pictures of the shocks and they told me its the springs rubbing aganist the bodies. they wouldn't replace them so i now refuse to spend 830.00 on the kyosho st-rr evo witch has e-clips still on a kit for that much money. KYOSHO IS OVER PRICE ON WHAT U GET. THANKS ,,,BRIAN
Old 11-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yes kyosho is high thats what you pay for a true RACE CAR. But there anodizing blows big time for that kind of money i agree u need to make sure that stuff stays looking good.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRIAN77
hi guys ,,, i have the mp9 tki2 wc i got in march. my car has about maybe 6 races on it bec i live in jersey we didn't run much bec of the weather. i regreat spending 900 on this kit now. all 4 shock bodies the anodizing stuff is comming off . if u spend that much money on a kit stuff like that should neaver happen . Befor i got my mp9 i had a xray and a mugen truggy none of the shocks looked like that. But don't get me wrong the car is unbleavible over my 808 2010 spec buggy. i called kyosho america and sent them pictures of the shocks and they told me its the springs rubbing aganist the bodies. they wouldn't replace them so i now refuse to spend 830.00 on the kyosho st-rr evo witch has e-clips still on a kit for that much money. KYOSHO IS OVER PRICE ON WHAT U GET. THANKS ,,,BRIAN
I understand your frustration. A trick some guys do to keep the springs from rubbing on the bodies is to remove the color off the spring wire. Not sure on the procedure some use, but this makes the inside diameter of the spring slightly larger making it less likely for the springs to rub on the shock bodies. Also, I hear the anodizing is different on the replacement shock bodies (IF470/IF471) so that may be worth trying as well. I haven't yet but am going to try them soon.

For what it's worth, I disagree that Kyosho is overpriced for what you get. If you were to buy any other factory kit, you would need to spend at least what a Kyosho kit costs to get the same level of upgrades/hopups that are standard on a Kyosho. And you still wouldn't have a Kyosho . I agree, e-clips aren't my favorite either, but they do work, and if you didn't want them, you can get captured hinge pins for the truggy.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

and he win the race with TQ

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=11159
Old 11-14-2011, 04:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRIAN77
Your missing the point. The more anodizing that comes off, the lighter your car will be. Lighter=faster
Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Anodizing doesnt make the car any faster This car is amazing to drive. I've been a mugen guy for the last year and just switched to the K. I wish I had of dropped the $800 instead of hopping up all of the other cars I've owned since the release of the TKi2. Money well spent, with or without anodizing...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 AM
c2k
Tech Initiate

Hello Guys,

This is my first post and i would like to say that i just joined the K Army . I ran 2 races and i am completely satisfied and happy with the 800 USD i spent.

well enough with the PR mumble .

Do you guys think the front battery mount is a must ? i am having problems finding off power steering .

Cheers,

C2K
Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c2k

Do you guys think the front battery mount is a must ? i am having problems finding off power steering .

Cheers,

C2K
I always look at things like that as, the pros are doing it and they are doing it for a reason. and it's not to sell a $40 hopup, it's because it makes the car better.

Not sure what to say about the off power steering, this car has more steering than any car I've ever ran.

Maybe post what set-up you are running and what the track conditions and tires you are running.

I did have to change my driving style when I switched to the MP9. From my experience the car doesn't like it when you try to use brakes to turn the car. to me it feels way faster to brake earlier, roll through the corners and the MP9 seems to like small inputs of throttle from the center off, it just keeps on turning. My Losi would push to the pipes everytime, if I drove it like that.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Danny B
I always look at things like that as, the pros are doing it and they are doing it for a reason. and it's not to sell a $40 hopup, it's because it makes the car better.

Not sure what to say about the off power steering, this car has more steering than any car I've ever ran.

Maybe post what set-up you are running and what the track conditions and tires you are running.

I did have to change my driving style when I switched to the MP9. From my experience the car doesn't like it when you try to use brakes to turn the car. to me it feels way faster to brake earlier, roll through the corners and the MP9 seems to like small inputs of throttle from the center off, it just keeps on turning. My Losi would push to the pipes everytime, if I drove it like that.
+1

Defo agree with the driving style change, like you i feel letting it roll through the corners is better if i get on the gas the rear likes to step out its controllable but sliding isn't the fastest way around the track.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LOVE MY CAR

Ran the first round of the MidWest Nitro Winter series on Sun. and finished 2nd in the Pro Buggy A main after having to bump out of the B to get there This car is so responsive to 1mm adjustments that it makes it easy to follow the track as it changes throughout the day.
The K9 BCE chassis was just as good through the fast sweepers and tight corners as any thing on the track and had more traction than most.

As for what it cost,,,,,,,,, if you figure what you spend each weekend traveling around from state to state to race, wouldn't it be wise to at least have the best car for the job I'm just sayin, if i'm going to a gun fight you wont see me show up with a sling shot My 2 cents.

THE 9 MILITIA making its mark in the midwest. LOL

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Inferno MP9 thread-rnd-1-mwns.jpg  

Last edited by shinnbad12; 11-14-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

When you buy the MP9, you're not paying for the anodizing, you're paying for the Japanese 7075 aluminum underneath if you want quality coating on the shocks, send them here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ZIG-Ra...67376676609442 If you order the shock bodies separate they come with a plain coating. I personally like the plain coating shocks myself.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I understand your frustration. A trick some guys do to keep the springs from rubbing on the bodies is to remove the color off the spring wire. Not sure on the procedure some use, but this makes the inside diameter of the spring slightly larger making it less likely for the springs to rub on the shock bodies.
Actually, removing the paint from the springs has nothing to do with enlarging the diameter or making the springs rub on the shock bodies less. Tebo himself has mentioned that removing the paint from the springs makes them work more efficiently/more free.

But for someone to be able to feel that sort of difference/setup change, I'm guessing only the absolute best-of-the-best or world champion level drivers would even be able to feel something like that. As an example, most normal/mere mortal drivers would likely have more o-ring induced stiction in their shocks than they would from the paint being on the springs.

If I'm wrong let me know, but that's what I've read in interviews with Tebo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.