Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I'm not really sure what your point is since you've admitted not seeing or running one........ to make assumptions and judgments doesnt make any sense to me. And to compare the SX8 to the swift is like comparing your 8ight to a mini T........ 2 totally different vehicles

95% of everything on the market right now is made in either china or taiwan..... and like Angelo mentioned its up to the factory, dollars invested, experience etc that determines the final product. Pretty simple

Our relationship with the factory is solid...... we have a TOP notch car at a price noone else with comparable quality will ever approach. period
Old 07-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcejk
Congrats Tony! Seams like the base setup is truly the all around set up for the buggy?! What panther tires seams to be working the best for you?
Seems right now the Boas and Raptors have just about every condition covered in either soft or medium soft...... +molded foams
Old 07-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My car handles like a dream, is bombproof, no problem with support.Quality is on par with xray imo. It will take a lot more then the ignorant to make me switch brands.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rctech2008
Angelo,

Have I ever said "Nanda" makes poor quality products?

Chill out!

If stuff are not made in China, I guess we cannot afford nothing now..

You visited Nanda, good deal, its a very unique experinence to visit someone else's company!! They usually do not show their production environment to the others. But looks like you are having some busines, such as an importer etc...Look at this thread in this forums, I do not see many outsiders, usually messages are posted by the same group of people.

See how many people will buy one! Once again, if you see OEM products, like they can sell it under different brands?? Hum..I may stay away. Even thunder tiger EB4, Cen matrix, all these are good buggies, but hardly earn popularity here in USA! I think this hobby can definitely win sales by popularity. I have 8ight, and yes I have problems with them too. If you would like to support Nanda, try to convince people buying one from different perspectives.

Do you see MBX5 is being sold under company XYZ?

Do you see 8ight is being sold under company YJK?

I am not saying TQ is not a good buggy, Nanda did a good job to earn the contract to make this buggy with TQ company!

Every buggy will have their weakness areas, but it dont mean they are no good. Weather to determine this is a good buggy or not, it's so subjective. But, i would say 80% driver, 20% buggy!

If I post my points in Ofna or Losi website, I will earn more haters! But, I am NOT trying to start a flame or hating TQ!!!!!

I do not hate TQ, as a matter of fact that I am using TQ fuel myself. I am very netural with TQ buggy as I have not yet touched and run it yet. But, I feel I want to say something about this new TQ buggy. I could be totally wrong, but hey that's the purpose for setting up forums/threads to talk about stuff. But, a few months down the road, we will see if the new TQ buggy will hook up some 8ight, RC8, mugen drives...Happy rcing

Dear friend

im not having go at you im only telling you the facts so you can understand thats all .

we are all friends here and your included as one of my friends ok .

so anything you need to know please ask

with maximum respect Angelo
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Great weekend

The SX8 did a great job at Wolcott Hobbies again with Mark Christman winning the Amain in 1/8 scale pro,This was Marks second win at a good sized event.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Some pics from Wolcott this past Sun...

Old 07-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys there is a thread on RCuniverse.com in the buggies section of a guy asking about the SX8. I really do not know anything but thought you guys could help. Another guy said he knew someone who got sponsored and it broke over and over again and gave it back in one weekend. It is always a friend of a friend of a friend who says stuff like that and knows nothing about what broke either. This seems like a very nice well built buggy to me and might be picking a couple up to sell on my site and try out. Later.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Hey guys there is a thread on RCuniverse.com in the buggies section of a guy asking about the SX8. I really do not know anything but thought you guys could help. Another guy said he knew someone who got sponsored and it broke over and over again and gave it back in one weekend. It is always a friend of a friend of a friend who says stuff like that and knows nothing about what broke either. This seems like a very nice well built buggy to me and might be picking a couple up to sell on my site and try out. Later.
There were a couple of clowns in ontario canada that had the earlier version of the car last december who broke a bumper which left the lower hinge pin exposed, which led to the pin coming out and breaking an arm. They decided right there to dump the car deeming it "unreliable". Not sure if thats the incident your reffering to.
The car hasnt changed a whole lot since then but runs extremly well in the hands of people with a clue. The big bore shocks and new chassis made the car even better.
Try one out, you wont be disappointed.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Sx8

Well I am sure there will always be some racers that are not happy with something about all cars.

I have been racing 1/8 scale for 5 years and have worked with many cars,I will also say noun are perfect.

The SX8 is our car and we feel very comfortable that the factory we are working with has proven that they have the ability to build and desighn a product that will stand beside any thing on the market today.

Gm makes many brands of cars all controlled by price,if you bought a Saturn you wouldnt think that the same company also produces Cadillac right.The old saying will never change you get what you pay for.We felt it was time to give the racers race quality at the working mans price.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Sorry one more thing

We at TQ Racing are committed to our customers and our products we are here to stay.We will do what it takes to support our customers on all levels.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

Well after a very long week of waiting, i finally got my new SX8 buggy today and all i can say is WOW! i opened it up and first flipped through the manual and everything is very neat and well organized! They put everything in the manual and more! i started to build up today be for work and everything goes together very smoothly.

A huge plus that was added in the box, they added the new BB shocks and i also received the stock shocks as well! as i started to finish the rear end i came upon new hinge pins! No more E-clips! Very impressed! I will post up more info and pics later tonight!

Ethan
Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does this SX8 buggy come pre-assembled like the Caster and OCM or is it a complete kit in pieces that has to be built?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The buggies come as a complete kit that needs to be built, atleast this way you can build it right from the beginning.. its one build that you will enjoy
Old 07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Kit, thank you Binky/Tony/TQ
I've got mine almost complete. Still gotta build up the front shocks and set droop, etc....install the fuel tank n hopefully get some track time tomorrow...trophy race on Sunday
Old 07-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Kit, thank you Binky/Tony/TQ
I've got mine almost complete. Still gotta build up the front shocks and set droop, etc....install the fuel tank n hopefully get some track time tomorrow...trophy race on Sunday
Good luck at the trophy race! let us know how it goes! i am hoping to get some track time with it on Saturday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.