Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill marchant
off the topic....mugen hex hardware is metric or standard? losi is standard I need to know if I have to look for a hex tool set
Mugen is metric
Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by morgoth
The mugen is metric.

Indeed. If you run a 8.25 front (softest silver spring) than you want a 8.5 in the rear.
8.5 front and 8.75 rear are just just announced but I don't know when they'll be in the shop. Until now, 8.25f and 8.5r are the softest springs available.
thanks Morgoth, so if I get the me some 8.5 F/ R and a set of 8.75 R i should have enough setup room
on my xray i just went one harder in front and my car was nice on most of our tracks
Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
thanks Morgoth, so if I get the me some 8.5 F/ R and a set of 8.75 R i should have enough setup room
on my xray i just went one harder in front and my car was nice on most of our tracks
Yep indeed. Most shops have the new springs already, except amain hobbies. I don't know if I'll buy them. Our cup has only 1 dirt track and it's medium traction but bumpy in some spots. The other tracks are astroturf. But they might come in handy when the track is wet.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All you guys who ordered the BCE 3mm will love them, it will give you back ever thing you lost with the 5mm but still good in the rough. Along with the truggy tower,front batt and rear Kyosho springs the car is very good. Here is our setup again with the chassis,tower etc .. Donnie

Old 01-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys I am running the 6r and I need to settle the rear down just a little bit. On acceleration it can be just a little loose and squirley. This is the setup I have in it now just stock:

http://mugenseiki.com/images/mbx6r/s..._us1103kit.pdf

I do plan on getting the BCE x3 chassis soon, but for this weekend what would be the best fox with this +5 stock chassis?
Adding to what the others have said you can also lower your camber link in the rear tower and lower the rear shock one hole on the tower also something we did with the 5mm to help is to raise the ft end higher then the rear. It's an easy try and it seemed to plant the rear more and still keep your steering. But the only way to fix it all is to shorten the chassis.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by donrod
Adding to what the others have said you can also lower your camber link in the rear tower and lower the rear shock one hole on the tower also something we did with the 5mm to help is to raise the ft end higher then the rear. It's an easy try and it seemed to plant the rear more and still keep your steering. But the only way to fix it all is to shorten the chassis.
Donrod, I'm wondering what's the difference is between the 5mm with medium wheelbase in the rear and 3mm chassis with the long wheelbase. The wheelbase should be same, just rear sticking out 2mm more with the 5mm chassis.
I'd really like to do some back to back testing in the morning on an astroturf circuit when it's still a little damp with BCE x3 and the stock +5mm chassis. Unfortunately my wallet is too small to buy a new chassis just for testing
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by morgoth
Donrod, I'm wondering what's the difference is between the 5mm with medium wheelbase in the rear and 3mm chassis with the long wheelbase. The wheelbase should be same, just rear sticking out 2mm more with the 5mm chassis.
I'd really like to do some back to back testing in the morning on an astroturf circuit when it's still a little damp with BCE x3 and the stock +5mm chassis. Unfortunately my wallet is too small to buy a new chassis just for testing
Yes wheel base would be the same but on the 5mm all your rear diff housing etc is bolted 2 mm further back on the chassis, which changes your weight transfer. If you didn't live out of country you could drive ours.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Yes wheel base would be the same but on the 5mm all your rear diff housing etc is bolted 2 mm further back on the chassis, which changes your weight transfer. If you didn't live out of country you could drive ours.
That's very kind of you Too bad Europe is that far away.
Yea, I know. 2mm isn't a lot, but I have no clue how that would translate into car handling.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

would be great to buy a MBX6 off u direct with yr BCE setup.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Tips for Forward Traction (acceleration out of the corners)

less rear antisquat (change the pill on the front arm mount in the rear end)
Stand the rear shocks out one hole on the tower
Try going up 1000wt in the rear diff
Check rear ride hight 28-30mm
Less front Caster
Shorter Wheel Base

Those adjustments are usually what I will look to do for forward traction.

Brand new cars usually take a while to break in and gain traction especially buggies with CVD's. Be aware that if you put brand new CVD's in the rear, expect a loss of traction till they break in a little.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Rear Axles are a big deal in regards to rear traction, mainly how they bind or cause friction in thier joints.

More bind more traction (sometimes worse in the bumps however)
Rear axle angles, axle plunge in the outdrives, wear, style of axle (CVD,Universals, dogbones) bind differently. Worn out outdrives will bind more, however replace outdrives asap if they get a groove where the pin makes contact. Axle pin size plays a part too (smaller axle pin is more bind, faster wear)

Axles that sweep forward will have more bind than if the axle were to be inline with the out drives. Alot of cars now are desighned with axles that sweep forward.

Axle plunge in the outdrive (the movement of the ball and pin in the outdrive). Moving the rear hub up and down with the two hingepin holes changes axle plunge (generally the higher the axle is on the outside of the car will have less plunge). Rear roll center, camber link positions, diff hight all play a part. When I raced a lot of 1/10 gas truck we would raise the whole diff case off the chassis 1-2mm to get more plunge for more forward traction.

You dont want to bind the rear too much, you'll loose rotation in the corners and handling in some bumps, the rear will squat less on throttle and feel stiffer around the track.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Welcome back, Chad.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey Mugen Guys Great to see "The Don" on again
Thank you Donnie for spending time/Set Up with the M guys++ we have
A Buzz with the X3 Pro chassis, there should be quite
a bit of feed back from the new racers who are excited
with all of the Great Info..Keep us posted

Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up BCE X3 is soooooo Dialed....

The BCE X3 is going ultra H.A.M. on the track. Keep up the great work BCE...
Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

[QUOTE=donrod;10126757]All you guys who ordered the BCE 3mm will love them, it will give you back ever thing you lost with the 5mm but still good in the rough. Along with the truggy tower,front batt and rear Kyosho springs the car is very good. Here is our setup again with the chassis,tower etc .. Donnie

Donnie, would you mind sharing the part number for the long front and rear brace that you use in this setup? Or does this mean use the truggy brace? Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.