Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
thanks, i guess that settles it then now i need to see where i can get hold off one of those new ninjas, the B02 right?
Yea the new ninja or the xz speed or the old ninja or a wcII vzb speed are all good choices... I love os based motors... The purrrrr like a kitten and rev to the moon...
Old 12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Now that' s a track, digging the layout.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

yea it is a very fun track to drive on, gives a great sense of reward when you get a clean lap and get all the fiddly bits just right, but man is it a car breaker if you get it wrong the green in the background is a golf course LOL, can imagine how much the golfers dread that hole due to noise etc...the track runs counter clockwise, left to right when looking at the main straight. one guy got that huge double at the back coming out of turn one wrong once and ended up on the other side of the fence LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
am
Tech Master

Some of our tracks are not so big as yours, but the three guys here that bought a .19 have sold them...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nice Track

I love the look af that track, where is it exactly?.. id like to google earth it

Ive never had a problem with my tune of flame outs when on my lid with the standard tank.. What exactly are the problems you feel you get by not having the clunk?

Dave
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

im from South Africa though but yes, i think we are lucky, we have some nice tracks here...the weather helps and there is not exactly a shortage of space in most places on the plus side, the track is just a hop,skip and jump from the airport so you could just catch a plane for the weekend and come try it out

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 12-11-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

im from South Africa though but yes, i think we are lucky, we have some nice tracks here...the weather helps and there is not exactly a shortage of space in most places on the plus side, the track is just a hop,skip and jump from the airport so you could just catch a plane for the weekend and come try it out
I read your signature I found that after running the 2011 808 for most of the year I jumped ship for the mbx6, for me it steers and corners faster and i am alot more comfortable on jumps as with the xray I always went nose up bum down and hard on the brakes at the last minute I run the 6t rear tower and mp9 rear springs and the forward battery tray and after a good run today it was just awesome it felt faster and was way stable very few crashes
cheers
Old 12-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i recently switched over from a normal 3 shoe setup to the accendancy/werks 4 shoe systems on my xray. ill probably never go back to the 3 shoe setups again the shoes and springs are almsot TOO easy to swop and change around, all achievable without any screwdrivers, fiddly maneuvers, bloody finger nails etc the only thing, and that is because i dont have a clutch tool for a 4 shoe flywheel atm, is tightening the clutch nut again...but i just do in like i used to before a had a tool for my 3 shoe setup....grab the flywheel with a monkey wrench through some cloth, and tighten like usual you get tools for them too though. but yes, clutch setup, trying different things has never been easier for me.....ascendancy didnt lie when they decided to call thier version the "effortless 4 shoe clutch system''

hope this helps
It doesn't look like you have a Mugen yet but maybe someone else knows.....there are 3 different flywheel options, which one is like the stock Mugen? I would assume the medium one???

Accendancy makes a tool that supposedly makes it even easier to install, is it worth the $20?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Another questions.....will the Accendancy/Werks work with the Mugen clutch bells?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Diff Balls
It doesn't look like you have a Mugen yet but maybe someone else knows.....there are 3 different flywheel options, which one is like the stock Mugen? I would assume the medium one???

Accendancy makes a tool that supposedly makes it even easier to install, is it worth the $20?
I tried all three of them on my o.s xz and my experience goes against what is usually said about flywheel weights...
the steel ascendancy flywheel made my rear end break loose when trying to get on the gas, the medium made the initial hit softer(better) and now i run the light one exclusively it just makes the initial hit a bit smoother in my opinion. I run on a dusty sandy track that takes a really long time to groove so we spend most of the day in really loose conditions.

the tool is not needed i use a small crescent wrench to lock the springs back in, can't see how it could be much easier.

Another questions.....will the Accendancy/Werks work with the Mugen clutch bells?
They work with the old mbx5 clutch bell, the mbx6 bells don't fit. get the ascendancy bells they're cheap and last a while.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The tool isn't needed but sure makes it easy! Yes the stock Mugen bell with work with Accendancy/Werks.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pin2Win
The tool isn't needed but sure makes it easy! Yes the stock Mugen bell with work with Accendancy/Werks.
no, it doesn't...
at least not the mbx6 bell.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameholic2
no, it doesn't...
at least not the mbx6 bell.
I ran a werks clutch with mugen bell the last half of the season.......
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

The ascendancy clutch does not work with the Mugen bell. It's too long.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Ascendancy clutch is wack I've ran it for a whole season and it's junk... The pins they use on the ascendancy are too soft and the cage that holds the clutch shoes down tends to crack... The werks clutch is sad to say an almost exact copy of the ascendancy... So both are garbage in my opinion... The quick m2c adjustable clutch system is the best clutch on the market by far and it is the most adjustable... You can go from the lightest flywheel on the market to the heaviest flywheel in minutes... Adjust to your conditions.... Do yourself a favor and don't buy the ascendancy or werks clutch system....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.