Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wfoparts
I have run hotbodies for 2 years now ....what can i expect from the MBX6 buggy in terms of durability? I am seriously looking to try mugen now
The MBX6 is more durable and has better wear with less hop ups needed.
The MBX6 is much lighter and it feels like it when driving. The MBX6 is better on a rough track. The D8 is just as fast on a smooth track.
The D8 is a great car, the Hara made it better. HPI/Hot Bodies customer support is fantastic.
For me, I am happy with the Mugen and I wont look back. When I am "on" with the Mugen it drives like magic. My 2 year old Mugen is tighter then a new D8. It is just better quality. My repair and replacement costs are ALOT less now.
Both great cars. Both fast. Both have their place.
E
Old 10-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
I have found this site to of great help.

http://racemugen.com/

I have a question about the Mspec setup. I have a new to me MBX6 mspec. So I have been going through the Mspec setup sheet posted on the racemugen site and returning my buggy to its original setup. I remember reading that the Mspec setup was a very good starting point. But when I compare the Mspec setup to my new Eco the setups look very different. Suspension Bushing settings and rear blocks etc, I figured the Eco would have a very similar setup to the Mspec.
Am I using the incorrect sheet?
http://www.racemugen.com/mbx6-setupsheet-e0801kit.pdf

I have also noticed that many top drivers, mostly noticed this on Taylors car, that the shocks are laid right in on the tower on both the front and back ends. Is this a preferred setup?

Does anyone have a link to a Taylor Petersen setup?
that isnt the correct M-spec, the correct m-spec one has 7k in the center. here is the correct m-spec: http://www.mugenseiki.com/images/mbx...t-e0901kit.pdf
Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Damn, now I have to pull the whole car apart and start again.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Outtafocus, just a quick question, what is your track like?
Eg; smooth/bumpy, open/compact, etc. I have a particular setup which ive made minor changes to over the past month or so, and i feel i have the car at a fantastic level at the local track.

Thought I would attatch my setup, just out of curiousity if anyone wants to take a look

Oh and here is the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf7fslDMDBw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mT0T...eature=related
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mbx6 Jap Spec - Blakeys.pdf (375.6 KB, 240 views)
Old 10-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

any good setup for a flat hard packed, dusty track?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

My track track is normally dusty and bumpy, with medium traction.

I wont be racing my home track now till next spring, but I will be at the Mapston race in Spokane in a few weeks. Normally its pretty smooth from what I remember.

I will probably leave my diffs at 5-5-2 and adjust at the track .
Old 10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hard packed tracks, just lower your ride height, minimise droop and maybe stiffen/soften oils depending on the level of traction, thats what IVE found all i have to do to my default setup mentioned earlier...
Old 10-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default diffs?

i just saw that mugen is putting out diff oils as high as 300000 and was wondering in what conditions would you need that high of weight?

thanks
john
Old 10-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JHN1
i just saw that mugen is putting out diff oils as high as 300000 and was wondering in what conditions would you need that high of weight?

thanks
john
U dont use them for the buggy. They manufacture oils not for just their products.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
I have found this site to of great help.

http://racemugen.com/

I have a question about the Mspec setup. I have a new to me MBX6 mspec. So I have been going through the Mspec setup sheet posted on the racemugen site and returning my buggy to its original setup. I remember reading that the Mspec setup was a very good starting point. But when I compare the Mspec setup to my new Eco the setups look very different. Suspension Bushing settings and rear blocks etc, I figured the Eco would have a very similar setup to the Mspec.
Am I using the incorrect sheet?
http://www.racemugen.com/mbx6-setupsheet-e0801kit.pdf

I have also noticed that many top drivers, mostly noticed this on Taylors car, that the shocks are laid right in on the tower on both the front and back ends. Is this a preferred setup?

Does anyone have a link to a Taylor Petersen setup?

Glad you are finding our site of use!
MSpec setup link is correct now http://www.racemugen.com/mbx6Mspec.pdf
Old 10-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bullit S
any good setup for a flat hard packed, dusty track?

Thanks
I have ran this setup at 7 different tracks with all different surfaces and dirt. It has been VERY good on all types of conditions, the only thing i will do is if the track is VERY slick i will go down to 7 in the center or even 5 if the main is only 20 min long. If the main is over 20 min i will never run less than 7 in the center because of heat and the fade that happens to the center diff.
Hope this helps,

Scott
ps: this is with the BCE X3 chassis but it works well with the shorter chassis as well untill you get the BCE
Attached Files
X3 setup.pdf (316.1 KB, 291 views)
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think I might try that set up I am looking for something new. What are the benefits of getting a BCE chassis. They dont seem much different than the stock one. Does anyone know the mugen conversion for shock oils. I cant see myself paying two times more for basically the same fluid.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seabass34
I think I might try that set up I am looking for something new. What are the benefits of getting a BCE chassis. They dont seem much different than the stock one. Does anyone know the mugen conversion for shock oils. I cant see myself paying two times more for basically the same fluid.
The BCE chassis gives you a more dirrect feel of what the car is doing, also it being solid billit the wear is much better. The X3 is aprox. 3mm longer than stock wich gives it more steering and will free the car up allowing it to rotate mid corner.Most people that have drivin the X3 have claimed that it gives you better traction off the corner as well as calms the car down in the rough.
"dont seem much different than stock" ?? VERY different than stock and cheaper! at bcespeed.com

Here is a oil conversion chart so you can use Losi fluids

Scott
Attached Files
Shock_Oil[1].pdf (13.1 KB, 208 views)
Old 10-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
The BCE chassis gives you a more dirrect feel of what the car is doing, also it being solid billit the wear is much better. The X3 is aprox. 3mm longer than stock wich gives it more steering and will free the car up allowing it to rotate mid corner.Most people that have drivin the X3 have claimed that it gives you better traction off the corner as well as calms the car down in the rough.
"dont seem much different than stock" ?? VERY different than stock and cheaper! at bcespeed.com

Here is a oil conversion chart so you can use Losi fluids

Scott
and BCE chassis's are stiffer making the buggy more responsive.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default Clutch Shoes

Anybody tried these? Found them on e-bay and the price is right. Can't decide between the 7075 or 6061's?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUGEN-MBX5-M...item2567a9de6c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUGEN-MBX5-M...item25682181c0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.