Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sprikler
I don't know what you guys are doing to your batteries....but I have had a lipo in my truggy for a couple years now and I do not uplug it ever and I have not had that problem. Having it plugged in does not do anyting. You have some sort of other problem going on. Bad switch, power drain or something.

As above, but mine is the LRP LiFe. I left it plugged in for around 3 months in my truggy over winter as i was using my buggy. I run it 3 weeks ago in our first national of the year and it was fine.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you are using a lipo regulator it can put a small drain on the battery if you leave it plugged in. However, if you simply putt the regulator between the switch and the Rx instead of between the lipo and the switch there will be no problem. If the switch is in between the lipo and the regulator the it will disconnect it as well.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket
That setup is for Revelation, very low traction!

Low traction = lower diffs

Actually that was his Silver State setup, very blown out track.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

leaving a lipo will drain if plugged in...I ruined a brand new life pack that way..Life pack need to be broken in..just because your battery was fine after leaving it plugged in doesnt mean that they wont fail...i want a nimh for a back up
Old 05-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Every single thing that is pluged in draws resistance. Everything, if you unplugged every thing in your house when you were not using it your electric bil would go down. Alot of houses have switches for receptacles, mainly other countries. As far as lipo and leaving it in, never had a problem.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Not true. If a battery is pluged into an open circuit (mechanical contact switch in "off") then it doesn't drain any faster than if it's not plugged into anything. There is nowhere for the power to go if it can't travel from positive to negative in the battery.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I don't know about DC but With AC power everything plugged in draws resistance, the wire itself and everything that is plugged in. With AC you have neutral that completes the circuit back to the main breaker or switch gear. But maybe that is not the case with dc.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dreaux
Well I don't know about DC but With AC power everything plugged in draws resistance, the wire itself and everything that is plugged in. With AC you have neutral that completes the circuit back to the main breaker or switch gear. But maybe that is not the case with dc.
Definitely not the case with DC. If electrons can't travel from one pole of the battery to the other (physically open circuit) then it doesn't matter what it's connected to. I believe it's the same with AC, it's just that most everything you plug in @ home (TV's, DVD players) have some amount of parasidic power usage for their internal needs like clocks, memory, remot control sensors, etc. Otherwise, wall switches would have no effect. Open circuit=no current.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

I thought I saw Travis set up here but now I cant find it anywhere can someone direct me to the right direction and yes I did use the search button
Old 05-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JHN1
I thought I saw Travis set up here but now I cant find it anywhere can someone direct me to the right direction and yes I did use the search button
http://www.liverc.com/news/announcem..._Setup_Sheets/
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default AMAINHOBBIES SCREWED UP MY ORDER

HI Guys,

Today, which suppose to be the happiest day of my life was wrecked by amain.

I ordered a MBX6, M-Spec which comes along with the Upgrade sticker, tyres and wheels.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tires-Stickers

However when I open the box, I was shocked to find out there's no upgrade sticker, no wheels no tyres!

I am very disappointed with Amainhobbies as I didnt expect this to happen. I just email them but I doubt they will reply my email, because they NEVER DID when emailed them previously.

Hence, I resort to file a dispute with PayPal. Amainhobbies Staff, if you're reading this, please contact me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

My order number #756830.

SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just give them a call to the 1-800 number on their site. Their customer service is excellent. I call them for returns and it's all dealt with within minutes. They even sent me free missing parts from my JQ kit when it first came out. So try to calling them, instead of emailing- you'll get a faster response.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by hyder
HI Guys,

Today, which suppose to be the happiest day of my life was wrecked by amain.

I ordered a MBX6, M-Spec which comes along with the Upgrade sticker, tyres and wheels.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tires-Stickers

However when I open the box, I was shocked to find out there's no upgrade sticker, no wheels no tyres!

I am very disappointed with Amainhobbies as I didnt expect this to happen. I just email them but I doubt they will reply my email, because they NEVER DID when emailed them previously.

Hence, I resort to file a dispute with PayPal. Amainhobbies Staff, if you're reading this, please contact me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

My order number #756830.

SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.
Chillllllllllllllllll out man they will take care of you!! Im sure there is a more effective thread to post this in as well maybe amain has there own thread.

And I hope you wernt serious about the happiest day of your life thing and then was wrecked by amain?? Thats sad I almost cried for you!! The MBX6 is great but gees man get a chick or something!!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Chillllllllllllllllll out man they will take care of you!! Im sure there is a more effective thread to post this in as well maybe amain has there own thread.

And I hope you wernt serious about the happiest day of your life thing and then was wrecked by amain?? Thats sad I almost cried for you!! The MBX6 is great but gees man get a chick or something!!
Well u know im exaggerating, but im trying to bring up a point here. Anyway they have a thread here? Where at?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by STi oWn$ Jo0
Just give them a call to the 1-800 number on their site. Their customer service is excellent. I call them for returns and it's all dealt with within minutes. They even sent me free missing parts from my JQ kit when it first came out. So try to calling them, instead of emailing- you'll get a faster response.
Will do it on Monday. cos it's already night time in US right? It saturday here. Doubt they will answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.