Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MBXSIXXX
do you have to change the rod and bearings in the ninja jx.21 after break in?
no
Old 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I just picked up myself a new (to me) MBX6. What is a good base setup as far as diffs and shocks (shock oil in Losi weights)? Also, are there any upgrades I should get right away? Spares? Thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys. What is the sequence for removing the front diff the fastest for servicing?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
I just picked up myself a new (to me) MBX6. What is a good base setup as far as diffs and shocks (shock oil in Losi weights)? Also, are there any upgrades I should get right away? Spares? Thanks
The mspec set up is a really good starting point so that you see what you want to change.

Grab These if you can

King Headz extended ez change motor mount
Aluminum front upper brace
Front and Rear lower a arms
Truggy droop stop screws
Mobil 1 synthetic grease for the diffs
Tony screw o rings for the diffs

With these you should be good for awhile
Old 06-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Hey guys. What is the sequence for removing the front diff the fastest for servicing?

Thanks
This I can do with my eyes closed as I've tried so many diff combinations

1- unscrew swaybar grub screws
2- unscrew bottom shock mount screw
3- unscrew both chassis front diff case mount M4 screws - pull bumper
4- unscrew both M3 upper diff case screws
5- unscrew both M4 hinge pin nuts (then it depends if you have them at the front or the rear. Easier if in front but eats up bumpskids. Stock bumper survives fine tho).
6- unscrew both M3*30 (the long ones with the washers) screws
7- pull front brace - don't lose wheelbase clips
8- pull diff case
9- pull diff out of car

To reassemble, do it the other way around. good luck putting the M4 screws back on if you have them at the rear

Paul
Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Mspec setup is nice for the diffs. For the shocks I fealt they stock oil was too stiff for my liking so i dropped it to (30-25 Trinity oil) . Only thing is the king headz extended motor mount. Thats it, the rest of the stuff is just bling.

Originally Posted by dishsoap

Thanks
Originally Posted by Lonestar
This I can do with my eyes closed as I've tried so many diff combinations

1- unscrew swaybar grub screws
2- unscrew bottom shock mount screw
3- unscrew both chassis front diff case mount M4 screws - pull bumper
4- unscrew both M3 upper diff case screws
5- unscrew both M4 hinge pin nuts (then it depends if you have them at the front or the rear. Easier if in front but eats up bumpskids. Stock bumper survives fine tho).
6- unscrew both M3*30 (the long ones with the washers) screws
7- pull front brace - don't lose wheelbase clips
8- pull diff case
9- pull diff out of car

To reassemble, do it the other way around. good luck putting the M4 screws back on if you have them at the rear

Paul
What he said. But have my m4 towards the back and have no issues getting them back on. But im cool like that. LOL
Old 06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
What he said. But have my m4 towards the back and have no issues getting them back on. But im cool like that. LOL
can you share your technique not to go through the whole collection of available cusswords in the couple of minutes it takes to put each M4 nut back on? Maybe there's some kind of a solution I haven't thought about yet.

I try to pre-position the nuts with tweezers (usually takes 3/4 attemps and the nut falls on the floor somwhere) then I push towards the block with a screwdriver of some kind, at the same time I screw the hinge pin on hoping they're facing each other and I'll be able to get the first couple of threads in (again, 3/4 attempts with the nut sliding all over the chassis and getting stuck in remote locations). Once it's started screwing in (finall), I hold the nut with flat pliers, which forces me to bend the side protection outwards like crazy and of course it damages the nut shape... In the end it takes me a couple of minutes of frustration per side every time and the nuttier I get the longer it takes me. Can you suggest a better method? Thank god in the back I have the M2C setup otherwise I'd probably start throwing my car at the wall

thanks

PAul
Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
can you share your technique not to go through the whole collection of available cusswords in the couple of minutes it takes to put each M4 nut back on? Maybe there's some kind of a solution I haven't thought about yet.

I try to pre-position the nuts with tweezers (usually takes 3/4 attemps and the nut falls on the floor somwhere) then I push towards the block with a screwdriver of some kind, at the same time I screw the hinge pin on hoping they're facing each other and I'll be able to get the first couple of threads in (again, 3/4 attempts with the nut sliding all over the chassis and getting stuck in remote locations). Once it's started screwing in (finall), I hold the nut with flat pliers, which forces me to bend the side protection outwards like crazy and of course it damages the nut shape... In the end it takes me a couple of minutes of frustration per side every time and the nuttier I get the longer it takes me. Can you suggest a better method? Thank god in the back I have the M2C setup otherwise I'd probably start throwing my car at the wall

thanks

PAul
Reversing it for sure makes life a lot easier. I have a set of bent forcepts. Still not easy, but i got it down. In the rear there is more room to work with, esspecialy on the truggy.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Got it, MSpec setup, kh motor mount. Does anybody know what weight mugen shock oil corresponds with losi shock oil? I have a boatload of losi oil, and it would eb wasteful to go buy mugen if I already ahve the same oil.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Got it, MSpec setup, kh motor mount. Does anybody know what weight mugen shock oil corresponds with losi shock oil? I have a boatload of losi oil, and it would eb wasteful to go buy mugen if I already ahve the same oil.

25wt= 300
27.5wt= 350
30wt= 375ish
32.5wt= 400
35wt= 450
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

I have plent of 32.5. I may start out with that.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default M2C

They make the M2C stuff for the front of the car too. PROBLEM SOLVED.
I run the M2C all the way around and the M2C 4 shoe clutch. Couldn't be happier.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

well I finally got the car put together. Had a little hard time with the throttle and brake linkage. But got it figured out. Also set my travel points and for steering I am down to about 65 % for throttle and brake about 55-60% strange. Anyways here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX6-dsc02239.jpg   Mugen MBX6-dsc02241.jpg   Mugen MBX6-dsc02247.jpg   Mugen MBX6-dsc02248.jpg  
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default nice

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
well I finally got the car put together. Had a little hard time with the throttle and brake linkage. But got it figured out. Also set my travel points and for steering I am down to about 65 % for throttle and brake about 55-60% strange. Anyways here are some pics.
nice mate, make u use washers on the front screws from the front tower to diff to spread the weight.

it will crack around there. most run the alum tower.
I think this is one area of weakness in the mugen. my 808 never had a break in this section
Old 06-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muaythai
nice mate, make u use washers on the front screws from the front tower to diff to spread the weight.

it will crack around there. most run the alum tower.
I think this is one area of weakness in the mugen. my 808 never had a break in this section
Are you talking about all of the screws or just a couple? Got any pics? Thee are the type of things I want to make sure I know about on the truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.