Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by curacing2
If the EU chassis is so much better why don't they use that version in the US edition?
I agree with bignasty, its offroad, tracks are either getting faster or slower each round, 0.3 seconds faster, what sort of std dev in your laps are you posting in a heat? It would have to be well under a second to tell if one chassis is 3 seconds faster than the other over 10 laps.

My best ever std dev was 0.32 in a 7 minute truggy heat, and even then my best lap and slowest lap was 1.2 seconds apart.
HI Craig, cant help but agree, you should be able to find a decent balance with all the adjustment the current chassis offer , be it US or EU.

Re Waikato' , i noticed your buggy seemed to handle well through those nasty little judder bars after the five pack. I find my mugen and other i watched seem to kick the back up through that section, where as yours seemed to keep really level. Is this a set up , are you running those csi pistons still.

Will
Old 10-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Will, I have CSI pistons for my 6R but i'm still running the kit ones with 450 mugen oil 9mm preload, they felt so nice when I built the car i've left them in... to stop the back kicking up too much on jumps wind in the droop screws in a few mms and hit the bumps with a bit of throttle, I think my rear shocks measure 130mm atm...running the +3 BCE chassis also, its a bit stiffer than the Mugen one so would that make any difference?
I hate any little kicker bumps and humps on a track,any jump shorter than your wheelbase will kick the back up so you'll never see any of those at arccc.

with the 6R weight thing I was very tempted to run the battery in the back but up front its good for on power steering, something the older 6 lacked.
somewere in between the 2 would be great, 2 single cell lipos 1 up front and 1 in the back.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:12 PM
am
Tech Master

Well, i see your points, but i have raced the cars back to back on the same track on the same day with same type of engine and tires... The EU-R is faster for me. It is faster through the corners and have better steering. There is also quite differnt setups on thoose two cars, espesially for the shocks on the shock towers.

Interesting is that when Chad Bradley started running Mugen again, i posted here what we used to do. The setups from him gradualy came more and more like how i ran the car, so we are not out in the woods with what we do.

I can not explain why it is like that exept it must be the weight balance.

Another car that we can use as an example was the Kyosho mp777. That was a hidius car, even TKI drivers i have spoken to have admited this afterwards. It was manly the weight balance of that car that was the problem as they moved the engine longer towards the front. Fioroni made another chassis and if i rember corectly, they moved the enigne backwards and the car was getting better.

Why Mugen has not opted for the EU-R chassis on the US spec, i do not now.

Alot of people has praised the BCE +3 chassis. The closest one from Mugen is the EU-R chassis.....
Old 10-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
Well, i see your points, but i have raced the cars back to back on the same track on the same day with same type of engine and tires... The EU-R is faster for me. It is faster through the corners and have better steering. There is also quite differnt setups on thoose two cars, espesially for the shocks on the shock towers.

Interesting is that when Chad Bradley started running Mugen again, i posted here what we used to do. The setups from him gradualy came more and more like how i ran the car, so we are not out in the woods with what we do.

I can not explain why it is like that exept it must be the weight balance.

Another car that we can use as an example was the Kyosho mp777. That was a hidius car, even TKI drivers i have spoken to have admited this afterwards. It was manly the weight balance of that car that was the problem as they moved the engine longer towards the front. Fioroni made another chassis and if i rember corectly, they moved the enigne backwards and the car was getting better.

Why Mugen has not opted for the EU-R chassis on the US spec, i do not now.

Alot of people has praised the BCE +3 chassis. The closest one from Mugen is the EU-R chassis.....
i have to agree i have both the 6r and 6r eu and i prefer the eu for our lose blown out tracks here in australia iam sure its just personal choice and each to there own loving the eu!!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

I havn't seen anything from Chad on this forum lately.
I think for mugen to change the spec of the std chassis it would need to be asked for by the Japanese factory drivers...Who was it in the Euro Mugen division that had the clout to get an EU version?
Old 10-11-2012, 01:43 PM
am
Tech Master

He is French and his name is Ferve`.

Mid Mugen Seiki first came with the MBX6R for 2012. This was Mugen Seiki Japan world wide car. Then, the R-EU came out from MID and the US guys started whining because the Europeans got something "better", so Mugen made the US spec a few months later, deciding to almoast fully option the Us spec.

It is sad that Chad stopped posting on here, he had always a very good explenation to why the car behaved the way it did when he tested new things.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
CAR
Tech Addict

I have to believe that the EU is a better all around chassis with the weight moved rearward. Two years ago when I got my new MBX6 with a +5mm chassis I built it with a small battery box this gave me the full length of the splash guard to mount the battery in any postion. I have many hours of testing different battery postions and chassis setups. The best overall front to rear weight balance placement of the battery (ni-cd) has been in the middle to rear of the splash guard. The freedom of being able to move the battery around is a great tuning aid from track to track I cannot believe that no one has come out with a car with this adjustabilty.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by curacing2
Hi Will, I have CSI pistons for my 6R but i'm still running the kit ones with 450 mugen oil 9mm preload, they felt so nice when I built the car i've left them in... to stop the back kicking up too much on jumps wind in the droop screws in a few mms and hit the bumps with a bit of throttle, I think my rear shocks measure 130mm atm...running the +3 BCE chassis also, its a bit stiffer than the Mugen one so would that make any difference?
I hate any little kicker bumps and humps on a track,any jump shorter than your wheelbase will kick the back up so you'll never see any of those at arccc.

with the 6R weight thing I was very tempted to run the battery in the back but up front its good for on power steering, something the older 6 lacked.
somewere in between the 2 would be great, 2 single cell lipos 1 up front and 1 in the back.
Thanks for the reply Craig

When you say wind in the droop screw , do you mean reduce the shock length, As you can wind them in from both sides of the arm!!

Re : weight , do you run a LIPO (100gr) or NICD(200gr). May be its a case of running the LIPO(100gr) in the rear and weighting the front(100gr) , or vice versa.

Thanks Will
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by am
He is French and his name is Ferve`.

Mid Mugen Seiki first came with the MBX6R for 2012. This was Mugen Seiki Japan world wide car. Then, the R-EU came out from MID and the US guys started whining because the Europeans got something "better", so Mugen made the US spec a few months later, deciding to almoast fully option the Us spec.

It is sad that Chad stopped posting on here, he had always a very good explenation to why the car behaved the way it did when he tested new things.
i agree
the r-eu to me is the one with great handling characteristic..
but not bcause of its chassis itself...the gear ratio also helps
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, i'm not willing to fly to malaysia or norway to check out the difference. But here in the us, the tracks work great with the us spec. That must be why they made it.

If you want to bring your eu here for the nitro challenge, then come on.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BigNasty
Well, i'm not willing to fly to malaysia or norway to check out the difference. But here in the us, the tracks work great with the us spec. That must be why they made it.

If you want to bring your eu here for the nitro challenge, then come on.

Sounds like a Overseas holiday 'Nitro Challenge' , staying at Big Nastys, leave your micrometres and scales at home...HAHA

WIll
Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WillF
Sounds like a Overseas holiday 'Nitro Challenge' , staying at Big Nastys, leave your micrometres and scales at home...HAHA

WIll
ahahaha...yeah..there must be a reason why mugen made the us spec..
the us spec has the silver carbon..man..im jealous
Old 10-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

i may say if you try both of them and you'll know wich one is better. since i'm using both i'll say eu is better handling us have better speed that's all cheers
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM
am
Tech Master

Pay my ticket and i`ll be there... No kidding!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ha! I would if I could, my friend. I imagine there will be some eu spec buggies running this year. Last year there were over 600 entries from all over the world. Feb 20-24 2013. On my home track. Mark your calendars. It will be amazing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.