Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlakeJefferson
Thanks for the info. I was really curious on just which one got better runtime. It's funny you mentioned running indoor, because next week I'm actually running an tight indoor track. So I may want to switch back to the 46 for that race. What clutch bell do you run on both, the same or do you change it up? Right now I'm running 13/44.
i always run the 13 tooth clutch bell. for the indoor, i would try it with 44 first may work. i have ran the 44 indoors to smooth bottom out a little, but ones with big jumps with short run up, the 46 is needed.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr240
Ran my 6R for the first time yesterday. Was very easy to drive compared to my old D8. Only complaint is that my engine would flame out. Removed my engine and ran it in my 6T which I installed a Jammin X2 CRT fuel tank. Not one flame out. Put it back in the 6R and flame outs returned. While building the 6R I went ahead and installed a clunk and did the lid mod. Also my pressure line about 10 inches. Don't know what else I could do.
What lid mod? I too had issues with flame outs on my first outing with my MBX6. I thought maybe it was the faster throttle servo I installed since that motor never flamed on my other buggy. I finally got it to run but am wondering if im missing something.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeauxkor
What lid mod? I too had issues with flame outs on my first outing with my MBX6. I thought maybe it was the faster throttle servo I installed since that motor never flamed on my other buggy. I finally got it to run but am wondering if im missing something.
I installed a seal from an extra wheel hub bearing to the lid gasket to seal the lid opening better. Also added collars to the lid spring to ensure the lid closes.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I installed a seal from an extra wheel hub bearing to the lid gasket to seal the lid opening better. Also added collars to the lid spring to ensure the lid closes.
Still flaming out after all that?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Torian4000
Same here. I only run the rear dust boot. I got tired of buying new one's for the front. Even when I shrink wraped the front it always ripped off too quick. Now it's naked.

Its kinda funny How the Car the Boots were designed for wont hold on for Very Long, Yet a Car with Even MORE drive shaft angle and they stay on until you pull it off.

Going to Foley ? If so see ya there.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey, i ran my first mbx6r this past weekend and come in second place. i've never run a buggy before in my life. it was awlsome. patient plays a big part. i've got a lot to learn in the buggy racing world. can't wait till next race.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sykemike
hey, i ran my first mbx6r this past weekend and come in second place. i've never run a buggy before in my life. it was awlsome. patient plays a big part. i've got a lot to learn in the buggy racing world. can't wait till next race.
1/8th scale is a great class! In my opinion nitro buggy is one of the most competitive classes to run. I used to run truggy and buggy and got hectic trying to maintain both of them, while running truggy with my dad. I chose the buggy easily over truggy, I believe 1/8th buggy will be around for a long time to come! Glad you enjoyed your Mugen though!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ran my 6R for the first time yesterday. Was very easy to drive compared to my old D8. Only complaint is that my engine would flame out. Removed my engine and ran it in my 6T which I installed a Jammin X2 CRT fuel tank. Not one flame out. Put it back in the 6R and flame outs returned. While building the 6R I went ahead and installed a clunk and did the lid mod. Also my pressure line about 10 inches. Don't know what else I could do.
Well doing all these mods before prob didnt help. A clunk is pointless unless ur on ur lid more then wheels lol. U have a leak somewhere. Look at fuel lines as running see if you see any bubbles. The mugen fuel filters often leak I seal mine.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When is it flaming out? Problems with the tank on Mugens are normally related to pit lane and refueling. Cold fuel hits the plastic and it shrinks after closing the lid. Or so I hear anyway. I agree with the above. Clunks are only an advantage if you spend time upside down.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've been running the M2C 5 hole pistons for about 2 months now and have had very successful results with them on both the 6R and ECO. I've been running the 6R with 550 oil, 7.5 front springs and 8.0 rear springs with no rebound. On the ECO I am running 600 oil, 7.75 spring front and back with no rebound. I am wanting to try the new 1.35mm Tapered pistons from Mugen this weekend in both of my cars but I dont know where to start. What do you guys recommend running as far fluids, springs, and rebound?

Eddy
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

is the rear upright for mbx6 the same with the mbx5?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by E-Eddy
I've been running the M2C 5 hole pistons for about 2 months now and have had very successful results with them on both the 6R and ECO. I've been running the 6R with 550 oil, 7.5 front springs and 8.0 rear springs with no rebound. On the ECO I am running 600 oil, 7.75 spring front and back with no rebound. I am wanting to try the new 1.35mm Tapered pistons from Mugen this weekend in both of my cars but I dont know where to start. What do you guys recommend running as far fluids, springs, and rebound?

Eddy

I run the stock set up. You can look at racemugen.com for many different set ups. I believe with stock pistons I'm running 450 front and 400 rear (mugen oils). With 8.25 damper springs both front and rear. I know on the mbx6 the stock set up and many other set ups called for different springs for front and rear. I'm not sure if the length of the chasis has much to do with it, but I noticed a lot of guys were running the same damper springs both front and rear.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr LowDown
is the rear upright for mbx6 the same with the mbx5?

Yes, you will need the hub, bearings and axle from a 6/6T
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlakeJefferson
I run the stock set up. You can look at racemugen.com for many different set ups. I believe with stock pistons I'm running 450 front and 400 rear (mugen oils). With 8.25 damper springs both front and rear. I know on the mbx6 the stock set up and many other set ups called for different springs for front and rear. I'm not sure if the length of the chasis has much to do with it, but I noticed a lot of guys were running the same damper springs both front and rear.
I've never really liked the stock setup to much. Just felt a little too lazy and soft for my liking. I've always ran higher fluids and stiffer springs than most people. I think I'll stay with the same springs and try 450 weight oil front and back At first and tune from there with the Mugen 1.35 tapered pistons. What rebound do you guys normally run?

Eddy
Old 07-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ross71
Yes, you will need the hub, bearings and axle from a 6/6T
thanks ross71..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.