Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree23Likes

Kyosho ST-RR

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho ST-RR
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Current running upgrades/Mods people are doing to this truck late 2016/early 2017.

-Chassis Options
m2c2850 KYOSHO STRR EVO WEIGHT FOWARD TRUGGY

-Engine Mount Option
IFW102 - Blue narrower Mount. Allows you to put Lock Nuts on top of screws that hold the Mount plates in.
Agama motor mount AGM6206

-For MP9 Knuckle conversion
Kyosho IF419 MP9 Knuckles
Kyosho IFW436 16degree Hub Carrier
Kyosho IF420 Knuckle Arm Collar (slightly thinner than STRR one)
Kyosho IF467 Long King Pin

-Strengthening upgrades
King Headz KP-360-BLK Front Torque Arm
King Headz KP-372RR-BLK Rear Torque Arm (extended chassis)
King Headz KP-300LB-BLK Lower Front Holder ‘B’
King Headz KP-300UL-BLK Front Upper Holder ‘L’
King Headz KP-329 Rear Brace Mount
IS157 Hardened Diff Case from Psycho Kruiser
IGW002GM Alum Rear Hubs
HB Outdrives #67197

-Replacing C-Clip Hinge Pins on Inner Susp Holder
HPI 109848 Hing Pins
Racers Edge/KFactory RCEK8034 Pins (Very hard to find)
or
Replace complete A/B/C/D Blocks with:
*M2C m2c2510 KYOSHO ST-RR/ EVO REAR TOE BLOCK
*M2C m2c2520 KYOSHO STRR EVO TRUGGY FRONT LOWER ANTIDIVER KIT

-Servo Saver Mod
IFW450 MP9 SS Alum Upper Arm
IF417 MP9 SS Lower Assembly

(See http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=4112 for full pics and description).

-Performance Updates
IFW327BL Blue Narrow Hexes (typically run on front).

-Bodies Options
RC8T Bulldog Body (discontinued late 2016).

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

seems to me like people are getting to hung up on this outdrive issue,i havn't had any issues with the outdrives on the buggy or truggy
Old 10-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicker619
Why do you wanna run D8? I don't think there are any issue with the newer outdrives but I could be wrong.
newer as of when?? i run a normal ST-RR and not the Evo!! ill take photos of my outdrives and post them later. you will understand why am asking.
the truck runs great and super dialed though

cheers

Ali
Old 10-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

There was an issue with the MP9 TKI2 outdrives for a while but that has now been corrected (see the MP9 thread).

I don't think there ever was an issue with the ST-RR outdrives. Just the D8(T) ones are lightweight ánd last longer: they don't chip as easily on the edges.
I have not heard of an update on the ST-RR Evo outdrives.

I have posted this pic a couple pages back aswell.

Some bad chipping going on and this is with fairly new dogbones, the left cups haven't seen a lot of use either. After this initial chipping they last a long time but it does give more play and more wear on the drive train.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

for me, I always ran the lightened D8 outdrives and ring gear in my ST RR....simply because its lightened. I used to use the lightning pinion and grind it a bit shorter for it to fit properly. Lasted alot longer than the kyosho ones. I will run only lightened outdrives on the EVO though.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (99%+)

Ran my Evo hard yesterday. Everything was great , however I'm going to upgrade to the Kingheadz rear chassi brace. The stock one will eventually pop off due to flex.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BIGTIME
Ran my Evo hard yesterday. Everything was great , however I'm going to upgrade to the Kingheadz rear chassi brace. The stock one will eventually pop off due to flex.
I use to capture mine when it was the STR but when they changed to the RR there was no way to. I have never had it pop a chassis brace, You will loose traction running it too stiff in the rear.

As far as the HB drive parts you hear alot of complaints in the D8T thread about early wear whether its stock or the lightened. I have not had any problems with wear really with a slight bit of chipping on some I still get alot of time on them.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGTIME
did it pop off?? if not, dont change it, i run my truck really hard and our track has huge jumps with few concrete landings it never moved from its place and still going strong. if it starts to move a bit, just change the plastic ends.
the Aluminum one will take alot of flex and rear traction!! run the aluminum one if your track is super high bite.

also do the battery mod and move it up front, steering is crazy and jumps even better than before.

here are photos of the battery mod

used 2 plastic wing spacers, drilled the side guards, mount the spacers, drimell a nice piece of carbon fiber, double side sticker to stick a piece of foam under the CF so the pack doesnt move, drill 2 holes on the CF, get 2 screws with sink washers, put your name on it and Voila !!! better than Paul King

cheers

Ali

Last edited by KWT-NITRO; 10-30-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Suspended

Default ST-RR Evo Lipo RX pack?

I have the ST-RR-Evo on order and would like to know what lipo RX pack you guys are running. I would like to get the IP 2300 lipo...but will wait to see what fits. I have run HB for years and decided to try a higher end kit.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (99%+)

Yes, it popped off and I replaced the plastic end and it still has play on the ball end of the brace.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TDC_Ops
I have the ST-RR-Evo on order and would like to know what lipo RX pack you guys are running. I would like to get the IP 2300 lipo...but will wait to see what fits. I have run HB for years and decided to try a higher end kit.
you can run the protek 2300 lipo as got mine yesterday and they fit like a glove
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
did it pop off?? if not, dont change it, i run my truck really hard and our track has huge jumps with few concrete landings it never moved from its place and still going strong. if it starts to move a bit, just change the plastic ends.
the Aluminum one will take alot of flex and rear traction!! run the aluminum one if your track is super high bite.

also do the battery mod and move it up front, steering is crazy and jumps even better than before.

used 2 plastic wing spacers, drilled the side guards, mount the spacers, drimell a nice piece of carbon fiber, double side sticker to stick a piece of foam under the CF so the pack doesnt move, drill 2 holes on the CF, get 2 screws with sink washers, put your name on it and Voila !!! better than Paul King

cheers

Ali
Super clean, Ali. Awesome.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO

cheers

Ali

Ali, how do you like the MP9 radio box in your ST-RR??? Also how is the fit/finish of the box to the chassis and servo tray?

I was thinking of trying that too.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

any one else ordered part IFW402B wing stay posts thinking they were for the new evo truggy(amain had them under strr-evo parts) dont bother as they are just the same as the part IFW402 BUT ABOUT $6USD DEARER and now amain have them as MP9 wing posts..so there is 2x part numbers now that are the same thing..crazy.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Re: parts

What are the common parts that share between MP9 TKI2 and STRR-EVO?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Motor mount, brakes, and the front rr shocks are the same as the rear tki2 shocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.