Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
You beat me Matt.
sweeeet
Old 05-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by btracing
Hi All,

My losi is destroying the front bearings every 20 mins or so, I have replaced them so often I lost count.

I run standard 4 shoe losi clutch and shim / adjust the clutchbell for endfloat.

Has anyone got any ideas??

Cente diff moving? or anything else common.

Many thanks .
That's a common problem. I've heard several fixes: King Headz quick change mount with the exteneded "finger" to the gas tank post to reinforce the chassis... got that, still had a problem. I understand you have to run the mesh a little sloppier than most buggies due to flex there... even with the King Headz mount.

I got frustrated and flipped the mount to move the motor, used a "regular" clutchbell that is shorter. Problem SEEMS to be solved now... but then again I'm running the mesh a little sloppy.

BTW you are lucky in a way... better $2 worth of bearings than $18 worth of clutch bell. (I went through 2 bells last weekend and 1 this weekend before deciding to change it as described... so $54 + $6 for bearings since I wasn't gonna try running the bells on the bearings where the previous one failed... $60 in 2 weeks... yikes)
Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys!i have put the 8's shocks in my mbx5r and because they are shorter from the mugen's i need the 2 little plastics that used in the 8T arms.[the rear suspension arm stundoff]they are inqluding with the rears arms but i don't need them.does anyone have any and don't need them?
Any help please!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Initiate

ok guys i am having trouble here and can't seem to get it figured out. I am fairly new to my 8ight and the last time i did any racing was back when 1/10 scale electric ruled the world. That being said the rear end of my 8ight won't stay planted in the corner. My turn in is awesome but trying to come out of the corner the rear end kicks out and almost (or does) spins me out. I am running the links in the 2-A position, and i have the adjustable rear hinge pin brace so i can change to what ever. I am running 7-5-2 diff oil and 3 degrees negative camber. i really wanna plant the rear end better from the middle out of the corner any ideas?

Last edited by Camberlink; 05-19-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Camberlink
ok guys i am having trouble here and can't seem to get it figured out. I am fairly new to my 8ight and the last time i did any racing was back when 1/10 scale electric ruled the world. That being said the rear end of my 8ight won't stay planted in the corner. My turn in is awesome but trying to come out of the corner the rear end kicks out and almost (or does) spins me out. I am running the links in the 2-A position, and i have the adjustable rear hinge pin brace so i can change to what ever. I am running 7-5-2 diff oil and 3 degrees negative camber. i really wanna plant the rear end better middle out of the corner any ideas?
Did you check your ride height in the rear. Depending on the track conditions it should be set around 29mm and the front at 27mm. Also check your shock length for the rear. 160.5mm is a good start. What sway bar are you running?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

i am running the black sway bar and i will have to check my ride height again i think i had it set at 30mm
Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

i am running the black sway bar and i will have to check my ride height again i think i had it set at 30mm

The small silver bar will help.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

try the smaller sway bar in the rear. if that dosent help go to the b hole on the rear hub. Also run -2 up front and -1 in the rear for camber.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

is it worth it to get the king headz extended engine mount instead of the non extended?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Go with the small, silver, sway bar and drop your ride height to 29mm to 28mm.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

question about the slop in the hex's. has anyone put washers behind the wheel hex to take the slop out? does it work? and what shims are you using ?

thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

having problems with the servo saver. It seems that after I get it set and run it for a bit, the servo saver get tighter? almost to the point where you think it is locked up.... but after I rebuild it, it is fine. I am using the 8t spring and have the aluminum servo saver. the best thing i can do to fix it is buy new plastic parts, but that gets old and $$$ after awhile.

thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveJa
question about the slop in the hex's. has anyone put washers behind the wheel hex to take the slop out? does it work? and what shims are you using ?

thanks
Kyosho makes a 8x10 kit with .1 .2 and .3's But u have to be careful to not jarr up the bearing as that will cause it to fail even faster.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveJa
having problems with the servo saver. It seems that after I get it set and run it for a bit, the servo saver get tighter? almost to the point where you think it is locked up.... but after I rebuild it, it is fine. I am using the 8t spring and have the aluminum servo saver. the best thing i can do to fix it is buy new plastic parts, but that gets old and $$$ after awhile.

thanks

are u using loctite ? it should'nt move if u are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.