Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
call RC COMPOUND and talk to Todd, he has all spares. Tell him Richard Infanti sent ya and he'll hook you up 865-483-0484

Thank you!!!!....Todd hooked it up for me
Again I appreciate the info!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Thank you!!!!....Todd hooked it up for me
Again I appreciate the info!
glad I could help bud, my pleasure. Todd is a great guy and once his on-line website goes "live" he will be the place to go
Old 11-29-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Where is Todd located (state)?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep, I am running DSM, and I plan to double check the wires and such to see if I can find a short. Considering it didn't do anything like that for the rest of the night, I may not be able to find it. The only wires in there that look sketchy are the leads to my pers. transponder...but it's working fine.

So what do all you guys running your 8ights on blue groove use for tires? I've been through a few styles, and though I've been fast recently, I feel like there's more in it.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Ahsikes, Tennessee

R40victim, I run switch 2.0 and inside jobs at crcrc in columbus...I like the inside jobs a little more the car just feels more planted....but I would suggest buying the unmounted ones because the foam included works great but breaks easily...
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Cool, thank you. I've had the Inside Jobs suggested as well, just trying to see if there's something else that works too. I just used a set of the old Switch tires, because I was told they have too much side bite. That's actually what I was looking for, because the crime fighters just weren't cutting it. They didn't quite do it for me, so I'm looking for something else to try. I'm prolly gonna pick up a set of Inside Jobs, and use molded foams, those seem to be "The Ticket"...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello! I just picked up a used 8ight and wanted to know what I should improve/change right away. The buggy was built as per directions and only change/upgrade is a Himoto rear wing. I would have tried reading this thread, but it is a little long. I was hoping to get a quick condensed answer.

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

A side note on the Spektrum RX's. I found that running them in nitro vehicles the vibration causes the circuit board to become loose fitting inside the case. Take a piece of foam and insert between the case and the board to create a tight fit so the board does not vibrate freely inside the case. The loose circuit board can case all kinds of weird functions.

If you plan on using molded foam, give the Ofna orange(soft) or yellow(firm) a try. They are way more durable than the Pro-Line molded foam. It sucks when you mount a set of brand new tires and you get a couple runs out of them before the PL foam rips and breaks down!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
Hello! I just picked up a used 8ight and wanted to know what I should improve/change right away. The buggy was built as per directions and only change/upgrade is a Himoto rear wing. I would have tried reading this thread, but it is a little long. I was hoping to get a quick condensed answer.

Thanks!
Run it, run it and run it! Seriously, the best thing to do is just run it...there is not much of a need for any upgrades. About the only thing you may want to keep an eye on is clutch maintenance. A lot of people are using the M2C Racing or King Headz clutch shoes. Do a search in this thread and you will get all the info.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Most setups list the 3T/3A rear plate.

I would order that.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looking through box I do have the 3T/3A rear plate. Cool. I guess I just need tires then. How do the kit tires handle? Most at my track use Komodo Dragon 2's.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
Looking through box I do have the 3T/3A rear plate. Cool. I guess I just need tires then. How do the kit tires handle? Most at my track use Komodo Dragon 2's.
The Losi tires work great on loamy tracks to me. I have a set brand new mounted and glued with stock foams for sale if you need tires. $35+shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0426&rd=1&rd=1
Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

If the track uses k2's, then proline crime fighters would be close too.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridgewaybodies
Run it, run it and run it! Seriously, the best thing to do is just run it...there is not much of a need for any upgrades. About the only thing you may want to keep an eye on is clutch maintenance. A lot of people are using the M2C Racing or King Headz clutch shoes. Do a search in this thread and you will get all the info.
The other thing i would look for is to double check front and rear cv drive shaft assy. I used loctite on the set screw that holds the pin in place, and it has come out 2 times while running practice. I have since use shrink wrap to cover them so if it does come out again, i wont have to worry about searching for that pin and cv coupling. Other than that i havent had any problems out of my 8ight at all
Old 11-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

I've seen a few posts about replacing the Losi shock boot. The factory boot(s) are not very durable, and are (In my opinion) to expensive for what you get. Here is another way to protect your shocks O rings and greatly help from having leaking shocks from dirt tearing them up....

1 Go to a party store, or a .99 cents store and buy a bag of party balloons. You'll need the balloons you come make Animals or shapes with. (Long and skinny)

2 . Cut one to the same length. (Approx 2 3/4") Use the end of the balloon with ring (Knot end), and place that end on top over the collar. You may need to put a small drop of oil inside of the balloon to help it slip over.

3. Finished product is more durable, and flexible (my opinion) then the Losi boots. Only me cost 99 cents. and I have 21 replacements when needed. I did all 4 of mine in 5 minutes.

Just and FYI for guys looking for another option....
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-pict1598.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-pict1601.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-pict1604.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Walters; 11-29-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.