Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

The paint on that body looks awesome DNA!

We actually have added just a touch of clearance in the throttle/brake linkage area in the right air scoop. The JConcepts body also has more room for the air filter, since the roof line is higher and the windshield is higher at the base and at a lesser pitch.

There is also an air chin spoiler built into the body at the base of the windshield.

Most of the drivers who have tested have told me they feel more stability with our body on the car. That may be attributed to the roof shape, as well as funneling air to the wing more effiecently it also acts as a channel for air to help stabilize the buggy at high speeds.

Attention to detail is what makes them look different from each other, from a distance even the buggies all look the same! The 8 stands out since it is so much narrower...Just another way the body isn't like others, .

...Jim
Old 11-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

supralative- Check out www.bmainhobbies.com for the losi 8ight. best prices anywhere.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think the new Proline Body looks awsome for the 8ight,
Old 11-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

The proline body looks very good. Ive got a jconcepts on the way, ill have to check that out too.

Anyone been running on a high bite, tight track with the 8ight? How much setup changes have you made? Ive got a 2/2 rear toe plate on the way to try. We run slicks with traction compound on them, thats how much traction there is. Just trying to see if anyone had to change alot to get the car to work. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Miskolczi
supralative- Check out www.bmainhobbies.com for the losi 8ight. best prices anywhere.

How about you check out your local racetrack/hobby shop and buy it there so they make some money and stay in business so that you have place to race.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Whats with the hate? The guy that owns the shop i race at his track, and have been buying from him for a while. Whats the big deal.

Here, check out www.atomichobbies.com , or www.amainhobbies.com , or www.dougshobbyshop.com ...

Why does everyone have to H8ight on a good price on a product? If you want to pay more money at your local shop that is up to you, or the individual. To each his own...
Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about we take the conversation in the traction direction. I already have another thread going about it, but I'd like to hear what other 8ight drivers are using on Blue Groove race surfaces. I just bought a set of the old switch in soft compound. I figured they were cheap, and soft, and I have seen them used on a XXX-4 pretty successfully. Anyone else use somethig similar on their 8ight?
Old 11-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Ive had good luck with pro-line inside jobs and switch 2.0..... I think the PL's are a little more consistant but both work well. I run the stock set-up but put 5k in the center and play with the droop a little and it handles well. I plan on trying more this weekend.....
Old 11-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I figured some would like or hate this but its the latest from ProLine.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-prolinelosi.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-prolinelosi2.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-prolinelosi3.jpg  
Old 11-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aaron,

Any news on what Losi is doing or suggesting to fix the throttle servo issue? I had several people check my setup over and it wasn't straining the throttle on the brakes but the one thing we noticed was once the servo pulled the carb out over half way it had to work harder because the carb was at an angle. I tried reducing it as much as possible but couldn't get it perfect like it would be in other cars.

By the way the car handled great.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weezer23
I figured some would like or hate this but its the latest from ProLine.

Looks sweet! Getting 2 on order as we speak.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Topher - No blanket fix yet. You brought up a good point with getting the carb to pull out smoothly throughout the travel.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *Topher*
Aaron,

Any news on what Losi is doing or suggesting to fix the throttle servo issue? I had several people check my setup over and it wasn't straining the throttle on the brakes but the one thing we noticed was once the servo pulled the carb out over half way it had to work harder because the carb was at an angle. I tried reducing it as much as possible but couldn't get it perfect like it would be in other cars.

By the way the car handled great.
don't think it has anything to do with that honestly..... anyone thats ever owned a TTR S3 knows how much of an angle the carb has to be in order to clear the centre brace. not issue.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It is however the issue if the engine is older and the carb is worn out.
This may not have been an issue with the other cars but when the linkage is put in that angle any slop in the carb will tend to bind and add extra load to the servo.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

i finally got one, after alot of thinking and ????'s. but relly the price is what sold it. i can't wait to tear it apart and go threw everything,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320049420115

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.