Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
In sanctioned races here in the US, I have not had a problem with fuel specs while running without the provided tank insert. I do not run any external filters and I do run the line directly to the engine with very little excess.

Now on the truggy it is illegal to run without the insert.

I do not know the measurements but that is what I have seen.
TEX
Old 02-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any one running the new chassis?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mcfly
never had a prob with mine at scrutineering, i had plastic insert in tank and measured 116ml with the fuel line. they only count the fuel line from tank pick up to the carb, the return line doesnt matter(can be as long as you like). just thought id let you know incase your measuring both lines
thanks for that. I measured mine with just the pick up hose with a normal measure cup and got about 128ml..?????????Its a brand new tank so the cup must be out a little
Old 02-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave.H
Any one running the new chassis?
I ran it with my car last weekend at 2 different tracks. A definate improvement. More forgiving to drive in the rough and I think it turns better. From what I understand that it will not hurt to run the chassis in any situation or track condition.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone had any trouble with the throttle servo getting overheated or worn due to the engine heat? I am looking for some type of kevelar shield or tape to help keep the heat off of my JR 9000 servo. I have just started into my race roller T and RTR 8.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rescuemann
Has anyone had any trouble with the throttle servo getting overheated or worn due to the engine heat? I am looking for some type of kevelar shield or tape to help keep the heat off of my JR 9000 servo. I have just started into my race roller T and RTR 8.

huh ? throttle burnin up cuz of heat...i dont think so...worn due to engin wear ? How hot are u running ur mills 300+ ?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

what do you guys think of the losi starter box? I have one and not to happy with it.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mandy116
what do you guys think of the losi starter box? I have one and not to happy with it.

I love mine...whats up with yours ? did u break in the motor's like ur suppos to ? did u rewire it with Deans wire ? solder all the connections ?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mandy116
I have not had the Losi box, but I use the Ofna 1/8 scale Off-Road Chrome top box, and it works like a charm. I was told it wouldnt work without mods to the chassis, or wheel, but all ya have to do, is line up the fly wheel (which puts the car off center to the left) and it works awsome! Im using the 12V
7Amh battery, and it lasts forever on one charge.
If your looking for an alternitive to the Losi box, this is an option.
I dont know too much about the Losi boxes, but i can tell ya I have seen MANY times, at the track, guys runnig around asking to use someones elses Losi box. i just dont have time for that.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Lord

All u need to do is rewire the box with Deans Wet Noodle and Solder all the connection's and should be an Obvious but 99% of guys dont do it...but u gotta break the box's motor's in....U cant just go rammin on them right outta the box and expect them to last that long....Like any electric motor...the brushes need a little time to break in and get well suited to the comm.....Ive ran my box for a total of like 5 race weekends and have yett to have any issues....keep in mind i got mine like 3 month's ago....AFTER i talked to losi and they claimed the 1st Batch of motor's were bad(new supplier) and they assured me the newer boxes out were fine and should'nt have any issues....i rewired mine for peace of mind...and i also use a Gel cell...stick packs arent well suited for box's imo...for the price u gotta pay for decent cells...u could have bought 3-4 gel cells no problem. this is basically how i did mine minus the lipo's.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Integra, you could try the losi heat tape. I don't feel it is a problem, but this stuff should help. http://www.losi.com/Search/Default.a...archTerm=nomex
Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That box won't be lacking any power.....
Old 02-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by indaway
Integra, you could try the losi heat tape. I don't feel it is a problem, but this stuff should help. http://www.losi.com/Search/Default.a...archTerm=nomex

huh ?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by indaway
I think this post was meant for rescueman
Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I was wondering how many of you guys that own a 8ight B race roller have had any out of the box assembly issues? All of my 8ight T race rollers have had top notch assembly but when I took my new buggy out of the box I immediately saw one of the front chassis brace screws hanging way out from under the chassis. I went over the whole bottom of the chassis and all the rest of the screws were tight. Then today when I was running the first tank through it the brake linkage vibrated off. I guess while they were busy putting too much red loctite on the wheel hubs they forgot to loctite the tiny setscrews in the brake collars.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.