Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Vroom,if mine does that I put a screw in the end of the crank.I do not screw it in all the way, then I grab the teeth of the bell with a pair of pliers and tap the end of the screw to loosen the bell.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6
what was the tire cinfig that truhe was callling bowfighters
Crimefighters on the front and bowties on the rear (or vise-versa, I think I have it right though).
Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

vroom88- use a dremel with a cutoff disc and cut a single narrow notch in the screw head and use a regular screwdriver. If you've used loctite put a little heat on it first...

That track looks very dry slippery. Kind of looks like it has a little grooving to it. I 1up the softer clutch setup and probably would use like an M3 crimefighter or bowtie there.

As for the Proline inserts beware of the molded. Proline is an excellent company but I have noticed a few sets of tires lately that have a slightly firmer insert than normal. My buddy and I took out about 8 or 9 sets of moldeds from newly purchased tires and compiled to stacks of different stiffnesses? I've been using the Ofnas, both yellow and oarange. Very consistent and come in bags of 6 so buy two bags for $6 and have enough for 3 full sets of tires.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by indaway
Speaking of Freefall,it was good to meet you last weekend.Maybe we will see him and some of you guys from down south up here some day.

He broke his 1/10th scale.I did not catch his buggy race.
Bro, Tell me that wasn't a fun weekend!!! It's always great to meet fellow rc tech'rs Air8 and i chatted up a little also.My voice is so horse from yelling while pitting all those people. I think i pitted like 11 diffrent people this weekend. Reggie Tounge was the nicest guy too. You and your Kansas Konnection were awsome. Thanks for going out of your way to find parts for my gt2. Your 8 was on fire!!!! Let me know of any upcoming race in your neck of the wood's. Ill be there!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks,maybe we will have better luck at the nats.My car felt pretty good all weekend.Had a little bad luck in the mains,but it was still fun.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6
what was the tire cinfig that truhe was callling bowfighters
Crimefighters in front and Bowties in the rear. Those are the "Bowfighters"
This weekend Im gonna try "BowShots" Holeshots in front and Bowties in rear. Ill let you know. Hopefully the Al.rear bearing inserts will be here tomorrow so I can put em in and fix the loosy problem in rear diff. Im glad I was able to score them seeing my rear diff was horrible.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

what race was reggie at , he used to be one of the northwest homies !!!now he is a free agent i believe , dont see him as much !!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
what race was reggie at , he used to be one of the northwest homies !!!now he is a free agent i believe , dont see him as much !!
He raced with us at the RC Pro south series. We were in Oklahoma this weekend. Im planning on going to visit his home track in Louisianna soon. He's such a cool guy. Down to earth. Fast too. Houston thanks for your help on the plus 5 question's too.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah, OKC was a blast. It was great to meet freefall and watch how crazy busy he is. Everytime I looked up he was pitting for someone and doing it fast. I hope we can get you guys up here and race against indaway and us racers who try to catch him. Good job Frank, even with the hard luck. I still don't see how you broke an outer hinge pin with it staying in place and not break the hub carrier or the a-arm. You were going fast though. I didn't get to meet Tex1 but, for my first pro race it was an awesome experience. I can't wait to go to another one.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Air8 and I took the test caliper for width, for the buggie's and mesured my 8 with the 2mm mugen wheel hex's on each side(4mm total) and found that we had another 3mm total(1.5mm each side)left. So don't worry 2mm extended hex's are legal. I also took out my fuel tank restricter and had room to spare on fuel. (not using fuel filter though). Air8,im heading your way...keep me informed on the race's coming up.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Gonna have to try those hexes. Our friend Christian told me that Losi also makes offset hexes. Any idea about those? I'm gonna ask our LHS owner if he will put on a big race in a few weeks and get you guys and Lars and his friends too. That would be great.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Carl, did the tech guy tell you what your total fuel capacity was? Cody from here in Kansas was on the edge. The tech guy went to tell him to watch out. So I don't know what happened there. Should a guy reduce his capacity to make sure and pass? I would think, If you passed, don't touch it. But I may be wrong.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by air8
Gonna have to try those hexes. Our friend Christian told me that Losi also makes offset hexes. Any idea about those? I'm gonna ask our LHS owner if he will put on a big race in a few weeks and get you guys and Lars and his friends too. That would be great.
Originally Posted by air8
Carl, did the tech guy tell you what your total fuel capacity was? Cody from here in Kansas was on the edge. The tech guy went to tell him to watch out. So I don't know what happened there. Should a guy reduce his capacity to make sure and pass? I would think, If you passed, don't touch it. But I may be wrong.
I haven't heard about the Losi hexes since I use the mugen ones. Keep me informed about the races in Kansas. My wife and I will attend if we can. It was great meeting you this weekend. Had a blast with you guys!!

Tech told me that I was safe if I had a few more drops, the fuel was not spilling out when I put the lid on it. I still have the standard length of fuel tubbing that came with the kit and have not extended it. You should be safe since my tank and my fuel was hot. You did great this weekend! I am glad you had fun. I'll see you in Kansas soon.

Do you know anybody who needs a pitman? Ha Ha Ha!!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think the Mugen wheel hexes smoothes the ride out a little bit, for sure. Havent heard of the Losi extended hexes yet.

FreeFallMarine- Hopefully I can come race with y'all next time and Ill give ya a hand pitting and you can help me be a better driver.deal?
Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

http://nitrooffroad.rcprosites.com/s...ate/2007-07-28

We might try to go to this one. Still a ways off and a lot can happen. But thinking about it. I'll have plenty of time to rebuild my motor and electronics. Should put on a better show this time. OKC was ugly for me racing wise. All the expensive parts gave me trouble. Engine, servos, electronics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.