Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am running the radio tray with no o-rings or stiffeners. I set up my servo as stated many pages back. Most important thing on any RC vehicle is setting end points on servos correctly. I did that day one and had no problems so far.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Throttle servo bit the dust this weekened (5955T). Thats one for steering, one for throttle.

I've read all they're is to read, setup my endpoints blah blah blah.

Those who say these servos don't get hot are crazy. During practice friday I pulled my 8ight off, the throttle servo was so hot you couldn't touch the dang thing. Next day during qualifying it took a dump.

Lasted just under 2 gallons. This is getting expensive

When the servos stay in, it is fast as heck, but to keep them running is hard to do. If only they're was a cure.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scr_achy
Throttle servo bit the dust this weekened (5955T). Thats one for steering, one for throttle.

I've read all they're is to read, setup my endpoints blah blah blah.

Those who say these servos don't get hot are crazy. During practice friday I pulled my 8ight off, the throttle servo was so hot you couldn't touch the dang thing. Next day during qualifying it took a dump.

Lasted just under 2 gallons. This is getting expensive

When the servos stay in, it is fast as heck, but to keep them running is hard to do. If only they're was a cure.
I hate to bust on ya, but if your servo's are getting hot and are frying, then the simple explanation is your settings are not quite right - there are no other explanations. You may have checked all your EPA's, but something has to be off. Is the throttle arm parallel to the ground? Is is parrallel to the servo case? When you are at WOT, are you able to pull the throttle arm out another 2-3 mm or so to allow for chassis flex? Is there any servo/radio tray movement when you at WOT and when you are braking? Are you running the rubber grommets AND the spacers? Every 8ight I have helped set up (mine inclluded of course) has not had a single issue - I am at 3-4 gallons, buddy is at 3 gallons, another guy at 2 gallons, etc. These are all different servos as well (JR9000 for me, Hi Tec 645's for my buddy, and Hi Tec 625's for another guy).
Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gtsum
I hate to bust on ya, but if your servo's are getting hot and are frying, then the simple explanation is your settings are not quite right - there are no other explanations. You may have checked all your EPA's, but something has to be off. Is the throttle arm parallel to the ground? Is is parrallel to the servo case? When you are at WOT, are you able to pull the throttle arm out another 2-3 mm or so to allow for chassis flex? Is there any servo/radio tray movement when you at WOT and when you are braking? Are you running the rubber grommets AND the spacers? Every 8ight I have helped set up (mine inclluded of course) has not had a single issue - I am at 3-4 gallons, buddy is at 3 gallons, another guy at 2 gallons, etc. These are all different servos as well (JR9000 for me, Hi Tec 645's for my buddy, and Hi Tec 625's for another guy).
Yes to all the above and no to radio box movement. Thats why i'm shocked. I spent about an hour making sure everything was right.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Scrachy
When you pull full break is your throttle spring collapsing all the way? If it is your servo is dinding on you carb. Thats the issue that allot of people that i know deal with.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

^^^ What is dinding on your carb?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scotty5555
Scrachy
When you pull full break is your throttle spring collapsing all the way? If it is your servo is dinding on you carb. Thats the issue that allot of people that i know deal with.
no and no, I run with virtually no break, just enough to bring the nose forward alittle while in the air.

when I get some time, i'm going to be the neat freak that I am and take and clean every part. Then i'm going to really really pay attention to anything that may cause this to happen. I want to say its not the car, but to spend all this time on servo setup and still have problems is crazy lol

If I don't have any problems in spokane i'll keep it.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

Yeah , This is a JOKE ! Im on my 5th servo and i triple check everything before i run it and i am still having this problem. The servo is dampened, the servo/elec. tray is dampened ! there is no bind in the linkage! WTF LOSI !
Old 05-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

is there anyone out there that still using the original spektrum z270 on their RTR?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

mines still running
Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Lose
Yeah , This is a JOKE ! Im on my 5th servo and i triple check everything before i run it and i am still having this problem. The servo is dampened, the servo/elec. tray is dampened ! there is no bind in the linkage! WTF LOSI !
Post pics of your throttle servo setup and/or have someone at your track that hasn't had issues take a look at it. It isn't the car - its purely the setup and servo you put in it.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Post pics of your throttle servo setup and/or have someone at your track that hasn't had issues take a look at it. It isn't the car - its purely the setup and servo you put in it.

plus 1
Old 05-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Laysander
is there anyone out there that still using the original spektrum z270 on their RTR?
That servo only lasts about ten minutes!!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Yeah im waiting on LHS, jr ds8711 is what im going to put in it when it comes in. And if that breaks the car is going into the trash
Old 05-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

lol if you plan on trashing it tell me where i can find your trash can to retreieve the car i have a RTR version and have almost a gallon through it. heck I had to search forums to see how the heck to set my end points

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.