Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Dale...... I must admit that was another good one courtesy of Kropy!!! ......

The buggy is really good , I'm going to race it for the first time tommorow so we will see how that goes!....Talk to ya later!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE

The buggy is really good , I'm going to race it for the first time tommorow so we will see how that goes!....Talk to ya later!
Alright, I'll check eBay tommorow night.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Great Car...

Just got home from racing my new 8ight.....

This car is amazing. It does everything you want a car to do....only better than you've had from anything before. I realized that this care was great during the first tank.

The brakes are incredible, the corner speed that you can carry is amazing, the accelleration is incredible. I had no idea that the rolling chassis had so much of an impact on the acceleration and top speed. I was the only 8ight there tonight and I pulled 3 holeshots out of 3 starts, simply by pulling the trigger. I am used to a ProSpec MBX-5 with a strong JP B-8 Mod, and normally have more power than many people, but the difference that this car made to that same engine package was amazing. It was noticably quicker on acceleration. Also on braking. This car is a winner all around.

I had a great night since I was the only one with one of these cars at our local track tonight. It was nice knowing that I had an advantage. I hadn't driven a car since June 17th, and was rusty behind the wheel, but this car made up for my lack of skills and I was able to outrun my good friend by relying on the car to make up time on acceleration and braking as well as mid-corner speed. It was nice to realize that I didn't have to push my "rusty" skills to a higher level to go fast....simply make up time with the car as a tool, rather than my skills generating the result. I could tell that my friend had to push his car hard to keep up and it seemed that I had him covered. With my Prospec MBX-5, I seldom thought my car out-handled his....but this Losi was clearly superior.

The car is very forgiving but incredibly crisp and precise. It is VERY responsive, but in control. One notable difference was how responsive the car is in the air to input from throttle/brake and also steering. It was easy to bring it down in control from any attitude, but at first it was somewhat difficult to predict. For example, the brakes are FANTASTIC...but this means that it is very sensitve in the air if you are used to another car with normal brakes. Using the ABS on my radio helped tone it down some.

Overall, my take on this car is that it drives like a 4WD electric Mod Buggy, with smoke and noise, and durability.

I did manage to break a shock end in the main but otherwise the car was untouched. Fabulous job Team Losi. This makes racing a lot of fun. It reminds me of something like a nitro touring sedan or 1/12 scale carpet car....very crisp and precise handling.

By the way, I used the out-of-the box kit setup, only changing the rear roll bar to the thinnest available. I also raised the front ride height slightly and lowered the rear slightly (1mm each) to tone it down some...and it still had better steering than I've ever had before.

Last edited by Bivens; 10-07-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

at the euro indoor GP in Belgium

Jerome sartel, one of the 5 franch topdrivers
changed from jammin x1cr fte to a losi 8ight

he received the kit only 1 week before
in the gp he put down the tq for fastest single lap

and for now is placed 5th for the A-main....
Old 10-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow is this car great.

My car kept getting better the more I drove it and with 10-12 tanks got
real good. I think its time to go back crack open the diffs and replace
the fluid. The drive train is so free its sick. I am very pleased with
the car.
I am running the kit set up with 54 40 wt in the front. Untill I can
get ahold of the 3 deg antisquat block I will stay with camber link 4b
in the rear with a tad more static camber.

here are a few finished pics
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-dscn02390001.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-dscn02400002.jpg  
Old 10-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looks Gr8ight!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone noticed the fuel tank insert?
anyone taken it out?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I took mine out. You are only suppose to leave it in if your running an external fuel filter.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Well guys, I have'nt raced off-road in three years and I took the 8 racing today for the first time and it was awesome!
I won all three of my heats and was TQ then went out and won the 1/2 hour main by two laps!
And as for people wondering if the car works on a dusty dry track..YES it does , This track was bone dry and dusty...First time out the car was very loose. I went to the pits and put the thin sway bars in the front and rear and wow It was stuck!!...with just those two adjustments.

Kropy, That is funny!! ... This ones a keeper!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Was it bitch for anyone ele just putting the front shock tower over the front diff half? I cant for the life of me get it to slide over the case without destroying either the tower or the plastic diff case half.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Was it bitch for anyone ele just putting the front shock tower over the front diff half? I cant for the life of me get it to slide over the case without destroying either the tower or the plastic diff case half.
my nephews fit perfectly....
Old 10-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Reported

Originally Posted by john_hk
you have a new choice for your ibm laptop battery and sony laptop battery, dell laptop battery, Toshiba laptop battery, also other laptop battery , camcorder battery , digital camera battery , md, ipod, multi chargers,ac/dc adapter and so on,you can visit www.supply-batteries.co.uk for detail.It will make your a wonderful travel.we have collected the popular items in the past five months
dell 1691p,hp f4809a,compaq 4098a, sony pcga-bp1n,jvc bn-vf714,sony np-f550,jvc bn-vf733,jvc bn-v12u,sony np-fm50,sony np-f330,canon nb-2lh,sony np-fc11,sony np-fs11,jvc bn-vf707,sony np-f330,sony np-fm30
Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you have to back out the 2 coutersunk screws in the diff case before you can get the shocktower on.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Overseas Delivery

Hi, anybody know any shop that will send overseas? Really want one, but nobody seems to have them right now at my country.

A.W
Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Not track ready, but getting there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.