Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

guess i should have looked in the package I'm a dork haha ty
Old 03-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys, what shims do you use on your differentials to eliminate backlash? Do you also use any INSIDE the diff? If so, what size shims do I need, or Losi part number? I have been trying to find out, but I dont see it listed in the exploded view/ price list. Thanks!

BTW put 3/4 gallon on the 8 today, and dang so much fun, but it pushes halfway through the turn off power, and a little on power. Then after a BMX track owner let us run on his HUGE track. DANG these things FLY!!! Just glad I didnt break anything landing from 20 or so feet up!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Hey guys, what shims do you use on your differentials to eliminate backlash? Do you also use any INSIDE the diff? If so, what size shims do I need, or Losi part number? I have been trying to find out, but I dont see it listed in the exploded view/ price list. Thanks!

BTW put 3/4 gallon on the 8 today, and dang so much fun, but it pushes halfway through the turn off power, and a little on power. Then after a BMX track owner let us run on his HUGE track. DANG these things FLY!!! Just glad I didnt break anything landing from 20 or so feet up!
If you used the stock setup, that would be the reason for the push. Try out the setups posted for Amezcua, Drake, or Truhe. All three of those should aleviate the problem. I found the stock setup to push entirely too much, but once you move the hubs all the way back and change to the 3T/3A rear pivot block (along with some small suspension changes, ride height, and droop), you'll notice the buggy has a lot more off-power steering.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3

Use maximum droop in the front. It helps eliminate push during offpower steering on a tight track.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

On the warn chassis posted above, I have to agree with Aaron. I ran my Mugen chassis until you could shave with the rear edge and never noticed any difference at all in flex when I would finally replace it. I would bet if you take a caliper & measure the chassis thickness at the front of the rear diff case, it's the same as when new.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Stock setup to me doesn't push at all, on power... it's actually has too much on power steering. Off power steering isn't bad.... it pushes a little through the middle on some turns.

But in general my buddies and I think the stock setup needs tweaked for more off power and less on power...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I set it up as to Drakes Neo Buggy '06 setup sheet. Max droop in the front, a little less in the rear. I only get to drive on the weekends so Ill test more stuff out. I am changing to 5-5-2 (F-C-R) as the track is always rutted and loses quite a bit of traction in just 5-10 minutes as it dries out. Ill first test that, and go from there. I dont think it will be hard to dial out though, I do however want a compromise for high traction to very low traction. More so on the very low traction as I will already be in the "groove".
Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
Speaking of Portland, I'm going to be there visiting family for a week. What shop's are the ones to check out? Whats the race seen there? I will be there the 13th threw the 20th, and I'm thinking of bringing my 8IGHT with me..
The only indoor track is in Milwaukie, At AmainRaceway & Hometown Hobbies
But this track is very small and too tight IMO for an 1/8 scale.
There is CNC Reaceway up the Highway in Woodland WA. But he has closed his track for a little while, while he does some repair work to it.
Hope your visit is a good one.....
Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Eric you have a PM.

Originally Posted by GTB_USER_Erik
The only indoor track is in Milwaukie, At AmainRaceway & Hometown Hobbies
But this track is very small and too tight IMO for an 1/8 scale.
There is CNC Reaceway up the Highway in Woodland WA. But he has closed his track for a little while, while he does some repair work to it.
Hope your visit is a good one.....
Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stewart Fan
Eric you have a PM.
Stewart You have mail
Old 03-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Stewart? wernt you a member of REDFROG RC Club?????
Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran at Red Frog a few times but not a member. I am one of the regulars at C-n-C's and I help Chris with the hobby shop on race days.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Erik, Looks like the buggy will stay at home for this visit. Plan "B" now, Salmon and Crabbing off the OR Coast...

Does Amain Raceway & Hometown Hobbies and a good selection of merchandise? Is it worth a trip to check out. No Sale tax and all...

Last edited by Steve Walters; 03-12-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
Thanks Erik, Looks like the buggy will stay at home for this visit. Plan "B" now, Salmon and Crabbing off the OR Coast...

Does Amain Raceway & Hometown Hobbies and a good selection of merchandise? Is it worth a trip to check out. No Sale tax and all...
They have a fair selection of stuff. I personaly shop at 'Tammies Hobbies" in Beaverton, Huge selection

Hope this helps
Old 03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Quick question:

I'm rebuilding my 8 buggy diffs and noticed a difference between the
8B and 8T instructions. should i get ahold of the small shims which
are a new addition to the 8T for my 8B diff rebuild?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.