Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree46Likes

Team Associated RC8B4

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Derr429
Jason do you think the average sportsman racer will be able to tell a difference between the RC8B4 shock package and that of the new 4.1? Just don’t want to waste money upgrading to this if in the end it’s really not going to help.
I have yet to try the shorter tower and and shocks. So I can't say how small or big the change is going to be. Looking at the lengths of the shafts that Schelle is offering its about 3mm in shock body length (this is a complete guess, just doing the math based of the shafts we have been running vs what's going to come in the kit) Note also the lower towers will become more and more noticeable the higher the grip the track is, it may not be as noticeable to someone on a rough loamy track where as someone running on super high bite clay may say its the best thing since sliced bread.
If it were me looking to hit the high notes of the updated car, I would start with the 17mm out drives and the universals, new rear arms (may not hurt to pickup all the arms as it is going to be a new plastic) and then the new RWB chassis in that order.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Does anyone know the part numbers yet for the new RC8B4.1 upgrades. I wanted to compare upgrade my rc8B4 versus buy new rc8B4.1
Old 12-29-2023, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fpart
Does anyone know the part numbers yet for the new RC8B4.1 upgrades. I wanted to compare upgrade my rc8B4 versus buy new rc8B4.1
The info just dropped on the site!

https://img2.associatedelectrics.com...Parts-List.pdf
Old 12-29-2023, 10:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Funnily enough this very thing is being discussed in another thread. I'd say save your money and keep improving with your current kit until it breaks.
racing_jason likes this.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Jason where does the +1 steering blocks vs the +2 fall into the upgrade list?
Old 12-29-2023, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Jason where does the +1 steering blocks vs the +2 fall into the upgrade list?
That would be more of a driver preference deal. I will say as you move away from the +2 arm toward +1 and 0 I feel that you pick up front end 'grip'
Personally i would put it rather low on the list.

I say 'grip' as this has no actual effect on how much grip the car is producing its strictly changing your ackerman.
Derr429 likes this.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

its interesting the list doesn't include the 44/13 diff gears or ltc. I guess because they were options before the 4.1 was built.
Old 12-31-2023, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New suspension

If I wanted to upgrade just the .1 suspension, would I need the towers, shocks cases, and rear suspension arms?
Old 01-02-2024, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Jason I’m currently running just the box stock diff set up. What is the ideal set up as far as gearing goes for the diffs. I know fluid is going to be dependent on track conditions but I hear a good amount of talk about LTC gears and 44/13 ring and pinion and now it looks like maybe they have come out with a new spur gear to try. Also is it a good idea to try the same gearing in the ebuggy as the nitro buggy. Wasn’t sure what your take is on the gearing that would be a good starting point for the sportsman guys. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fpart
its interesting the list doesn't include the 44/13 diff gears or ltc. I guess because they were options before the 4.1 was built.
I'm thinking you are correct in the thought they were already part numbers in the system and weren't necessarily "new part numbers"

Originally Posted by MarcMadd
If I wanted to upgrade just the .1 suspension, would I need the towers, shocks cases, and rear suspension arms?
So for me I am only going to do the plastic update on my ebuggy (its my test mule most the time any way) so I ordered the following numbers 81636, 81637, 81638 and 81648 (Don't forget that last one for your rear swaybar). If you are staying with the medium arms they do have a new part number for the medium plastic rear arms (81639)
If you want to do the towers you will need the towers as well as the shock bodies to go along with it.

Jason I’m currently running just the box stock diff set up. What is the ideal set up as far as gearing goes for the diffs. I know fluid is going to be dependent on track conditions but I hear a good amount of talk about LTC gears and 44/13 ring and pinion and now it looks like maybe they have come out with a new spur gear to try. Also is it a good idea to try the same gearing in the ebuggy as the nitro buggy. Wasn’t sure what your take is on the gearing that would be a good starting point for the sportsman guys. Thanks for the help.
The most popular setup for diff gearing is as follows
44/13 front and rear ring and pinion (it does smooth the car out, but some may feel it goes to far which is why we now offer a 47t or a 48t spur gear)
LTC Front diff, HTC Center diff, and LTC Rear diff
Just because those are the most popular doesn't mean they are the best for YOU by any means. The ltc diffs are less likely to lock up (they remain open a large majority of the time which is why we run heavier oils in them) where as the htc diffs will lock up much sooner (less wandery if that's even a word )
These are my diff base lines with the 44/13 gearing.
(F-M-R order)
LTC 12.5k - HTC 8.5k - LTC 10K
or
HTC 8.5k - HTC 8.5k - 4k

Hope that clears up some things for all of you!

Happy New Year!
nitrous36, jeancc, Derr429 and 1 others like this.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone seen manual or instructions for the RC8B4.1 yet. I got some of the parts to upgrade my rc8b4 but had some questions that I would like to refer to the manual for.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

I havnt seen one yet I was hoping to look through it as well. It hasn’t been put up on associated’s web site.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

With the announcement of the B7 everything seems to be a little slow. The Team has a ton of things planned for the 40 years of RC10 this year and a lot of cool things coming (I think at least) so some of the pieces may be slow to get done. It should be up in the next couple of days i would think though.
Old 01-04-2024, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Its shipped now from amain btw.
racing_jason likes this.
Old 01-09-2024, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

With the new shorter shock bodies, it's possible that new shock springs will be annuonced soon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.