Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree46Likes

Team Associated RC8B4

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Team Associated RC8B4

Hi guys, I decided to open this post for this popular platform.
nitrous36 likes this.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default bladders

What membranes do you use apart from the standard ones with the original shock absorber caps?
Old 11-19-2023, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

there will be a successor soon, a replacement for the rc8b4
Guyon likes this.
Old 11-21-2023, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jeancc
What membranes do you use apart from the standard ones with the original shock absorber caps?
You have two options aside from the kit (Stiff) bladders,
Most opt for the emulsion-style bladders ( https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...p_seals_16_mm/ )
They do sell a softer option of a bladder that i would consider soft. ( https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...hock_bladders/ )

I personally opt for the emulsion style 90% of the time, bladder style the track would have to be really smooth for me to consider either the stiff or the soft options.

Hope this helps,
jeancc likes this.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Link to the new rc8b4.1

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/.../RC8B4.1/Team/
nitrous36 and racing_jason like this.
Old 12-13-2023, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peter.
Lot of small subtle updates here, definitely nice to see all the current setup stuff is included in the kit (LTC gears front and rear, universals and appropriate length out drives, machined pistons in the shocks), also note that along with the RWB chassis they have also done their best to lighten it up as well. The third hole option on the rear arm (if you haven't tried it) most of you will find you like it and makes the car a lot more forgiving. The new hubs should allow you obviously a lot of tuning options. You guys are going to love all the new updates!
nitrous36 likes this.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Rear arms

Can you use the 3 hole rear arms with the 4.0 version shock tower and shocks?
Old 12-13-2023, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Anyone got a parts list to update the 4 to the 4.1? Also curious which of these upgrades are the most important.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MarcMadd
Can you use the 3 hole rear arms with the 4.0 version shock tower and shocks?
You can absolutely use the new arms on the current platform, it's the same third hole you have seen drilled by people on the current cars arm

Originally Posted by Derr429
Anyone got a parts list to update the 4 to the 4.1? Also curious which of these upgrades are the most important.
Parts list should be coming shortly, as to which pieces are going to have the biggest impact that's kind of based on what you have done currently to the car. If you have a bone stock B4 I would recommend the universals along with the 17mm out drives, followed closely by the new rear arms and then the RWB chassis (you can get close to a similar weight distribution by adding weight to the rear of the chassis in front of the c block). That's just my opinion though, others may have a different priority. I know the new towers and shocks will be a pretty significant improvement as well but I have yet to test out the new package. Hope that answers some of your questions.
MarcMadd likes this.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks racing_jason that’s what I was looking for. I have almost new rc8b4 and was hoping to just upgrade instead of purchasing a whole new buggy. If you come
across the parts list that would be great thanks again for the help.
racing_jason likes this.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Wish this thread was more active. Hoping to run my buggy soon. Saving money for a motor.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrous36
Wish this thread was more active. Hoping to run my buggy soon. Saving money for a motor.
Maybe it’ll pick up after the holidays and closer to spring.
Old 12-18-2023, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrous36
What are you trying to find out? I can do my best to help ya where I can. The facebook group is very active (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1649673135262000/) and has help from just about the whole team. So if you have Facebook I recommend checking in there, but feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them here or get answers from the guys that do have the answers.
nitrous36 likes this.
Old 12-18-2023, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Any idea when the new arms and towers are supposed to be available to purchase? Already got the universals and out drives ordered up.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by racing_jason
What are you trying to find out? I can do my best to help ya where I can. The facebook group is very active (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1649673135262000/) and has help from just about the whole team. So if you have Facebook I recommend checking in there, but feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them here or get answers from the guys that do have the answers.
My main curiousity was how people were finding the performance of the standard B4 vs the new RWB chassis. Other than that, nothing in particular. I know about the facebook group and have viewed it. I just prefer forums, not a big facebook person. Prefer forums and just wish it had more activity like the old days.
petersen114, Derr429 and MarcMadd like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.