Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree521Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think when the drake left Tlr, that did a lot of damage. No other Pro driver puts in the effort to help people with setup and there kits as he did with the previous 8ights when he was with Tlr. Between him leaving, and innovative companies like tekno and the cool factor of the skinny chassis coming around and countless other factors, the 8ight and Tlr lost some of its fan base in my opinion. I’ve been out of racing for years untill this season and from what I’ve seen that’s how I feel, but I am still buying Tlr cars, just what I like and what I’ve had good luck with. I don’t care much to be following what the local tracks running, ive just always ran losi and don’t think much about what the other guys are doing haha. I ran tekno and associated for a bit, Both awesome buggies and truggys, and with probly better support( DRIVERS SETUP SHEETS ACTUALLY FILLED OUT) but I still went back to Tlr knowing they have lost a little love over the years. I just love there 8th scales, if I was racing 10th scale, I maybe would switch to tekno so I could run the new 10th scale truggy they made! Serpents chassis are becoming pretty common out here, where as a couple years ago they were almost unheard of at a race. Tlr needs to get a few good 8th scale guys back on board, but either way I’ll keep going back And I’m super excited for the new chassis!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:14 PM
am
Tech Master

I do understand the way oinadcr are thinking, but i think you are looking at it the wrong way. Like Toyota, not a big name in motorsport anymore, altough their Celica rallycars were very very good. But they sell 2 moast cars in teh world. Now, their rallyteam is back at it again winning.

The Losi cars are still the same as they have been and they are fast. They just do not use 100.000 of thounsends of dollars of the pro drivers anymore. And i think that is the right call. In the next ten years, you will see that thios will change in other teams also. Techno only got 1 big name in Lutz + the fast Italian. HB has Ronnefalk and one more i think but do not remeber his name. Kyosho had a very big team 10-15 years ago, but now it is a small team with Tebo and Boots and the Italien kid. t is just to expensive to run the big team like it were a few years ago.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, thanks for the input. Very good points from both!
Old 09-30-2018, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

yea the lack of the 8IGHT-X present at some of these major events leading up to the Worlds is a bit concerning, even more concerning no placement in the A-mains. Looks like they have a bit of a ways to go. Hopefully theres a show of force at the Worlds.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL!
slackinoff likes this.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just cause the car isn't winning yet doesn't mean it's not good, takes a while to get used to it and learn it and revise it. Also people left TLR cause cars are getting older I think, when they have new cars some might join TLR. Some drivers aren't as good as others, you give a really good driver the car and let them learn it and they'll probably win. I'm sure if you gave a final version of the x car to tessman maifield ronnnefaulk and let them practice with it and learn the car they'll win some big races. The really good guys will win with it, I'm not saying the guys they have now aren't good but also some people are more etablished nitro racers then others. Probably after the x cars are out people will join TLR but Like said above companies don't like to have big teams and pay a lot. If you check Reno Savoya he posts his setups on his site and Facebook for races.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

The new car has to be better than the one it replaces.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:33 AM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
The new car has to be better than the one it replaces.
Well, it is plenty of examples that it is not always the case:

Mugen MbX6-Mbx7. Faster yes-to difficult to drive for alot of us.
Mp9 TKI 4- TKI 3 is faster and easier to drive.

So- how do you define "better"?
Old 10-03-2018, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by am
Well, it is plenty of examples that it is not always the case:

Mugen MbX6-Mbx7. Faster yes-to difficult to drive for alot of us.
Mp9 TKI 4- TKI 3 is faster and easier to drive.

So- how do you define "better"?
Less compromises made on the design, for example a more consistent brake setup or shocks. Suspension geometry that works in a wide range of conditions, etc...
Old 10-03-2018, 11:03 AM
am
Tech Master

But why is that better? You do not defeine better-just what you would have like to be altered. What are the goals to make something "better"? And, who will be the judge of what is better or worse? The factory, avarge user or the pros?

Is better: easyer to maintain? Easyer to drive faster laptimes? easier on tires so your 45 minutes will result in a better total time? etc...
Old 10-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

It always comes down to personally preference. I've heard some people run some older cars cause there just more used to it and faster with it. The only way you will know is to compare them side by side with the same engine and or electronics on the same day in same conditions and another day in other conditions. It's always kinda a give and take just gotta find what fits your driving, gotta test stuff out and see what you like. Some people i know have bought a new car in another brand and hated it and sold it right away
Old 10-04-2018, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

As I've said, less compromises make a better car. If the new car doesn't have fix issues the old car had then no need to redesign it.

​​​The old car wasn't that bad, it needed to be different on some things...
Old 10-04-2018, 10:52 PM
am
Tech Master

It does not... Thats what we have seen with the first edition JQ f. eks. Very very fast on some tracks because of less compromise and inside the box thinking. Its the right compromises that makes a car better or greater or whatever..
Old 10-05-2018, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

I do have the very first jq car edition. Same issue the old 8 had but different end, but there was another issue with the 8 that was almost fixed on the 3.0 that made the main issue even worse, no need to write it again everybody knows what it is.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Being able to change / rebuild diffs without removing the front or rear Clip will be a huge improvment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.