Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Late Models

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Our first late model race of the season was great. They are fun cars to race and the set-up and a good charge on the battery seems to be the key as they are essentially identical cars. Lots of caster and spring adjustment, but they handle great when set up. The right front tire looks like it will be good for about 3 weekends of racing (depending on your set-up) as mine wore down pretty good. The 17 tooth gear was a good fit for speed and also not getting the motor too hot. Hopefully we can continue to get people to come out and support this class. I know there are a lot of these cars out there...just need to get them to the track.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Saturday mini late model racing

Garrett Racing will be there this saturday with his Mopar mini ate model.
Lets see if we can get more. Also lets see if we can get some mini sliders out also.

Bmainer #3
:t ire:
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

TeamSok will be there with 2 mini LM
Old 11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry guys Jeremy and me will not be there Sat. have to go to funeral in Northern Minnesota will be back next Sat. for sure. Have fun.
Tom Sokoloski
Old 11-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

I will also not be racing Saturday. Hope to be back next week. Looks like the late models may need a bye-week. What great racing in this class last week. Extremely fun and realistic racing!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Six cars today, hopefully the numbers keep building.

Congrats to Chad Harrill on the win!!

Tim Ski
Old 11-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Great racing today guys. Hope to see more guys out next week. Where is Nick Corbin? This is really a fun class!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by bharrill; 02-23-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

3.77 sec lap is what i ran on Sat. with my stock motor and 1400 mah batt. that i bought a year ago.

My car is all stock to the bone. what is left of it. car broken in half on the last lap and drove across the line one foot for the win. (priceless)

Its more about the setup than the motor or batt.

1400 batt.
stock motor
15 pinion
stock shocks
no ball diff.
just stock.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

as far as the rules have not changed, that I know of. The three of us that ran the brushless lipo setup was running the same speed as the box stock guys. Which is the intent of changing to the brushless lipo without having to buy a motor every week. all brushless systems were the 6000kv motors.

the 3.77 lap for craig was in a sprint car and you know the capt can setup a car so there is a big difference in speed. We are planning making the brushless/lipo cars run the same speed as the stock guys w/o all the work.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

One other thing, Racing the mini late model last week was probably the most fun that I have had in a long time and I am not trying to scare off anyone by running the brushless/lipo setup.

I looked at your lap times from the previous week and they were about the same speed I ran last weekend.

I have a hard time buying motors every weekend at $20 a pop when I can buy a losi brushless system for a $100 buck that includes speedo and motor. Then the lipo battery situation, if you buy 2 1500 packs for 20 bucks each, then they will need replaced in short amout of time, the lipo is only $45 and no worries.

Hopefully this clears things up, if not then I guess we should outlaw the other non losi motor as well.

Hopefully see you Sat.
B
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies guys. My only concern is that this is really our only entry level/fun class for oval in my opinion. I really feel that it is a shame what happened with the slider class last year. I just want to see the rules that were in place at the beginning of the season be the rules that are in place at the end of the season. I know the justification for the lipo/brushless combo and the durability of it and I completely agree. My concern is for the class in general and not for where my car finishes (or maybe doesn't finish). If we want to bring in new people with a "box stock" class that is what we need to do. We can't tell someone that is buying a car here are the rules, then after they buy everything they go to the track and find out that everyone is running something different. I guess if the lipo/brushless is allowed then just change the posted rules.

I guess if no one else thinks that is an issue then I will just let it go. My only concern is for the success and longevity of this class.

This is such a great class where you can just have fun racing. It is not a full time job setting up the car and performing maintenance. The racing is realistic and competitive. Cars are moving in and out of the groove, changing lines in and out of the corners, and flat out having fun. I think one race Garrett and I changed the lead about 10 times. It is a blast! Just don't want this to go the way that the sliders did.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

From previous post: "Hopefully this clears things up, if not then I guess we should outlaw the other non losi motor as well."

what other non-losi motors are people using?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Craig Maline wins another a-main feature with his revived sprint car. Seems that once a sprint is totalled it somehow turns into a late model.
Stock Motor and 1400 batteries...
Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

1/18 LOSI Late Model Spec: Box Stock/Losi Parts Only, max 1600mah NiMh batteries, open pinion, LOSI Slider Late Model Conv legal, Format: 50 lap qual/ 75 lap main

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.