Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Late Models

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys for the help and info today. I had loads of fun even if i broke 3 bulk heads, bent dogbone, blown tires, and a busted shock. I am looking forward at running some shows in a few weeks. I will be rebuilding and going to throw some kind of setup and go from there. Once again, Thanks for the help and info.
Never knew I could have that much fun and breaking stuff LMAO

Before racing

After Racing
Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Late model racing 09

It sure is nice to see a lot of new racers out with new cars and those that are looking at getting new cars. Welcome to all the out of town guys showing up to race & have fun with us.

It was talked about today at the plex that the ones running brushless & lipo batterys will run separate class then the stock late models. So bharrill
STOP trying to cause problems . As for the other motor BMullins was talking about was the black can motor that was in your car that is not a stock motor. Yes it is a losi motor but not stock. SO if you plan on running it in 09, plan on changing it or step up with the big dogs and run late model open or stock just like they come out of the box.
I've been holding back on this and was going to talk to you at the track about this, but you seen to not show up and choose the trash talk it online, Step up and show up and race and speak your mind or keep it quiet here online. We that show up and race are having a great time and lot's of fun, so we don't need people like you to ruin the fun we are having.
Let's all try to get along and have fun and let the ones that like to go fast and add hop ups to there cars run a open class and the ones that want to run stock. If there so happens to not be enough to split the classes the run them all together and score the in the separate classes for the point series.
Ok I've said enoght so lets work this all out and keep having fun.
Bmainer#3
Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The thing that I've noticed the last few weeks is that all the mini late model racers aren't crashing near as much, thus lap times go higher.

Which is cool to watch because there are so many.

I also notice that this is by far the best year of oval racing we've ever had at the plex. Everyone racing mini has a smile on their face at one point or another.

I also think it's funny that the person who won the last two weeks was running a stock brushed motor and last year's batteries.

Go figure.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default Last years car

Fro boy nice way to say that it's not all brushless , battery & motors. Yes it is craigs last year stuff but he did run a very limited schedule last year. My hat is off to him for bringing the old car back from retierment and trying ti convert it to a latemodel. Congrads to Craig it was fun racing with you in 08. Now 09 is around the corner we hope to see you and many other out joining all of us at the plex having fun with the mini latmodels.

Bmainer#3
Old 12-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Merry Christmas to everyone. Just wanted to say thanks for making racing fun again. Its nice to not having to have everything perfect to compete against the NINJA, however his counter part Craig is still putting a whooping on us.

BHarrill sorry I pissed you off and scared you away, you missed some awesome 11 car Amains.

I sent Tim some rules from checkerd Flag race way to create a Crate Late Model class so hopefully that will elminate some of this B.S.

Later
B

Last edited by B mullins; 12-22-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last edited by bharrill; 02-23-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default It's a hobby and it's for fun

It's a hobby and it's for fun
Thats about all I have to say. The world has to many rules As for the plex and any other track they are guidelines. If you what rule we should be racing for big money. This is a hobby and for fun.
HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE BACK IN 09 FOR SOME GOOD FUN RACING.
Merry Christmas to all & to all a good day.

Bmainer#3
Mike Garrett
Old 12-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

"the rules should be held to until there is a rules meeting and they are officially changed."

I agree with you, and I guess I should have waited to started racing brushless until 09'.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

It's over...it's done. As I have state before I had no issue with any driver or any person. Just a concern for the overall process of the rules changes. I hope to be back at some point and want to thank everybody for all of the fun we have racing on Saturdays. Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and relaxing holiday season. Like Mike said, this is just for fun and a hobby. I wish everyone would not have taken my concerns as a personal criticism, I was just looking for consistency in the class.

Garrett, were you offering to let me test drive one of your brushless systems? That Open class sounds like fun.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I remember when i was out there racing someone to lower my car but was wondering what to use to lower it? I was looking at fuel line, but its to large to let the oil and piston to work right. I am doing a dry shock setup with the stock ones cause i noticed pulling apart the car after saturday i have a bad shock body.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default shock limiters

If you buy the upgraded Mini Late Model threaded shock, they include o-ring spacers to limit the travel of the shocks.

we used fuel tubing in the mini sliders last year and it seemed to work just fine.

otherwise, just go buy the rc18 shock rebuild kit, there are little red o-ring spacers in there that will work perfectly
Old 01-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Looks like Tim posted the new rules on the Plex home page. Now there is 2 classes for mini's.....
Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

We had a great day of racing last week with a lot of close and competitive racing. Looking forward to another great race day tomorrow.

Hopefully more people will continue to come out and race their late models!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Well i got the next 2 saturdays off, WOOHOO. Time to see if i can drive better than the first time i raced. Sorry haven't been out there lately, works sucks, weather, and losing our main car on xmas, i have been tied up for awhile, now its time to play, heck might even buy a new r/c this weekend.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Great racing today everyone. Remember even though next week is a regional race Tim said he is still running the LM's with them also for the regionals so everyone show up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.