R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nebraska/Iowa Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing-76/)
-   -   Mini Late Models (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing/233735-mini-late-models.html)

bharrill 07-24-2008 09:26 AM

Mini Late Models

Who is planning on running this class in the fall? This should be a really fun class and hopefully large car counts. I can't wait for oval season to start.:nod:

oxymoron 07-24-2008 09:47 AM

between all the sliders and lm's there oughta be a lot of winter indoor oval action

FroBoy 07-24-2008 11:06 AM

I'll have one.

Cory B 07-24-2008 03:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
HOLY SMOKES!!!

I just saw this and had to share

NEW Losi 1/10 slider!!:D:D:D:D

Check it out!!

HobbyPLEX 07-24-2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cory B (Post 4671057)
HOLY SMOKES!!!

I just saw this and had to share

NEW Losi 1/10 slider!!:D:D:D:D

Check it out!!

We definately need to have a dirt oval next year!!:D:D

Tim Ski

bharrill 07-24-2008 08:48 PM

I am willing to help with building the dirt oval. We need a dirt oval! There has to be a way to incorporate an oval into the perimeter of the off-road track.;)

ODB 07-24-2008 10:29 PM

One vote for a old tyme figure 8 track so we can see who lifts.:lol:

FroBoy 07-24-2008 10:43 PM

Yeah, but no, on the cutting in, or configuring a dirt oval somewhere on the offroad. I've seen that tried and failed before.

A dirt oval would have to be a seperate entity, but there isn't any more space around the Hobbyplex. Maybe we can work something out someday, but right now is not the time.

Heavy B 07-25-2008 06:34 AM

Yeah!!! 1/10th Sprinters are back. I wonder how this new car would compete against my XXXCR as a sprinter. I still have my sprint car body with Custom Works wing.

huskerfreak 07-25-2008 02:11 PM

This may sound strange since we did have a dirt oval that no one raced on that we ended up replacing with the nicest on road track in the midwest but, I was tossing around the idea of taking our off road track iand making it into a dirt oval next spring.

I know that I will hear some oposition on this and it would need to be voted on by the club but I just think that it is a loosing battle trying to compete with Omaha when it comes to having two off road tracks.

Furthermore with the resurgence of dirt oval this might be the best route for us to go here in Lincoln.

Please don't read this thinking that we won't make a killer track for the pro series race because we still will be. This something that I have been thinking about just recently. It has not even been discussed tell now and it wouldn't happen untill next season if it did. Just a thought that I was having. I think that it would be great to see all types of rc be ran here in Nebraska. Plus if we made one good enough we would be able to say that Nebraska has the best on road, off road, carpet track and dirt oval all within a 50 mile radius.

Jamee

Cory B 07-25-2008 03:28 PM

Racing dirt oval under the lights would be AWESOME!!!!:D

FroBoy 07-25-2008 04:01 PM

Friday night under the lights at the Lincoln Dirt Oval sure sounds like a good idea.

Losi 1/8th scale late model?
Losi 1/10 scale sprint?
Losi 1/18th scale late model?

Three classes for me for sure. Something different, something else to do on a friday night every once in a while...

Didn't Lincoln have a huge dirt oval population at one time?

Jamee may have just had an epiphany.

HobbyPLEX 07-25-2008 05:09 PM

OK Alex, do you want the odd or the even weeks.:D

My XX Sprint car is sitting on the shelf waiting for some dirt!!:nod:

Tim Ski

FroBoy 07-25-2008 05:43 PM

Even!

huskerfreak 07-25-2008 06:42 PM

Sure does sound like a win win situation doesn't it? I think that there is a real resurgence of dirt oval.

It seems that everything comes back around first the truggy than 10th scale pan cars now dirt oval.

I was watching some 8th scale late models on you tube they were pretty awsome to watch. That and they make 10th scale bodies for sedans.

Also people with inferno gt's can race them on the oval as well. I wish I thought of this in the spring.

Will see how this develop's stay tuned!!