Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree396Likes

Tekno MT410

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:41 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm sorry, I'm in France and I can't find a translation or a equivalence..
Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just finished my first MT410 and put a Tekin T8 2050kv motor. On it pilot run the motor is extremely hot. Running a 16 tooth pinion and 3.8 Proline trencher tires. I didn't get a temp reading on the motor but I am afraid the motor is too small for such a large truck, any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewood810
I just finished my first MT410 and put a Tekin T8 2050kv motor. On it pilot run the motor is extremely hot. Running a 16 tooth pinion and 3.8 Proline trencher tires. I didn't get a temp reading on the motor but I am afraid the motor is too small for such a large truck, any help would be appreciated.
Eh. I think I'm running a T8 2200kv with an RX8 (G2) with a 16t and 3.8's (dBoots Backflips) with no problems. I'll double check the kv and pinion count when I get home today. I was checking temps on this setup last summer and I was in the 130-140d range.

What's "extremely hot" to you? Obviously, as we get towards the 160-180d mark, bad things can start to happen. Do you have a heatsink/fan?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Micah78
Wouldn't you think that rocks would just get stuck between the diff/chassis and then ruin the aluminum diff cup? At least when that happens with the stock plastic cup it's dirt cheap to replace. Not to mention if you have a gear failure inside the diff cup it will be near impossible to wash/clean the metal flakes out of the aluminum diff cup before putting new gears in it. The reason I say this is because I've never been able to find a solvent that can clean silicone diff oil out of the cup. I've tried cleaning the silver diff oil out of a used diff cup and it was impossible. The only way I've found to have fresh clean oil for a diff rebuild is to replace the plastic cup. That could get expensive with the fancy aluminum cups.

The larger part of why I want the is to have a bigger volume of fluid in the diff because I'm getting some really high temps on my center diff.
I'm also hoping that the harder surface lets the rocks slide out of the space instead of the rock biting into the plastic and holding it there.

I'm not too worried about gear failure in the Tekno. Not that it can't happen, but it seems pretty rare. I also have a shop full of solvents and a parts cleaner, so I hope I have something to clean them out.
I agree, I have just replaced the diff cups in my Kraton/Senton when I had failure, but that seems to be from broken diff pins and not gear failure.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Steel_Rain
Eh. I think I'm running a T8 2200kv with an RX8 (G2) with a 16t and 3.8's (dBoots Backflips) with no problems. I'll double check the kv and pinion count when I get home today. I was checking temps on this setup last summer and I was in the 130-140d range.

What's "extremely hot" to you? Obviously, as we get towards the 160-180d mark, bad things can start to happen. Do you have a heatsink/fan?
Not sure what the temp was but I could feel the heat radiating out of the body when I shut it down. I plan on running it again when it gets a little warmer and I can check the temps then. I didn't think the motor was too small. But I also do not want to blow it up either.

Also at this time I am not running a fan or heat sink. I can look into that if it is necessary.

Last edited by ewood810; 01-15-2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: forgotten items
Old 01-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Micah78
I'm not saying the 7075 cup isn't tough. What I'm saying is that if a rock gets wedged in there it will still gouge the outside of the cup. I'm sure it would still be useable but it would look like crap! I still haven't found anything that will clean silicone oil either. A poster in this thread mentions " essence f ", but I have no idea what he's talking about. I've tried every solvent I know of. Brake cleaner, carb cleaner, ether (starter fluid), gasoline, you name it. I asked local racers at my LHS what the magic solvent would be to clean the silicone oil out of my diff cups and they told me they knew of nothing that worked. They told me when the gears fail to just replace the cup. I even started a thread on RCTECH years ago asking this question and got basically the same response.
Really ! Wow I’ve been using white sprit for years and it works a treat
Old 01-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I drive on BMX and MX tracks which have very rocky terrain. This is the stock case.

And this is the aluminum Fioroni case.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation MT410 future along with upgrades

Spoke with Tekno yesterday and asked them if there will be any upgrades and/or changes to the MT410....their response " We do not have any plans for upgrades for the MT at this time. Maybe some time in the future, but as for now, it seems to be a rock solid platform"
Old 01-16-2018, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by 0verkill
I drive on BMX and MX tracks which have very rocky terrain. This is the stock case.

And this is the aluminum Fioroni case.

How do you think the new M2C Racing HD cases will hold up?
Old 01-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Somebody needs to go get their hearing checked to not hear that inference in drivetrain noise. Either that or having too much fun running which I am all for.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Haha, the rock chewing threw the plastic case is quiet compared to the noisy spur and pinion gear screaming close by.
Plus, I can ignore a lot when having too much fun.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

maybe I am showing my inexperience but wouldn't a dusty motors cover be a much cheaper way to keep the small rocks away from your diff cups? I get the aluminum ones look pretty, I just can wrap my head around the cost of them.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vettehigh
How do you think the new M2C Racing HD cases will hold up?
The same.

Originally Posted by ewood810
maybe I am showing my inexperience but wouldn't a dusty motors cover be a much cheaper way to keep the small rocks away from your diff cups? I get the aluminum ones look pretty, I just can wrap my head around the cost of them.
The aluminum durability is one of many benefits. The biggest benefit is the case holds twice as much fluid and will run A LOT cooler.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cooler temps on top of extra fluid capacity is a win-win

500 weight will break down in a typical diff and just like engine oil
With heat viscosity diminish’s the fluid from 500 to like 200 weight..

I have popped a diff off before opened it up and it literally poured out like motor oil
I have a custom aluminum housing now in it and it’s gloopy after a run now so there is benefits and value.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got it. Having more fluid makes sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.