Search
Like Tree396Likes

Tekno MT410

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jauntyfedora
This suggests that it will be discontinued then, once supply runs out?
Hard to say. Tekno seems to keep a lid on new releases, even when pressed to comment on the future of a chassis. When people were asking about a new SCT, the impression people were getting is that the SCT410.3 was probably not going to go away and that a new SCT was not on the horizon and then one day a new Tekno SCT arrived and the 410.3 went away. I have yet to run my MT410, so I cannot comment on it's durability, but from what I've read as long as you use it as intended and don't run it into solid objects the chances of it breaking are slim. Another great thing about the MT410, outside of the servo arm and spur, it does not in any way need upgrades. I was going to build something using a Traxxas of some sort, but when I ran the numbers, the Tekno was cheaper. Teknos in general seem to be built to handle a lot of abuse and I can say from experience it's the nicest kit I've ever built, it was pure joy. If they were to release a new version the only thing I could possibly see it being is a LWB version or an MT based on their new SCT.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 06-25-2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ended up biting the bullet and buying the MT410 kit. So far got the back end put together as I only have time to build 1-2 times a week. But while i was shopping for esc/motor I came across someone selling a used MT410 ARTR (no Rx, no body) with the Tekin Gen3 4038 2000kv combo i wanted and a bunch of upgrades including some from T-Bone which are no longer available. So I''ve driven that once to test it out. On 4S this thing flies, even at half throttle on a pack at storage voltage it's a beast. Previous owner had it on 17T i think the motor/batt temps might benefit from 16 or 15T instead. Got some 3S coming to tame the beast.

Not sure if i plan to cannibalize one kit for the other or just bash the used chassis, or consider a truggy conversion, but nice to have backups in case the kit is retired. Picked up an EB48 body i plan to velcro on as an underbody as well as the F-250 Supercab Racerback MT body from JConcepts, both were on sale. The ARTR came with the retired Pro-Line Shockwaves, they seem decent and very cushy but looking forward to trying something more nimble like a Backflip LP 4S or truggy tire.