Like Tree396Likes

Tekno MT410

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by vettehigh
Present potential buyers for the MT410, they all seem to be outta stock
I believe Fierce RC has 1 in stock

http://www.fiercercsolutions.com/TKR5603MT410-1-10th-Electric-44-Pro-Monster-Truck-Kit-TKR5603.htm

Make sure to use discount code
Old 11-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I really like those old-style Ford pick up bodies. I'm glad you have 'before' pics of them.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tekno rubicon
Anyone try out Gorilla string? Stuff is amazing for strapping tires.

Gorilla string is amazing stuff for strapping tires
WIch break strength Gorilla string do you use? Would using (dyneema) kite-lines be an option?

I use Louise RC (Duratrax) tyres/wheels on both my Losis, they just balloon a little, but not so much as Pro-line tyres. However i want to try Pro-line Mashers in the future.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wesleyroy
WIch break strength Gorilla string do you use? Would using (dyneema) kite-lines be an option?

I use Louise RC (Duratrax) tyres/wheels on both my Losis, they just balloon a little, but not so much as Pro-line tyres. However i want to try Pro-line Mashers in the future.
80lb Gorilla sting. It's in the fishing section at walmart. It's lil over $20 but I haven't broke any yet and theses tires get used weekly. I use 2 constant loops and use witch ever decent knot u can tie. I do have a certain way I tie mine but don't know the technical name for it. Well worth the money.
wesleyroy likes this.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rydaddy
Is there a specific knot you use to keep the line from losing tension while you tie it?
Yes but I don't know the technical name for it. I wrap the tire to get the size the cut sting and tie it off the tire then put it on. Much easier than trying to tie it on tire. We run on really rocky gravel and I don't have any sign of wear on the string.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is my rear gearbox big bearing modification (8x16x4).

Machined front side, uses 8x16x4 bearing.

Machined rear side, uses 8x16x4 bearing.

The stock pinion bearings are 5x13x4, that's too small for me

Steel bushing, 5x8x8mm

She's ready to run! I ended up pressing in the steel bushing with a vice on each side of the bearing, it's not moving and is rock solid. Everything spins smooth, ready to rock & roll 👍

bootbox and YoEddy like this.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Tekno rubicon, your his/hers basher MT410's look awesome and ready for a bashing!! I'm diggin the retro ford body choice and trimming on them! Really like those paddle tires too i've never tried a set.

Originally Posted by 0verkill
This is my rear gearbox big bearing modification (8x16x4).

Machined front side, uses 8x16x4 bearing.
Impressive machining Overkill, those larger output bearings definitely look BEEFY! You have a shop yourself? Were you blowing through those bearings or just a part you wanted to try and improve?
Old 11-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by 3500ltz
Tekno rubicon, your his/hers basher MT410's look awesome and ready for a bashing!! I'm diggin the retro ford body choice and trimming on them! Really like those paddle tires too i've never tried a set.

Impressive machining Overkill, those larger output bearings definitely look BEEFY! You have a shop yourself? Were you blowing through those bearings or just a part you wanted to try and improve?
I see Overkill has this done on both the MT410 and ET48?
Old 11-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

These things are easily the most sturdy RC I've ever owned, but nothing is foolproof. Here's the aftermath of a head on collision with an immovable object at full speed

I hit a 1ft tall ring of bricks around the base of a tree at the edge of a dirt road I was hauling down. Worst possible timing too, it happened right before the weekend's perfect weather.

I had a ton of spare parts stockpiled, just none of the ones I needed It does look like all the parts will be here today, slim chance I'll be able to get it fixed up and get a run in by the time it gets dark though.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bootbox
These things are easily the most sturdy RC I've ever owned, but nothing is foolproof. Here's the aftermath of a head on collision with an immovable object at full speed

I hit a 1ft tall ring of bricks around the base of a tree at the edge of a dirt road I was hauling down. Worst possible timing too, it happened right before the weekend's perfect weather.

I had a ton of spare parts stockpiled, just none of the ones I needed It does look like all the parts will be here today, slim chance I'll be able to get it fixed up and get a run in by the time it gets dark though.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3500ltz
Thanks. I don't own a shop, I had this done at my friends machine shop. This is an area that I wanted to improve upon.

Originally Posted by vettehigh
I see Overkill has this done on both the MT410 and ET48?
This is for my ET48, they all use the same gearbox.

Do you have a T-Bone bumper? If not, now may be a good time
Old 11-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Quick few question that I know have a few answers....

Intended use will be bashing.. from street, high bite, to grass fields, tracks of course and everything in between. Mainly on 4s. Wheels racer to 3.8s.

Thinking 2000kv? or CC 2200kv?

Diff setup? 70/70/50

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fullpull
Quick few question that I know have a few answers....

Intended use will be bashing.. from street, high bite, to grass fields, tracks of course and everything in between. Mainly on 4s. Wheels racer to 3.8s.

Thinking 2000kv? or CC 2200kv?

Diff setup? 70/70/50

Thanks.
Got the info, think I'll have both motors just to be safe.

T8 2000kv and CC 2200kv .

Great builds everyone!

I'm hooked.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 0verkill
Do you have a T-Bone bumper? If not, now may be a good time
Good idea. Which version is sturdier I wonder, the basher or the scale MT style?
Old 11-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Good idea. Which version is sturdier I wonder, the basher or the scale MT style?
I use their 57017 and 57021

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.