Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree396Likes

Tekno MT410

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Tech Initiate

So i'm having an issue with my front diff case. Not sure if its an issue, or just normal. but when i tighten the screws TKR1333 on page 11 of the manual the diff gets a bit grindy and choppy. When i pull it all apart, the diff feels smooth. Once i tighten down those screws, it gets a bit grindy. Any ideas ?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sully_
So i'm having an issue with my front diff case. Not sure if its an issue, or just normal. but when i tighten the screws TKR1333 on page 11 of the manual the diff gets a bit grindy and choppy. When i pull it all apart, the diff feels smooth. Once i tighten down those screws, it gets a bit grindy. Any ideas ?
Do you have it all built yet, wheels on etc, and you're turning the wheels in opposite directions to feel the diff working, or are you just building it now, wheels not on yet, and you're spinning the outdrives with the pinion input?

I don't see what tightening the diff case screws would do to the operation of the diff internals, so I assume it's the second situation. Do you have any shims installed (TKR1222 on page 6 marked as optional) behind the outdrives? If so make sure they're installed properly and not mangled by being pinched in the case while it was closing. If they're not all bent up, try taking them out and trying it like that. On a brand new build you don't always need those shims because things are still tight. I didn't put mine in until the second time I rebuilt my diffs.
Sully_ likes this.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bootbox
Do you have it all built yet, wheels on etc, and you're turning the wheels in opposite directions to feel the diff working, or are you just building it now, wheels not on yet, and you're spinning the outdrives with the pinion input?

I don't see what tightening the diff case screws would do to the operation of the diff internals, so I assume it's the second situation. Do you have any shims installed (TKR1222 on page 6 marked as optional) behind the outdrives? If so make sure they're installed properly and not mangled by being pinched in the case while it was closing. If they're not all bent up, try taking them out and trying it like that. On a brand new build you don't always need those shims because things are still tight. I didn't put mine in until the second time I rebuilt my diffs.
Im in the process of building. I initially didn't install any shims as i didn't think there was enough play to worry about it, i guess i was wrong. I ended up having to put 2 shims on the opposite side of the gear front and back and that seems to have fixed the issue. FOR NOW . we'll see how it goes when i run it. I almost mangled the shims putting them in , but all seems smooth now. I will be ordering new shims for sure. Thanks for the response , i'll keep you updated on how it goes.
bootbox likes this.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im putting my kit together too and i have a question. When i put the diffs in the bulkheads and tighten down the screws with the shock tower on. All 4 screws are towards the top during this step and the bottom of the diff case doesnt have any screws and it slightly pulls apart?? Is this normal and will correct itself once i have it put together because the bottom of the bulkhead will have more hardware attached and in turn keep the bulkhead pushed together??

Also when i spin my diffs by the out drives or input gear they seem to be smooth but they are a little noisey, is this normal??

Sorry if i sound like a newb but this is my first kit and just want to be extra sure im doing this right. I have followed all the directions to the T. So hopefully it goes well....
Old 11-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NevWeezy
Is this normal and will correct itself once i have it put together because the bottom of the bulkhead will have more hardware attached and in turn keep the bulkhead pushed together??
Yeah that's normal, the bottom of the diff case doesn't get pulled tight until you put in the long screws on page 11 (TKR1333).

Also when i spin my diffs by the out drives or input gear they seem to be smooth but they are a little noisey, is this normal??
Sounds like the same thing Sully was talking about, you may try to experiment with the TKR1222 shims from page 6 as well. Try it first with just one shim on the side behind the crown gear to make it mesh tighter with the pinion. Also make sure you close the diff case really carefully since the shims are so fragile and they like to get caught up in there.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah that's normal, the bottom of the diff case doesn't get pulled tight until you put in the long screws on page 11 (TKR1333).

Sounds like the same thing Sully was talking about, you may try to experiment with the TKR1222 shims from page 6 as well. Try it first with just one shim on the side behind the crown gear to make it mesh tighter with the pinion. Also make sure you close the diff case really carefully since the shims are so fragile and they like to get caught up in there.
Ok i will try to add shims, the diffs turn freely and seem to just be a little noisey. They are not perfectly smooth when i turn them by hand. But i will give the shims a shot.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok guys i added shims to the opposite side of the ring gear and now they are buttery smooth. Thanks guys.

One more question, on the front end it suggests 64mm for the camber links. With the camber links screwed all the way in im getting 66mm and thats about as small as they will go. Im afraid if i screw them in anymore they will strip. Any suggestions ???
Old 11-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

The threaded part can go inside the rod end quite a bit, no worries. Mine are set to 64mm with no issues. I also don't think 2mm difference in the link length will make a noticeable difference in the handling on a monster truck though, so either way you're fine in my opinion.
NevWeezy likes this.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Gents, have a MT410 coming from A-Main... I have a Kraton and wanted something better than an Outcast, hence the MT410... That said, I still (sorry no flames, please) still like the “wing thing” so I ordered an ET48 body and wing mount. That shouldn’t be an issue, but concerned about the fit of the ET body knowing that it’s about 2” longer. Main issue looks to be appropriate mounting of front body posts.

I thought I read that someone has successfully made a short wheelbase “ET48” out of the MT410, but thought I’d kick it out there for input. Also, the pictures back then were all friggin Photobucket (can’t believe they killed millions of informational pictures)...

Reason I want to do this is to have a short wheelbase ET and I like the ideal of a wing being an easily replaced item in the event of repeated tail landings. I had a T-Bone basher bumper on order, but cancelled it for now.

Ideally, let me see some pictures of truggified MT’s. Tithe the ET body for inspiration and what was necessary to properly mount the body. Thanks!!!!
Old 11-27-2017, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Need opinions, please. 1550kv motor on 6s power: what’s a good starting point for pinion gear size?

I’ve been running 2000kv on 4s with a 17 tooth gear successfully, but decided to give 6s a try for lower temps and sheer joy.

Thanks much.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

New 410 owner in the house! Have a Kraton, wanted a high quality alternative to the Outcast... Ordered a T-Bone basher rear bumper as it appears the tail takes a beating on the shorty wheelbase. Anyone have the basher rear bumper, how is it holding up?
Old 11-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just got my MT410 built a week ago and just waiting on the power system. I had got a Tekin combo but had to send it back for an exchange becuase something was loose inside the motor. Here is a pic of the MT410 and the Tbone front and rear bumpers i got and have not installed yet for it. I didnt get the basher bumpers but the newer style ones they have... Here are a few pics.

And i ended up getting a Tekno sweater because it was on sale for $20 and who cant use a pullover...

nismoflip, bootbox and Budki like this.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

What can length and KV are MT410 owners liking in regards to strictly running 4s?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just got my MT410 built a week ago and just waiting on the power system. I had got a Tekin combo but had to send it back for an exchange becuase something was loose inside the motor. Here is a pic of the MT410 and the Tbone front and rear bumpers i got and have not installed yet for it. I didnt get the basher bumpers but the newer style ones they have... Here are a few pics.

Do yourself a favor and save that BA looking Chevy body and ditch the garbage rear bumper for the TBR.

TBR spoiler alert on the new Tekno MT410.1 coming out. It's now called a MT411.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cmbscx10
Do yourself a favor and save that BA looking Chevy body and ditch the garbage rear bumper for the TBR.

TBR spoiler alert on the new Tekno MT410.1 coming out. It's now called a MT411.
Yeah im gonna put the TBR rear and front bumpers on. Just have not got around to it yet. I wanna save the Chevy body but its the only body i have so itll have to get beat up...

As far as the MT411, i noticed that too and had to take a second look. Gave me a good laugh. Must be a typo unless you know something i dont know Unless there is a new MT410.1 coming out??? Mind totally f***ed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.