Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree396Likes

Tekno MT410

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So a single diff case should be around $45. That's a pretty good price. It took a lot of work to develop these. They hold twice as much fluid as the stock case all while using the stock components.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0verkill
So a single diff case should be around $45. That's a pretty good price. It took a lot of work to develop these. They hold twice as much fluid as the stock case all while using the stock components.
Figured that...paying for the development. I'll spring for 3
Old 01-13-2018, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default DIY MT410 rear brace and ESC top plate - 1717

Hey guys, been a long time!

Got a little update on my MT410 I'd like to share as inspiration for others. I was never really satisfied with my 4076-1700kv Racerstar motor and really wanted to use a 1717 motor in my MT410. Got some inspiration myself from here and here to make my own CF rear brace and ESC top plate. My designs are attached as PDF to this post, feel free to use, modify, etc. (beware it's on A4 sized paper, make sure you print it out without scaling for those of you across the pond that use Letter sized paper). I used 3.2 mm CF plate.

Gearing is 22/45 (Losi HD diff), for no-load wheel-speed of 63-67 mph on 139 mm truggy, or 149 mm Badland (3.8) tires. Could be a bit higher than needed, but if necessary, I think I can go down to at least 20/45 if I shave down some of the fins of the motor on the position of the mid brace.

Cheers!

1717 requires 4 mm mount-screws

Templates for my DNX8/Talion cross-over and MT410; Proxxon KS-230 with 28012 diamond blade for easy straight (outside) cuts on the outside. Inside shapes done by hand with dremel.

50x50 mm 24 VDC fan mounted to old ESC plate and powered through low-voltage alarm's connector.

Tower brace from 12 mm Polyoxymethylene (POM) rod.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MT410 rear brace - top plate.pdf (170.9 KB, 170 views)
Old 01-13-2018, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice work Dr T.
Dr_T likes this.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr_T
Hey guys, been a long time!

Excellent! You wouldn't happen to have some dimensions to go with those prints would you? Especially hole to hole measurements!
Old 01-14-2018, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Originally Posted by 0verkill
Has there ever been an MT410 owner who has damaged all 3 diff cases? If I go all out and get these, is the cost (for all 3) worth it in the long run? It's a damn cool upgrade, but just how necessary??
Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I will be getting the center diff because mine runs super hot and I have had rocks get stuck between the diff/chassis and chew up a good portion of the plastic diff case.

@DR. T that was a very interesting paint job on the MT410 that inspired your ESC mount.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stewdog
I will be getting the center diff because mine runs super hot and I have had rocks get stuck between the diff/chassis and chew up a good portion of the plastic diff case.

@DR. T that was a very interesting paint job on the MT410 that inspired your ESC mount.
I guy I speak to on another forum who has an MT410 told me it takes him 5 minutes or so to remove each diff case...it that possible in that short of time?
Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rydaddy
Excellent! You wouldn't happen to have some dimensions to go with those prints would you? Especially hole to hole measurements!
My drawings are in MS Viso (I know... amateur ). If you open the attached file in Visio, you'll find all the dimensions in the properties of the shapes.

Hope that helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip
rydaddy likes this.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr_T
My drawings are in MS Viso (I know... amateur ). If you open the attached file in Visio, you'll find all the dimensions in the properties of the shapes.

Hope that helps!
Got it. I will look into that. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

The watermelon rat rod? Yeah, that was pretty ugly .
Old 01-14-2018, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wouldn't you think that rocks would just get stuck between the diff/chassis and then ruin the aluminum diff cup? At least when that happens with the stock plastic cup it's dirt cheap to replace. Not to mention if you have a gear failure inside the diff cup it will be near impossible to wash/clean the metal flakes out of the aluminum diff cup before putting new gears in it. The reason I say this is because I've never been able to find a solvent that can clean silicone diff oil out of the cup. I've tried cleaning the silver diff oil out of a used diff cup and it was impossible. The only way I've found to have fresh clean oil for a diff rebuild is to replace the plastic cup. That could get expensive with the fancy aluminum cups.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Micah78
Wouldn't you think that rocks would just get stuck between the diff/chassis and then ruin the aluminum diff cup? At least when that happens with the stock plastic cup it's dirt cheap to replace. Not to mention if you have a gear failure inside the diff cup it will be near impossible to wash/clean the metal flakes out of the aluminum diff cup before putting new gears in it. The reason I say this is because I've never been able to find a solvent that can clean silicone diff oil out of the cup. I've tried cleaning the silver diff oil out of a used diff cup and it was impossible. The only way I've found to have fresh clean oil for a diff rebuild is to replace the plastic cup. That could get expensive with the fancy aluminum cups.
The diffs are made from 7075 T6 aircraft aluminum and hard anodized for maximum wear life...how tough is that?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't know how you call this but I use "Essence F" for cleaning silicone oil, and it works nicely
Old 01-15-2018, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vettehigh
The diffs are made from 7075 T6 aircraft aluminum and hard anodized for maximum wear life...how tough is that?
I'm not saying the 7075 cup isn't tough. What I'm saying is that if a rock gets wedged in there it will still gouge the outside of the cup. I'm sure it would still be useable but it would look like crap! I still haven't found anything that will clean silicone oil either. A poster in this thread mentions " essence f ", but I have no idea what he's talking about. I've tried every solvent I know of. Brake cleaner, carb cleaner, ether (starter fluid), gasoline, you name it. I asked local racers at my LHS what the magic solvent would be to clean the silicone oil out of my diff cups and they told me they knew of nothing that worked. They told me when the gears fail to just replace the cup. I even started a thread on RCTECH years ago asking this question and got basically the same response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.