Search

New losi 1/5 monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New losi 1/5 monster truck

1/5 monster XL.

I like it, hope an electric one followes.

Trout
http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...dID=LOS05009T2
Old 04-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I really do not understand the thinking of the RC companies that put out vehicles in nitro/gas only.

1) The vast majority of people in the USA (and I would assume throughout the world) do not live in an area where nitro sounds and fumes are welcome. And a good portion of the country you are not legally allowed to run them.

2) They perform worse than electric.

Not one person I know will buy this truck. But the Xmaxx is selling great around here. This truck could be a top seller if they would put in a proper electric motor. Instead it will be a failure. Which is too bad, because it looks great other than the gas engine.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

i think this monster truck triy to look like the real version on the only independant suspension monster truck ( Google it )
which is exactly as ugly as this one !!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It sure looks that way werner sline. And yeah it's ugly, but in a good way I guess - as I kinda like it lol.
5th scale gassers though aren't really of my interests.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If this truck was only available in electric....I wouldn't be interested. There are plenty of urban RCer's out here who are not against fuel powered stuff. My local shop has already taken pre-orders for 6 of these (not including mine).
Old 04-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I am an urban rc'er but don't think I would be into a 1/5 scale electric. My running areas for a truck of the size and noise would be limited but I enjoy the long run times and ease of tuning a gasoline engine vs the cost of large capacity lipos

Plus we are getting to the point with voltage and amps were they can be pretty dangerous.

I cannot deny the performance of today's brushless system. Far superior in my opinion.

The body is a little more stadium truck than monster truck.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

My nitro LST2's can hang with any flashlight on 4S. And put 6S in and diffs start exploding.

Nitro is awesome, if you have half a clue how to run one.. Electrics are lacking compared to cars with real engines, just like with real cars..

Geeze.. This new Losi thing really is butt ugly..
Old 04-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied
If this truck was only available in electric....I wouldn't be interested. There are plenty of urban RCer's out here who are not against fuel powered stuff. My local shop has already taken pre-orders for 6 of these (not including mine).
same here............and I like the mt look
Old 04-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
My nitro LST2's can hang with any flashlight on 4S. And put 6S in and diffs start exploding.

Nitro is awesome, if you have half a clue how to run one.. Electrics are lacking compared to cars with real engines, just like with real cars..

Geeze.. This new Losi thing really is butt ugly..

Setting aside the performance, cost and ease of use of electric vs nitro for a second.

The main issue with this truck is none of those things. It is that you literally cannot use them in most areas. Virtually all publicly and privately owned land in the US will not allow the use of fuel RCs. You can't just go to a park and run them. And the problem is even worse for a vehicle this big. There will be very few public areas big enough for a truck like this, and almost none that would allow the noise and smoke coming from it.

So you can run it on your own property then, right?
Possibly. Most places that have an HOA will not allow the use of nitro/gas RC. If you have neighbors it is unlikely that they are going to appreciate it either. It is too big for residential streets, and would require a very large yard.

This truck might be good if you live out in the middle of nowhere on a ranch but for the majority of the US population they will have no place to actually drive it.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

The main problem for 1:5th scale brushless for me still remains the cost of batterys, and the drive time.
You will need some good 5000mah or more 40C or more LiPo's, and you need two to drive for about 10 minutes.
I just do not have that money, I am already happy that I can afford only one 6S 5000mah 45C Gens Ace LiPo
Old 04-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Sort of agree

Originally Posted by MaxxGabriel
Setting aside the performance, cost and ease of use of electric vs nitro for a second.

The main issue with this truck is none of those things. It is that you literally cannot use them in most areas. Virtually all publicly and privately owned land in the US will not allow the use of fuel RCs. You can't just go to a park and run them. And the problem is even worse for a vehicle this big. There will be very few public areas big enough for a truck like this, and almost none that would allow the noise and smoke coming from it.

Possibly. Most places that have an HOA will not allow the use of nitro/gas RC. If you have neighbors it is unlikely that they are going to appreciate it either. It is too big for residential streets, and would require a very large yard.

This truck might be good if you live out in the middle of nowhere on a ranch but for the majority of the US population they will have no place to actually drive it.
Most of the United States is not urban. Any your right you probably are not going to impulse buy a rc toy that's over a grand.

I used to live in Texas had both a hpi baja buggy and the sc.

Moved to Southern California and barely use them. Traded the 5b kept the 5sc still don't use it that much but still love it.

The size and the noise is why I would buy this. Is it practical? Absolutely not, but I don't think that is the point of this vehicle.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MaxxGabriel

You're way overstating how hard it is(both to run them and find a place),and how strict. I live in a city and find places to run. This is a hobby too, not a video game. Guys have been flying big planes (gas and nitro too..) for decades, and it's a given you have to go to a special place to do it. You also can't surf in your front yard. An 8s 5th scale brushless MT also probably shouldn't be run in your front yard, OR on the street in front of your house at 60mph..
Old 04-09-2016, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

I have to agree with the people that say that this is on the ugly side. But maybe with the popularity of the X Maxx and now this bodies for large scale trucks will be easier to find. As far as the cost of Lipos to run it, I consider that a one time purchase. Sure gas or nitro would be cheaper right now but over the long haul if you properly care for your lipos you may recoup the cost if you run the truck often enough. Not to mention that those same Lipos can be used in other vehicles.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

In such high amp applications I am not sure if LiPo's are a one time purchase.
After about 100 charges I think the punch will be out of it?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After about 100 tanks doesn't that gas motor need some work/replacement too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.