Wiki Posts
Search

New xxl2e owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default New xxl2e owner

Bought it 11 days ago.
It's awesome. Can't charge the batts fast enough.

I bought a diaster last month. Cause it looked fun and cool. It just breaks the driveline. Terrible junk. So I got this.
It's awesome. Might get another xxl2e for the kid, or a ten scte. Depends on him.
Iam sure I'll have questions about losi. I'll post here along with upgrades- changes - or problems.
Did I mention it's awesome!
Thanks everyone allready.
Didn't research the diaster, but I did this one.
Xxl2e is awesome.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Glad you are loving it. I agree fully. Mine has been a blast, super reliable. I bought a ton of parts on dollar hobbyz, full front and rear arms hubs, spindles, axels, clutch assembly, shock towers, shock shafts, you name it. Haven't used one spare part yet! The wheelie bar is long gone, that was a terrible design, but who needs it. Congrats on your new truck.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Yup my wheelie didn't last long either.
Any luck finding a rear bumper.
I checked the paperwork and the rear bumper is the same part number as front.
A little confusing there
Old 04-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 47yok
Yup my wheelie didn't last long either.
Any luck finding a rear bumper.
I checked the paperwork and the rear bumper is the same part number as front.
A little confusing there
Front and rear bumper are sold as a set not separately.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

It's a great truck! Everytime I've driven my savages and goes back to the lst I'am amazed how much bettr it handles. I even tried to build a well handling savage but it just does not compare.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yep bumpers are hard to find. I've had two sets on order for three weeks, back ordered everywhere. Not sure why.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys check ebay for bumpers .
Old 04-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by traxxas fan
Hey guys check ebay for bumpers .
Thanks. Ordered them.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

I just want to say this forum is very helpful.
Thanks to everyone. I will try and pass it on to my 12 yr old at some point.

I back tracked some pages today and found the thread on shimming the diff. Very well done. If I can figure out how I want to print it out. The kid will need it and me to.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Today I got my new charger. Protek prodigy 67 quad. It's really nice but a little lacking on instructions. Got it programed for balance charge and storage and decharge.
The one that I haven't figured out yet is the memory set.
The feature comes up but nothing in manuel about it.
No biggie though I just triple check setting before pressing start.

Also Amain Hobby is great to deal with. I'm returning some unopened parts from the diaster. Liking there service.
Great job.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

So far on my xxl2e the only problems have been small. 2 set screws on rear driveshaft. Caught it in time. Thanks to cmbscx10 for that.
Other is I get sticks going up under chassis and tearing the boot around cv at rear pinion. Happened again tonight. I'll heat shrink it again tomorrow.
Could use a shield there I guess. Might be time to put my thinking cap on and make a shield.

Other than that- it's a blast.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Glad your loving it! Yes that thread is very helpful. I shimmed my diffs, and replaced pins with hpi pins, and put fluid in diffs to make them viscous diffs. Blue locktite all grub screws, and your good to go. I just finished another pack tonight jumping and bashing. No issues still. JVM_Colorado has some great write ups on this truck. There is also a Facebook page. I wasn't on Facebook, but made fake name so I could join the group, it's good too.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 47yok
Other is I get sticks going up under chassis and tearing the boot around cv at rear pinion. Happened again tonight. I'll heat shrink it again tomorrow.
Could use a shield there I guess. Might be time to put my thinking cap on and make a shield.
Losi used to have an optional HD Rear Skid Plate that helped with this problem. The leading edge was bent up, helped close the area and keep the rear skid from getting caught on anything. It's been long discontinued and hard to find but a few have made their own. Not hard to do and I've considered doing it but finding the time is another story.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Your right there. Always tough finding the time for stuff like that.
The best part is though it only takes 15 minutes or so. Thanks to losi's nice engineering.
Figuring out the new charger takes waaaay longer. Lol.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Overdriven
Losi used to have an optional HD Rear Skid Plate that helped with this problem. The leading edge was bent up, helped close the area and keep the rear skid from getting caught on anything. It's been long discontinued and hard to find but a few have made their own. Not hard to do and I've considered doing it but finding the time is another story.
I think Losi should re-release some of their old tires and alu stuff like the hd plates. I cna't see how an already designed product can cost very much to keep in production?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.