New xxl2e owner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New xxl2e owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Tonight I did my first diff service on the rear one.
Yesterday I noticed it was loud or screaming some. So I took a look. Found my heatshrink cut off the rear diff input. Also some play in the pinion bearings. I thought ohh no. Hear we go again.
Took it apart tonight with the good thoughts of it only being the bearings.
To my surprise it was only the bearings.
Everything else looked good. Even the side gear drive pins weren't broken.
So I had new bearings the correct size. Got them from avidrc. Put them in the diff after cleaning it. They fit really good.
Put it back together and checked it. All shims back where they came out. Turns very nicely. Not extra play but not to tight.
Finished it up and ran a pack thru it. Nice and quiet.

Compared to the diaster- this losi is a pleasure to service.
Loving losi!
Old 04-14-2016, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes, it's so nice to work on. Did you fill with diff fluid? That helps too if you haven't done that, also upgrade the pins in the diff. To HPI diff pins, much stronger, the part number is #Z260. 2.5x12mm. Other than one shock shaft I haven't broke anything....and my part wall is proof, look at all the Dollar Hobbyz bags that haven't been used yet! Lol
Attached Thumbnails New xxl2e owner-image.jpg  
Old 04-14-2016, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

You should sqeeze a CD in that truck I had zero diff, slipper pad or pin problems. The magic of a CD
Old 04-15-2016, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trout74
Yes, it's so nice to work on. Did you fill with diff fluid? That helps too if you haven't done that, also upgrade the pins in the diff. To HPI diff pins, much stronger, the part number is #Z260. 2.5x12mm. Other than one shock shaft I haven't broke anything....and my part wall is proof, look at all the Dollar Hobbyz bags that haven't been used yet! Lol
Yeah kinda panicked yesterday. Cause of the previous rc bad diffs. I got parts coming for the xxl2e now. But I will be easier. I can set 2 diffs up and ready to swap in.
I did fill with fluid. Got the hpi pins coming to. Found that number to on here. Today when I get home I'm replace wheel bearings. Got a lot of play in them. Been running it too much. Lol. The water, mud and dirt hasn't helped.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by themanwithnonam
You should sqeeze a CD in that truck I had zero diff, slipper pad or pin problems. The magic of a CD
I skimmed thru your build yesterday. Your truck is really nice. I would to get that truck body and paint it. The cd you installed I found really interesting. Going to read it closer at somepiont. I really liked having motor and cd lower in chassis.
Nice job doing all that.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 47yok
I skimmed thru your build yesterday. Your truck is really nice. I would to get that truck body and paint it. The cd you installed I found really interesting. Going to read it closer at somepiont. I really liked having motor and cd lower in chassis.
Nice job doing all that.
Glad you liked it! I've had a hassle with my savage trucks. Burning slippers and rounding out hexes inside the wheels on bad landings. All of these can of course be remedied in different ways. but if figured a CD helps so many thing in one go.
- rounding of hexes
- burning slippers
- diff problems
- calms the wheelies down a bit. (not on 6s really)

I also have CD in my two electric savage trucks. fitting a CD is another hassle
Old 04-15-2016, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah kinda panicked yesterday. Cause of the previous rc bad diffs. I got parts coming for the xxl2e now. But I will be easier. I can set 2 diffs up and ready to swap in.
I did fill with fluid. Got the hpi pins coming to. Found that number to on here. Today when I get home I'm replace wheel bearings. Got a lot of play in them. Been running it too much. Lol. The water, mud and dirt hasn't helped.
Stock wheel bearings? Or did you find some nice after market ones? Mine have some play too.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

The stock ones are in it yet. But after a month of running it thru everything it's expected.
I have rubber sealed bearings from avidrc. Going to put them in this afternoon.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Replaced all the wheel bearings today. I used rubber sealed bearings from avid. I removed the seal on 1 side. Put some grease in the hub between bearings. Noticed I need some 8mm I'd shims to remove the end play.
Charged a set of batts and ran it.
Nice and quiet. Like new.
Really enjoying this xxl2e.
Every change I make the truck responds. Weather it's bearings or shock oil or spring tension. It responds. Losi made a pretty darn good truck here.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Replaced all the wheel bearings today. I used rubber sealed bearings from avid. I removed the seal on 1 side. Put some grease in the hub between bearings. Noticed I need some 8mm I'd shims to remove the end play.
Charged a set of batts and ran it.
Nice and quiet. Like new.
Really enjoying this xxl2e.
Every change I make the truck responds. Weather it's bearings or shock oil or spring tension. It responds. Losi made a pretty darn good truck here.
Couldn't agree more, my mileage has mirrored yours. One change I did, just to try out different tires, was to do the 17mm hex conversion and then got some badlands tires. A bit smaller than the monster truck tires, but holy mackerel! It went from monster truck crusher, to very athletic, less wheelie, much more stable. Almost race like. Not that one is better than the other, just different. It's cool to be able to Change the characteristics, like you said, with a simple change.

Glad your loving it.

Trout
Old 04-16-2016, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Trout, can you fit 2 4s in that battery tray? been trying to find the inside dimension on those

thanks
Old 04-16-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by serafin
Hey Trout, can you fit 2 4s in that battery tray? been trying to find the inside dimension on those

thanks
Short answer, yes. Long answer, there is a "step" in the battery box, but if you run the batteries up and down and not flat I can fit 2 of my batteries in. Here are some pictures.

Won't work this way, but you can see what batteries I have, great battery, I run them in all my rc's. I must have a dozen or more, only had one with a bad cell in years.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

But will work this way, but the back battery will not be flush with the front battery, but you can strap it all in.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Hey trout those work pretty good then.
I would like to a different tire. I have dirt track near me. Would like to find a tire with better bite.

Are you using the 24th motor gear?

How much smaller are the badlands?
Old 04-16-2016, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes 24t pinion, but I think a 26t would be better. That conversion opens up your tire selection big time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.