steering link
axle
upper shock mount bolt
original thrust bearing
pins in the diffs
stock wheelie bar

did a 3/32 piano wire for a new steering link - brilliant thanks Yok
this required heat to bend but was very easy

fast eddy carries thrust bearings that are much more substantial. i believe in the losi engineering and wanted to keep as stock as possible. when i switched the slipper quit loosening. there is no loctite.

t-bone rear bumper and wheelie bar is great

this is easily the best monster truck that i have ever owned
Old 06-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

No credit here for the piano wire. Found it posted here someplace and made a note for myself.
Just passing it on.
2 questions for ya.
Could post a pic of the t-bone rear bumper?
And what thrust bearing are you referring to?
Old 06-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

You can bend the piano wire without heat. Put mine in vice to bend 90 degrees. If you heat it to much you anneal it. Better to bend it cold.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

thank you. my LHS told me i would have to heat and bend. metallurgy is pretty far from my formal training so i just took their word for it. it does work beautifully. i am sure that you are right about the annealing. it is blue where i bent it. the piece is pretty long so i guess i will make another. part of the fun!

i can't post links and pics yet but if you go to fasteddybearings and search 3 x 8mm thrust bearing you should be able to find them pretty quick. it is not my idea either. i read the forum here last year and it was in there. the slipper was an immediate problem. i ruined the stock one before i had a chance to ruin my slipper pads.
the t bone racing website could be a little more explicit about how the wheelie bar goes with the bumper. if you look up t bone racing you will find the site. these LST bumper fits but you will need a stock rear bumper to use it. there is a monster truck wheelie bar. it fits on the bumper that goes with the t-bone LST bumper. i think that it is universal.

i just took a look. there are grooved washers for both sides of the thrust bearing. they won't both fit. i placed the part with the fully caged balls against the large washer followed by the grooved washer then spring then nut. i believe that the thrust bearing is there to make the slipper setting more forgiving.

Last edited by huckleberry; 06-12-2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason: incomplete information
Old 06-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info.
I haven't had my slipper or trans apart yet. That's why I didn't understand the thrust bearing part.

Just got done hanging a new tree stand. Now it's time to check 2 cams. Then home and charge batts.
Woohoo. Run em hard.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 47yok
Thanks for the info.
I haven't had my slipper or trans apart yet. That's why I didn't understand the thrust bearing part.

Just got done hanging a new tree stand. Now it's time to check 2 cams. Then home and charge batts.
Woohoo. Run em hard.
I'm a big bow hunter as well, here in Iowa we hang stands in August and set cams in sept. Awaiting the rut, curious why you hang stands and cams in June?
Here is my dads buck last year, dad always manages a bigger deer than me.
Trout
Attached Thumbnails New xxl2e owner-image.jpeg  
Old 07-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Losi XXL 2e

Originally Posted by 47yok
So far on my xxl2e the only problems have been small. 2 set screws on rear driveshaft. Caught it in time. Thanks to cmbscx10 for that.
Other is I get sticks going up under chassis and tearing the boot around cv at rear pinion. Happened again tonight. I'll heat shrink it again tomorrow.
Could use a shield there I guess. Might be time to put my thinking cap on and make a shield.

Other than that- it's a blast.
I noticed as soon as I pulled mine out of the box that it needed bash guards badly.!!! Someone said they used to make them. Guess I'll have to make them
Old 07-10-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trout74
I'm a big bow hunter as well, here in Iowa we hang stands in August and set cams in sept. Awaiting the rut, curious why you hang stands and cams in June?
Here is my dads buck last year, dad always manages a bigger deer than me.
Trout

Congrats to your dad. Great deer.
My hunting tactics have changed. Mostly because of the neighbors. There are about 15 bowhunters around my landlords property. They make a lot of mistakes and just educate the deer. Plus tresspassing is a way of hunting in PA. No enforcement either. Took me 3 yrs to get it stopped. I started trying to use the neighbors to my advantage. For the last 4 yrs it's worked. I also do all the shooting lane and trail trimming in may and june. The deer around here are very smart. I also hang stands very high up.
My best stand is 36 ft to the platform. But I'm not picked off. It's very different hunting out here than where you are.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Here's the first decent buck I got here. From 2012 season. Heaviest one so far. 195 field dressed out.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

This is one of 4 decent bucks this year. If I'm lucky I'll get him right where he is standing in that pic. I sit on the ground by a fence post trying to look like a bush. Did it 2 yrs ago.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks good, yeah I presume you have much more pressure than we do, more deer, but more people. Our deer are heavier for sure, different habitat and a lot of food growing everywhere( can you say cornfields in every direction). Bow hunting in the rut is pure adrenaline rush no matter where you hunt.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Why do you feel the need to kill such such beautiful animals? If you want meat go to the supermarket.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blueboar
Why do you feel the need to kill such such beautiful animals? If you want meat go to the supermarket.
So as long as somebody else kills a steer and puts it in the supermarket. Your ok with it. What a idiot.
Go away.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Man, I couldn't agree more. The hipocracy
Old 07-31-2016, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trout74
Man, I couldn't agree more. The hipocracy
Yeah.
As he is putting on his nice leather dress shoes and fancy leather belt.
It's a shame people don't history anymore. Of how this country came to be.
Anyhoo.
The shimmed diffs are working excellent in the losi. It's been a month of running them. I might take them apart this week and clean out the grease and fluid. There has to be some junk in there by now.
I set them up tight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.