Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

Losi XXL2-E

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First rip out with the LST. and I was able to get a few backflips of of her. Would have been easier with a proper jump and if I had been running my 5S set up. But the snow bank, and 4S got it done.

I have to say I am very impressed with the stock tires in the snow. They performed a lot better than I thought they would have, even in the deeper snow.

First back flip

https://youtu.be/I4Mishicl8c

Second back flip

https://youtu.be/se8h3LWw6_8

Just a ripping around video.

https://youtu.be/STzajfG4tt0

Last edited by Wicked; 01-21-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice!
Old 01-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jmv_colorado
Anyone else experiencing this amount of tire wobble?

I even tried a second set of “new” take offs I have. Same result. The truck visibly wobbles when driving at low speed on the ground too, like the tires are lumpy or have flat spots or something. The truck seems to run fine, just lumpy at low speed. Probably doesn’t help stability at high speeds either, but it’s hard to tell. Seems like the rubber itself is not perfectly circular and as a result, isn’t balanced.

I didn’t think much of it until I saw someone else's video and how smooth his truck seems on the bench. I took the tires off and ran the truck bare and everything seems okay. It’s easy to tell that a couple of the drive shafts/axles aren’t perfect, but that shouldn’t really affect the tires and I haven’t really crashed the truck yet since it’s only really been driven on snow since I got it.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/152350716" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Video link in case you can’t see it above: https://vimeo.com/152350716

Mine did the same thing (especially the front) when I first ran it but after a 1/2 dozen full speed street runs with a 6s where the tires really distort from centrifugal force it went away.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm buying parts today, pretty much got an entire new truck minus electronics and motor from dollar hobbyz, that place is awesome. But I can't find the blue anodized shock caps. I ordered 1 from stormer hobbies, that was all they had. Every other place I've looked and searched for say discontinued or back ordered. Anyone know where to buy three more?

Thanks,
Trout
Old 01-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

I posted in the rookie forums about my first run and what lovey cat did to the truck though I didn't get many responses and thought I asked here..

I'm going to replace the front bumper, rear wheelie bar, and stock springs. For the springs I was going to get RC Raven. what bumper and wheelie do you recommend? Also, I was going to place lights on it to run at night, I have seen others do it though I don't know what type they use or if they recommend it..if I can jeer others experiences or recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shoewrecky
I posted in the rookie forums about my first run and what lovey cat did to the truck though I didn't get many responses and thought I asked here..

I'm going to replace the front bumper, rear wheelie bar, and stock springs. For the springs I was going to get RC Raven. what bumper and wheelie do you recommend? Also, I was going to place lights on it to run at night, I have seen others do it though I don't know what type they use or if they recommend it..if I can jeer others experiences or recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.
Send a PM to ovrclkd he did some sweet lights on his, I bet he could help you with light recommendations. Look back in the thread a bit and jmv_colorado made a very professional looking and nicely detailed post as a " how to" to make an economical and functional wheelie bar.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trout74
Send a PM to ovrclkd he did some sweet lights on his, I bet he could help you with light recommendations. Look back in the thread a bit and jmv_colorado made a very professional looking and nicely detailed post as a " how to" to make an economical and functional wheelie bar.

Thanks, I saw that and thought about doing it.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

For the bumper I would go for stock, there are not many other options.
Don't go with an aluminium one, that will transfer the force of the impact to the bulkheads, which are harder to replace.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ruudxd
For the bumper I would go for stock, there are not many other options.
Don't go with an aluminium one, that will transfer the force of the impact to the bulkheads, which are harder to replace.
Never though about it, thanks..if that is the wouldn't it apply to other parts in the vehicle and if so why make aluminum then?
Old 01-23-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shoewrecky
Never though about it, thanks..if that is the wouldn't it apply to other parts in the vehicle and if so why make aluminum then?
Aluminum is very strong, but has different properties than plastic. Aluminum parts do not deflect/flex like plastic, so it transfers the impact energy to the next part it's attached to. So you can attach aluminum to aluminum, or plastic to aluminum, but generally not aluminum to plastic (in order of what receives impact first).

So on impact, a plastic bumper will flex a ton (and bounce back to shape, thereby absorbing energy from the impact), transferring minimal energy to the chassis/bulkhead. An aluminum bumper won't flex. It will transfer almost the full energy of the impact through itself to the attachment point... the chassis/bulkhead... which is plastic and now more likely to break.

The other issue with aluminum parts, is that on severe impact, it will permanently bend.

So aluminum is great, if used sporadically and strategically to increase strength in high stress structural areas, but without unwittingly decreasing durability.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I m working on making some Alu / titanium bulk heads.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Even with aluminium bulkheads, I would use the stock bumper.
Like jmv_colorado said, the force will be transferred to the next weak point.
Which may be the screws?
I only like aluminium knuckles, to keep the driveline nice and strudy, bulkheads can be aluminium to, altho I do not have problems with the stock ones, A-Arms I change to RPM when they break.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone developed a skid/cover plate that covers the servos on the bottom in the front? I saw a guy on UltimateRC mentioned he built a plastic cover for the servos, but no photo.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

The Losi HD front skid covers the servos. Exactly why I would recommend it..
Old 01-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=ruudxd;14357490]That is an unusual size, for what do you need that?
Maybe this helps?

They have other thicknesses to.
Or these?

Thank you. Just trying to get the diffs shimmed correctly. I appreciate the links. The problem is everyone is sold out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.