Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Hellfire Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by dave r
Thanks Steven for the imput.JUST ran tank 2-3-4 yesterday man the brake in setting is very rich got 3/4 turns in on top and it is better but not thair yet....
no prob man

yeah our guy's was really rich also,once he tuned it it was very nice but the nubs made a huge difference in performance.

been hearing some mixed results about this kit but from everything ive seen so far i like it.

good luck getting yours broke in and change the swiss cheese servo

steven
Old 02-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like the HPI HellFire body will be available soon (in clear) so we are not all running the same HellFire pre-painted body

Also, optional wing kit should be available soon as well.

Lastly, we have a whole line of high-performance option parts soon to be released for the HellFire

Steve Wang
Attached Thumbnails HPI Hellfire Truck-tfire.jpg  
Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

HPI has a hell of an R&D department.......4 kits released within months of each other and already they are planning on getting hop-ups out the door (along with the usual line-up of new hop-ups they usually release). they do it every year too cant wait till summer when a new version comes out (thats just me guessing when they will do it)
Old 02-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Shock towers are weak need to upgrade asap
Old 02-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

dracy69 i agree hpi is insane their new cars and trucks just coming out like crazy.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Steven i have already put a servo in and should be getting my carbon-fiber today .shocktowers and raido tray.It is cold here in ohio so i will have to finish the brakein in doors...
Old 02-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Steve wang that is a sweeeeet body were can i get one.Please tell me.........
Old 02-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

HPI will be releasing the stock body for the hellfire in clear so you can give it your own paintjob.....
Old 02-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Steven i have already put a servo in and should be getting my carbon-fiber today .shocktowers and raido tray.It is cold here in ohio so i will have to finish the brakein in doors...
nice!!!

our member "cary" put in a hitec Ti servo in his and loves it,did notice the bent tower the other day though

looks like it will be a good vehicle for him though,so far i would say hes given it a lickin and she's still tickin so they musta done something right

will keep you updated on his progress
Old 02-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Champion

Steve wang that is a sweeeeet body were can i get one.Please tell me.........
Hi dave,

I believe that's actually the paint scheme of HPI driver Mr. Thad Gardner. Spare bodies (clear ones) should be available soon.

We have the following parts that is due to release in about 1-2 weeks time:

Graphite upperdeck (more details and pictures soon )
Graphite Center Bulkhead Brace
Graphite Steering bellcrank plate
Graphite brake discs

we also have more parts coming in the future

Steve Wang
www.speedtechnitro.com
Old 02-07-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks steve i just put all carbon fiber on mine shocktowers radioplate center plate.I got the 5th tank in last-night 1-1/4 IN ON TOP it is starting to come around.......
Old 02-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

SO what is bad about the shock mounts? I have literally beat the crap out of this thing and see no signs of bending\braking. If you all could only have seen what I put this poor truck through the last race day you all would probly want one. I had so many hard hits (trying to figure out how to take new jumps). Some hits even include sliding into a brick wall at the end of the straight like 4-5 times. I'm very happy with the durablility of the truck. I had to throw some setup on it as our track was changed and they put a few good sized jumps in. In stock form the truck just didn't get much air on the jumps. But I fixed that with a few quick changes
Old 02-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LosiSuperTruck
SO what is bad about the shock mounts? I have literally beat the crap out of this thing and see no signs of bending\braking. If you all could only have seen what I put this poor truck through the last race day you all would probly want one. I had so many hard hits (trying to figure out how to take new jumps). Some hits even include sliding into a brick wall at the end of the straight like 4-5 times. I'm very happy with the durablility of the truck. I had to throw some setup on it as our track was changed and they put a few good sized jumps in. In stock form the truck just didn't get much air on the jumps. But I fixed that with a few quick changes
as with everything new you will have people saying good and bad things about it,a buddy of mine knows a guy who reviews them for a website his take?

total piece of crap,said the only good thing about it was the motor

while i dont agree with that statement i can understand where hes coming from,I had an LST when they first hit and yeah i had some issues but nothing no where near as bad as what i was hearing on forums about it.

this is a clean sheet design and anyone buying it thinking it was going to be perfect out of the box will be sorely disappointed.but there is alot to work with here i think they are on the right track with it.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Initiate

I have been in the rc hobby for 22-years and back in the days you have to spend a ton of money to get something to hook up on the track.And today things are so advanced there is going to be bad things but the kits are a lot better today then thay were. So i can take the good with the bad......
Old 02-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

I have been in the rc hobby for 22-years and back in the days you have to spend a ton of money to get something to hook up on the track.And today things are so advanced there is going to be bad things but the kits are a lot better today then thay were. So i can take the good with the bad......
i havent been into it as long as you but i understand exactly what you are saying

i started 2 years ago with a tmaxx then a savage thats when i started racing,think back to when that was compared to now

3300 were the hot ticket
tmaxx was king(followed by the savage)
synth was the new "era"
truggies were homemade

i have friends that have been it it longer and laugh when i mention this and i get it,about a year ago things started changing RTR's were becoming more and more raceable the LST,REVO and now savageX the hellfire.

i would much rather be doing this now then back then,but one thing will never change no matter how good something is we will hop it up or change it to our liking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.