Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
can i get the link too please ?

thanks in advance,
and now you have a PM
Old 02-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

lol hate to ask but can i have it too? why dont you just post it on the thread?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dracy69
lol hate to ask but can i have it too? why dont you just post it on the thread?
you got a PM dracy

i will list my reason as this,i was told the comment second hand not directly and we all know how things get started on here

this comment was confirmed by the guys post of a hellfire roller for sale on truggyracers.com

so to all who's interested thats where it came from i believe the person i heard it from and will leave you to decide for yourselves.

steven
Old 02-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Steven, Cary will have the carbon fiber in and on for this weekend ...I am going to post a picture of those bent towers ....Bone$ was driving it when it bent ...it also bent the lower toe plate ...other then that this truck rocks
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DIRTYERNIE
Hey Steven, Cary will have the carbon fiber in and on for this weekend ...I am going to post a picture of those bent towers ....Bone$ was driving it when it bent ...it also bent the lower toe plate ...other then that this truck rocks
it ought to look good with that CF on it DE

yeah that did suck seeing the tower bent but then again cary is a good tester for it's durability and so dfar as ive said im impressed

head on into a pole you have to expect to break stuff,if i did that with my LST i would expect it to break then again he didnt break it just bent it fixed it and still ran it
Old 02-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I see that guys all over every forum talking crap about the HellFire. But it seems he is the only one. Sure the stock servos suck, but that is about my only complaint. This truck is solid. I just started racing back in September so I am really new to all this. I can drive my LST pretty good now but the HellFire is a different style and I have beat the crap out of this thing and it just won't break. I finally noticed I cracked an arm, but I was able to run the entire 15 min main like this and afterwards the crack was no worse. If you could have only seen what it went through before I finally figured out the handleing. There were so many times I thought the truck was broke, but the marshal just placed it on its wheels and off I went to abuse it some more I just can't imagine what this guy has done to his truck.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Well I hope it's good CF - unlike alloy, you can't bend it back!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just hope the kit version hits the hobby shop soon ...
Old 02-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Well as i said he was not very impressed with it at all,but honestly i think alot of the problems could have something to do with hpi shoving it out the door instead of doing a little more R&D.

if your telling me they honestly didnt know about the servo stripping then they did not test a production version then,they must have been testing one with thier own electronics.

the hinge pin plate is something that they should have seen coming also since HB is now in house with them they had the same problem with the lightninng.
All in all though this truck is going to have it's ups and downs and i think it will come around, i believe HPI learned its lesson somewhat and are at least planning racing upgrades for this truck.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

well you have to give hpi credit.....i mean no other company pumps more stuff out of R&D like HPI. so in terms of stuff released and problems with the stuff they release HPI is doing the best
Old 02-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dracy69
well you have to give hpi credit.....i mean no other company pumps more stuff out of R&D like HPI. so in terms of stuff released and problems with the stuff they release HPI is doing the best
umm...no i would have to disagree with that.

compare HPI to other companys that put stuff out,it took them what 3 years to start making race hop ups for the savage?

and this i know because i had a savage almost 2 years ago,and the only option was integy.

now yes they have a ton of stuff out for it,and are doing a better job of realizing the racing side of the sport doesnt want to wait for hop ups they want them now

the one company i would have to say that does fully understand this is traxxas,say what you want but they get it. They know what thier customers want and they do thier best to fullfill it.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

well im talking about what hpi is doing right now, because the hellfire was just released a month ago, im not really talking about 2-4 years ago. in the past 2 years they have been really pumping out the merchandise. i think there is one major thing Traxxas missed in their customer feedback......the trx 2.5 engine, or smallblocks in general. im not so sure why but they keep putting this engine in all of their kits instead of maybe making a BB monster truck. and the trx 2.5 is an unreliable engine....i dont mean to flame but im just putting my point out there and there is no way else to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.