Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Hellfire Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default HPI Hellfire Truck

Check this out guys:

Coming soon from HPI Racing is the Hellfire, a purpose built, Ready-to-Run high performance, 1/8 scale four wheel drive monster truck. The Hellfire offers maximum performance in all conditions by combining the durability characteristics of the Savage with the agility of 1/8 scale buggies. The truck has a wide range of tuning adjustments, is extremely lightweight and features all-new suspension and steering geometries. It has been designed to allow for easier maintenance with simplified differential access, high quality hex hardware and no e-clips are used anywhere.

The Hellfire will sit along side the Savage in the HPI monster truck line-up. The Hellfire is fast, low and aimed at track enthusiasts, while the Savage is a proven “basher” with oversized durability and maximum ground clearance. Both trucks will be available in ready-to-run and kit versions.

Due for release before the end of the year, stay tuned for more information on the Hellfire.

Hellfire features:

• Purpose built high performance monster truck right out of the box. This is not a buggy conversion!
• Internal drive ratio is optimized for .21 and .28 size race engines.
• Steering and suspension geometries are designed specifically for this truck to maximize performance.
• Low center of gravity for increased responsiveness and better chassis balance.
• The front and rear differentials can be removed by taking out six screws.
• The removal of four screws allows access to the center differential.
• No e-clips are used, anywhere!
• Hex sockets reduce the possibility of a stripped screw.
• Adjustable front and rear inboard toe with convenient urethane eccentric bushings.
• Front inboard toe angle adjustments: 0 degrees to -2 degrees.
• Rear inboard toe angle adjustments: 2 degrees to 4 degrees.
• Adjustable front and rear camber using strong steel turnbuckles.
• The camber can be fine tuned to suit your track conditions.
• Anti-dive adjustments: 0 degrees to 2 degrees in 0.5 degree increments.
• Anti-squat adjustments: 1.5 degrees to 3.5 degrees in 0.5 degree increments.
• Front kick-up angle: adjustable from 21 to 25 degrees.
• 24 possible shock positions available to fine tune your suspension.
• Spring clips are included to fine tune your ride height.
• Four different shock pistons are included for a wide range of tuning options.
• Different compression and rebound can be achieved with tapered shock pistons.
• Damping can be fine tuned with different diameter holes.
• Adjustable steering geometry.
• Adjustable brake bias to control entry steering and jumping.
• Chassis braces included to adjust overall chassis stiffness for smooth or bumpy tracks.
• New, high RPM .28 K4.6 HO engine with increased HP and torque.
• Hard anodized exhaust pipe for maximum power.
• High flow 2 stage air filter for maximum engine protection and increased engine performance.
• Continuous radius exhaust header for maximum exhaust flow and power.
• Wire routing protects wires from moving parts.
• Fuel tube routing system prevents line breakage and promotes better fuel delivery.
• Fuel splash guard keeps fuel splashes away from the brake disk and drivetrain.
• 150cc fuel tank for longer run times than buggy spec 125cc equipped trucks.
• Internal fuel tank filter and external high quality fuel filter for maximum engine protection.
• Low center of gravity flush mounted radio box.
• Secure transponder mounting system.
• 1100 mah, 5-cell receiver pack with 2 hour wall charger included.
• New high strength aero dish wheel with 17mm hex for added durability.
• All driveshafts are CV style joints maximum durability and high efficiency.
• 3.5mm titanium nitride coated shock shafts for durability and maximum performance.
• Titanium nitride suspension pins are extremely durable and provide smooth suspension action.
Attached Thumbnails HPI Hellfire Truck-hellfire_black.jpg   HPI Hellfire Truck-hellfire_dirt2.jpg   HPI Hellfire Truck-hellfire_chassis.jpg  
Old 09-06-2005, 09:33 AM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kinda look like the other truck to me. i think they are just calling it somthing different and making look alittle different to get some money.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That is sick i have been waiting for HPI to come out with somthing like this. Hmmmm do we know a price range???

I Love HPI
Old 09-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

I love HPI too, so much so that I almost bought the company....no, not really, as you might guess.

It looks remarkably like the rush evo, right? Just a bigger engine & slightly modified chasis? I guess that comment is an understatement when reading the specs. Looks like a nice toy to play with.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looks sweet although it looks like a truggy to me! New 06 ROAR rules say lowest part of the motor has to sit 1.5 inchs above the ground with suspension compressed in order to be a monster truck. If its lower its a truggy. You might want to check this out if your going to race a Monster truck class. Or maybe you dont care. Our track races truggys and MT together if they show up.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet looking truck!!!!!

May be time to retire the Savage from racing and replace it will this beast.

Lookout Revo guys....there's a new contender just around the corner.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

More info can be found on HPI Europe:
http://www.hpi-europe.com/kit-info.p...n&partNo=10501
I WANT ONE TOO!!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

pull-start what about roto start?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaimzer
Sweet looking truck!!!!!

May be time to retire the Savage from racing and replace it will this beast.

Lookout Revo guys....there's a new contender just around the corner.
yea...i agree but not 100% agree. i still race my faithful savage with the other true MT...but will get this one to demolish the other truggy in my area.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
yea...i still race my faithful savage with the other true MT...but will get this one to demolish the other truggy in my area.
Yeah!! Way to go JFC!!

This is a truggy. It's awesome. But our Savages are here to stay! We musn't allow the MT class and the Truggy class to become muddled.

I love this Hellfire though - looks like a neat package. Price looks like it's dropped below $600 according to dracy. Initial price indications were over $800
Old 09-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

looks like hpi has been keeping linked with it's customers. the four shocks, adjust towers and race wheels looks like me track savage.

anyone know what it weighs?

heres a pic of my track savage k46
Attached Thumbnails HPI Hellfire Truck-dsc00028.jpg   HPI Hellfire Truck-wabash-23mm-green-40-series-bowties.jpg  
Old 09-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

wow your savage looks crazy!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Went to the local track yesterday and I was surprised when I bumped into two HPI employees (Eric the designer and team driver Thad G.) and they were testing out the HellFire in RTR trim. Got a good look at this truck on and off the track. On track it looks great, the thing takes flight very well, and goes over the jump and rough stuff with ease. Off the track, the truck in RTR form looks good, and already seems like there will be a good amount of hop-up from HPI lined up for this truck (confirmed by Eric and Thad). They won't tell me an exact release date, however, they are aiming for the HellFire to be available before Christmas. So maybe some of you can have this on your Christmas list

Steve Wang
Old 09-10-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Went to the local track yesterday and I was surprised when I bumped into two HPI employees (Eric the designer and team driver Thad G.) and they were testing out the HellFire in RTR trim. Got a good look at this truck on and off the track. On track it looks great, the thing takes flight very well, and goes over the jump and rough stuff with ease. Off the track, the truck in RTR form looks good, and already seems like there will be a good amount of hop-up from HPI lined up for this truck (confirmed by Eric and Thad). They won't tell me an exact release date, however, they are aiming for the HellFire to be available before Christmas. So maybe some of you can have this on your Christmas list

Steve Wang
I like your local track already!

Thanks for the info - it's amazing the kind of up to the minute stuff you guys supply us with.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:45 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

THAT'S A TRUGGY.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.