Search
Like Tree6Likes

savage xs

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by etivac13
thanks.. my motor gets to hot fast...i will lower the gearing first before buying a new motor.. just bought a 24t pinion and a 32t-60t idle gear...
I havent messes with the gearing, but arent you limited there? You have to change other gears aswell right? I would just buy the Tacon 3200kv 3650. There still only $23 for that one. The rest have went up in price,.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

HEAR IS MY NEVER BROKE ANYTHING IN SKATE PARK
ITS WAY BETTER THEN 1/16 EREVO ALL STOCK AND NEVER BRAKES
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anybody know if the Vapor pro esc has been updated to a newer version? I just sent mine in and in the meanwhile managed to smoke another after only 3 packs running 2s and 26/60 gearing. Would switching out the motor for a real castle 1410 lighten the load on the esc and make it more reliable? I have a MMP laying around but the waterproof electronics are half the reason I bought this thing and the MMP was intended for a different project. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Im getting a savage xs ss soon and i need help with a steering horn or saver. What would i need to help the durability of my servo apparently something in the truck destroys your servo? I'm a little confused on what i need to get to fix my problem. You can hear the guy explain the problem in this video at 5:50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WSGc7DOLQ. I dont want to destroy my servo after spending $50 or so
Thanks.
P.S I think that this is what the guy is talking about that needs to be upgraded? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...orn-Silver-25T

Last edited by OMG23RC; 12-08-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

So I've been out of the game a few years after a bad break up, had to sell ALL my toys Both bajas, my TREX, and my Revo Looking at getting back into the game but in a smaller size and found this after considering a fullsize Flux...

My questions are this.. After reading through most of this thread I haven't found the answers I'm looking for...

1. Aftermarket upgrades, do they exist? I like to make my stuff pretty... Carbon Fiber, different colors in reasonable spots, etc. Does anyone do anything for this?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Well ignore most of this.. I just pulled the trigger on a XS RTR mainly because I have absolutely no equipment besides my batteries and charger... I only do 2s so I should be fine... Can't wait to start driving again and ordering hop ups and building/tearing down... Oh boy.

Last edited by CaseyDDR; 12-08-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

guys will these fit on all fours of the savage xs ss? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Wheels-Black-2
Old 12-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OMG23RC
guys will these fit on all fours of the savage xs ss? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Wheels-Black-2
As long as it is a 14mm hex then yes, but you might get rubbing issues, and make sure you upgrade the servo.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Guys I'm running these (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Wheels-Black-2) on all 4 wheels on my truck but as soon as i out them in my turning is absolutely terrible!!! I had to turn my EPA down to about 25% because they keep on touching the side of the truck. I though that you could use them with this truck. Is this normal?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys

I'm in the process of rebuilding the front and rear diff's on my XS.

Just wondering what oil/grease is suggested for use in the diff housing, and then where the dog bones connect in a well.

This car is used purely for bashing through random types of ground, and jumps etc at BMX tracks if that makes any difference
Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

i am welcoming myself to the savage xs owner's club. just ordered a new RTR...the waiting game is killing me lol. what do you guys recommend i do to upgrade it? please post links to products if you don't mind.

so far i know....

- i read a lot about the ESC's going up in smoke. i assume this is from overheating. since the fan is built in, is there any way to provide additional cooling for the esc? such as replacing the fan or adding an additional fan?

- the servo is weak as hell so i know i'll need to upgrade that.

- the turnbuckles need to be upgraded. i think i have some spares from my hpi blitz so i will see if those fit. otherwise i read the traxxas 2334 set will work right? here's the link.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Turnbuckles-2

- a couple guys on here talked about shimming the gears in the diffs...??? how much play is too much in the diff's? anyone have pictures of which gears they shimmed?
Originally Posted by IH8VTEC
I went ahead and shimmed the diffs. The front one had a ton of slop. I used hpi 5x10x.5 washer shims. On the front I used one behind the cone gear and two behind the output cup. The rear was much better and may not have required any shims. I didn't need to put one behind the cone gear just one behind the output cup. The difference between the front and rear is huge. I went looking through the manual thinking I mixed up or missed parts. I'm going to take the front apart again and measure some stuff. For now everything is good and all the gears look ok.
- what fluid weights do you guys run in the diffs and shocks...and how do you like it vs what else you have tried?

- what else should i start doing to the truck?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
Just some FYI here about the XS,

I got mine a few weeks ago, and love it. The only think I have done to it, is replace the stock turnbuckles with the traxxas 2334 camber links andf I added a 3 racing red motor heatsink/fan from the toyz.

I have been running my Gen Ace 5300 2s lipo and it has been great.

I also run a 9.9V life pack 4200mah and it is awesome.

The 3s life pack gives you more power than the 2s lipo and a little less than a 3. Gives you great power and low temps due to not having all 11.1 volts running through it.
is this the one you have? if so, how does it fit and did it really make a difference on your motor temps?

http://thetoyz.com/Heatsinks--Coolin...3racing/13248/
Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

The servo is fine unless you plan on putting bigger tires on. I've had 0 issues on 2s through about ten Runs now with it completely stock and untouched.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

hey guys, what body are you running? what other bodies fit well on the savage xs?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

just in case anyone was wondering, i just called RPM...they don't currently have any products or any products in the works for the savage XS
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

hey guys. just got my brand new savage xs today. i noticed the gear mesh seems to be really tight! it almost sounds like its grinding when i roll it forward or backward. also, the rear wheels spin much much easier than the fronts. when i spin the rear and let go, they keep spinning for a second. but when i spin the front, they stop as soon as i let go. anyone have this issue and what did you do to fix it? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.