Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rybarconllc
i hav a t-maxx ill sell u
if u want details call me at 715-340-4191 call me after 1 in the afternoon
Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
quit trying to peddle your garbage here.
Well said!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

I have decided that durability is not a big factor in my decision anymore. This is because yesterday I was bashing my rustler vxl and I was ramping it on my bmx bike ramp getting 10-15 ft high and going about 25 ft without breaking anything. I think that they are both plenty sturdy for me.

The factors that Im looking at now are things like steering, how well they jump, which is the better racer, ect.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Ugh each post you contradict yourself over and over again. Not just with calling out roy chan in grammatical errors, but with what you "want" out of a truck. You want something based on steering, racing, and jumping, yet you want a Savage "XL", which steers like shit and can't be raced unless you do way to many mods to it, which brings to the point of why the XL is pointless and a POS in comparison to the X.

UGH, just go away. You have no idea what you are talking about with anything.

Last edited by CaseyDDR; 07-22-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

casey can I sell him my savage ? Or how bout my flux ? Both ?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bankrupter
casey can I sell him my savage ? Or how bout my flux ? Both ?
I don't think he'd be able to handle the awesomeness that seeps from both your Savages lol. He'd probably run it fullspeed into a brick wall then tell us it wasn't durable, and that his tmaxx adjusted and drove right up the wall straight to the moon to do a wheelie in space.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think he'd be able to handle the awesomeness that seeps from both your Savages lol. He'd probably run it fullspeed into a brick wall then tell us it wasn't durable, and that his tmaxx adjusted and drove right up the wall straight to the moon to do a wheelie in space.
lamo ... I dont even use them anymore. I got the race itch again
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ugh each post you contradict yourself over and over again. Not just with calling out roy chan in grammatical errors, but with what you "want" out of a truck. You want something based on steering, racing, and jumping, yet you want a Savage "XL", which steers like shit and can't be raced unless you do way to many mods to it, which brings to the point of why the XL is pointless and a POS in comparison to the X.

The biggest problem I have with this hobby is myself. Every time I go out and race or bash I come up with a new idea of what I want. What do I want to do? What can I spend my money on that would make me happy? This guy, like many of us is suffering from the same problem. Why so negative Casey? Are we not on here to humor ourselves in the ridiculousness in which we participate? What else is this forum for? Do you own the place or something? I don't disagree with your points, you seem to have a decent knowledge base. Lets just try to help ourselves a little more.

While we are talking about the Rustler VXL, have you run a three cell lipo in that thing yet? That is a few hours of entertainment, I highly recommend it (Hobbyking Nano-tech 3.3 45-90C, you can charge it in 12 minutes. You won't be able to tighten all your loose screws that fast).

As far as what monster truck to get, I have an LST XXL and a Savage Flux. The new T-maxx 3.3 looks decent, I wouldn't mind running one. I did explode the diffs in my Flux but HPI sent me bullet proof ones for free. No problems since. The rear hub carriers broke, I turned them over until I got aluminum ones. That was a crap design...Every vehicle that I own, I have a stock pile of parts for. From my 8ight's down to my turd cutter Rustler. All of these vehicles are fairly reliable but if you're going to run them hard and hope they don't break, you are wrong. I go to the track and hammer the snot out of my 8ight's and they hold up well. As soon as I put them out on the track it's an automatic 1 hour work bench session and every minute after that puts more time onto that. I generally spend more time wrenching those rigs than driving. I like them to be reliable, so should you. I don't like working on my Savage Flux too much, I will tear my Losi's apart all day but the Savage is a little more annoying to me. You have to make sure your diffs are shimmed tight no matter what vehicle you're driving. The Savage seems to hold a shim well, must be the TVP's. I am glad.

If you want something that is tough, steers well, goes fast, is reliable and easy to work on, get a truggy. Truggies are tougher than any monster truck, simply less to go wrong. If you want to stay with an MT that is understandable, I love them. I don't think you can lose with any big name, just avoid the "lite" versions. Whatever you get, run it hard but treat it well. If you want to talk more, PM me. I have some reasonable ideas.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by roychan69
He had given it to his girlfriend...
Nope big blocked it and ran circles around those pos savages, then sold it for a decent amount. Savage nut swingers amaze me
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

And you must not be able to read, just like roy chan cant speak English to save his life. I didnt post this dumb ass.

And as far as people saying ive never owned these vehicles, ive owned a muggy (chassis is garbage), ran a savage x 4.6 a TON (garbage all around) and have owned a t-maxx 3.3 (decent truck)
Old 07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
Nope big blocked it and ran circles around those pos savages, then sold it for a decent amount. Savage nut swingers amaze me
Do a bit of research on the Savage I had, the ones Bank has, the ones most of HPISF has, Whipet's Savage, Duster, there are a ton of us here with an abundance of Savage experience and you with 0. You've had a Tmaxx. Good Job. Way to stand out!

I bet you bought it at Pep Boys

Oh and Bank, I've been toying with the ERBEs now.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i have 2 of those savages that casey is talking about and im also on hpisf alot but hands down i have to say the savage is one of the best mts out there. i went to one of my bash spots one day and i was running one of my savages and i guy gets there with his tmaxx and tries one of the little jumps i was doing and on his first try the tmaxx broke and from what i saw before it broke they are not all that fast to be honest.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

And you must not be able to read, just like roy chan cant speak English to save his life. I didnt post this dumb ass.

And as far as people saying ive never owned these vehicles, ive owned a muggy (chassis is garbage), ran a savage x 4.6 a TON (garbage all around) and have owned a t-maxx 3.3 (decent truck)
You're a dangerous junk...

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Have you got your friend to jump his Savage X towards your head, and see will the Savage's lower arm break, or your head...?
Do a bit of research on the Savage I had, the ones Bank has, the ones most of HPISF has, Whipet's Savage, Duster, there are a ton of us here with an abundance of Savage experience and you with 0. You've had a Tmaxx. Good Job. Way to stand out!

I bet you bought it at Pep Boys

Oh and Bank, I've been toying with the ERBEs now.
Casey, just ignore this ignorant junk, it is almost impossible to defeat an ignorant man like this All4Bspinnin in an argument...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by maylemay
I have decided that durability is not a big factor in my decision anymore. This is because yesterday I was bashing my rustler vxl and I was ramping it on my bmx bike ramp getting 10-15 ft high and going about 25 ft without breaking anything. I think that they are both plenty sturdy for me.

The factors that Im looking at now are things like steering, how well they jump, which is the better racer, ect.
Most trucks are 'reasonably sturdy', if you're 'not that particular' in any make or model, just get what you like; like the designs of the car etc...

We only share our experiences here, not selling anything here...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I recently ran my Savage X into curb doing 30mph. I was doing a speed run using my friends motorcycle to see how fast my truck could go and I drifted over to far..... The truck literally bounced back unharmed. I did bend my TVP's but thats it. Truck stayed running and was still driveable.

If I had been driving a stock T-maxx (my X is stock for the most part) it would have just destroyed the entire truck.

I've had lots and lots of maxx's, once you go Savage you never go back. I still have a very nicely upgraded 3.3 very reliable runs good but I almost hate the damn thing

I know everyone is entitled to there own opinion but there is just no way a t-maxx is a better truck than a Savage period. I love my Savage X.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.